Looking for a Techfire

lakeyale13

Manager
Are you looking for a Techfire so you can throw it in the garbage where it belongs!? LOL. Swung a Brother's Techfire Fury and absolutely hated the thing. I did hear good things about the OG Crush.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
If you can find the sweetspot on the fury it is pretty good too.. i believe they are 10"barrel, very small ss

Hiltz

Built for comfort
The old Techfires needed a million hits to break in. Anyone who's hit one and didn't like it swung one that wasn't broken in.

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
The old Techfires needed a million hits to break in. Anyone who's hit one and didn't like it swung one that wasn't broken in.

You referring to the dark blue (almost - black looking) OG Techfire with the gold flecks in the paint?

They were tanks. Or are you referring to the Fury, Crush, Rage.....etc (any of the series of Techfires)

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I was referring to the OG Techfire as that was what OP was asking for.

I know the others were part of the "Techfire series" and had "Techfire" written on them somewhere. But when I hear someone talk about a Techfire I immediately think of the original because it was the model that was actually named that.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
You referring to the dark blue (almost - black looking) OG Techfire with the gold flecks in the paint?

Wasn't the original (MZC-1) actually black and the the Rage (MZC-2) dark blue? I'm realizing I know less about the old Techfires than I thought.

Saw one on eBay

I'm seeing a few on the .ca version of eBay, but holy crap they ain't cheap. I got mine on there a few years ago for $40 and there were a tonne there for around the same price, those days are apparently over.

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
Wasn't the original (MZC-1) actually black and the the Rage (MZC-2) dark blue? I'm realizing I know less about the old Techfires than I thought.

You are correct on the model number being MZC-1. The Rage was more of a darker Royal blue.
I know what your saying that almost everyone would say OG Techfire is black, I swear though that's it's a deep Navy, almost black with a slight gold flecks. The thing most people didn't like about the OG Techfire was the handle was thicker than the Crush, Rage, and Fury. I have owned close to every bat Mizuno has put out, except the Blur. Lol

I'm seeing a few on the .ca version of eBay, but holy crap they ain't cheap. I got mine on there a few years ago for $40 and there were a tonne there for around the same price, those days are apparently over.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
You are correct on the model number being MZC-1. The Rage was more of a darker Royal blue. I know what your saying that almost everyone would say OG Techfire is black, I swear though that's it's a deep Navy, almost black with a slight gold flecks. The thing most people didn't like about the OG Techfire was the handle was thicker than the Crush, Rage, and Fury. I have owned close to every bat Mizuno has put out, except the Blur. Lol

I'll have to take mine out in the sunlight and get a closer look, mine definitely looks black. I was surprised by the handle when I got mine, I've had wood bats with thinner handles.

So tell me if I've got this right; the first three Techfire bats all had "Techfire" in big letters on the barrel, MZC-1 just said "Techfire" and nothing else, the MZC-2 and MZC-3 had "Rage" and "Fury" in smaller writing on the taper.

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll have to take mine out in the sunlight and get a closer look, mine definitely looks black. I was surprised by the handle when I got mine, I've had wood bats with thinner handles.

So tell me if I've got this right; the first three Techfire bats all had "Techfire" in big letters on the barrel, MZC-1 just said "Techfire" and nothing else, the MZC-2 and MZC-3 had "Rage" and "Fury" in smaller writing on the taper.

Correct. The Techfire was on the fastpitch bat too.

Had the Envy (another Techfire stamp (on Taper) totally different feel altogether. The Wrath ASA and Wrath 120 were Techfires too, on the taper)

Funny all these bats had totally different weighting to them. None, were super balanced like the Frenzy Elite. Even the Rusty Bumgardner Frenzy 14" wasn't super balanced.

I really liked the balance of the - 2011 Frenzy Elite (also a Techfire stamp (on taper) - 340205 had good pop for a multiple stamped bat. (didn't have the Xtreme - Non-ASA bat)

Sorry, I got a little carried away talking bout my old school sticks.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I order a pure integrity on March 15 2019. 4 week back ordered. 5/1 I message pure company for update of order. They told me it was now back ordered 11-12 more weeks. What kind of company takes a persons money then puts them on a total of 16 week back order? I know what’s going on. The pure teams can’t get the bats to pass compression after one tourney so they get new ones every weekend. I totally understand. So don’t offer them to the public if the company can’t fill the orders. Right? Blah blah blah company changed over 5/1/2019. Blah blah blah I still order the bat March 15th. I’ve swung one pure integrity it was a nice feel and sound but snapped at the handle soon after. Anybody know what bat (usssa) because I’m about to get my money. Pure wants to be for the paid player only. I got that from there order update emails.

STFU.

And go get a Techfire.