Looking for Feedback on BJ Fulk Eltie Legit

T Ripp

<font color="gray">GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER</font>
I'm looking for a little more feedback on the 2016 BJ Fulk Legit Elite then what I have found on here from Swing Boss and couple others. I swing the Freak 12 and 30 in 26oz and would be looking at a 26oz Fulk. So if I can get little more comparison to what I'm swinging along with weighting. Appreciate it.

T Ripp

So other then the few reviews I have read on here nobody else has any input on this stick?

bunt2

Addicted to Softballfans
If you are comparing the Fulk against the freak 12. The only difference is the endload. The 1oz endload in the Fulk is more pronounced than the freak 12. It also seems to break in a little faster. Both are great bats and can't go wrong with either one. I can't speak on the 30.

T Ripp

I'm working on picking one up as I already have a Freak12 and Freak30. I was just looking for a little more information and feedback from people that have swung it other then the few I have found on here.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
lsx freak has a video coming out, swing boss reviewed it

i will give feedback and compare once i swing it

THESHOE

Starting Player
Very close to the same bat, but with an extra 1/2oz of junk in the trunk.

I found a minimal difference between the two.

1) Feel. Obviously Miken has their standard feel, and Worth has theirs. Similar but not the same. I think it is mostly a handle thing...

2) Sweet spot location. The Legits are mid to lower mid barrel sweet spots. Mikens seem to be mid to upper mid. I've noticed this in the 14" and the 12" models equally (Freaks vs Legit 220 lines - 2015 and 2016 models). I prefer Miken because the spot tends to be a little more towards the cap.

Like I said, very minimal. Mostly end load, and the slightest bit mentioned above.

Neither will be greater than the next performance wise. Both very very good, hot quick, and etc. Just depends which suits you better feel wise.

For me, I was hyped to hit the new lines, but at the end of the day I would replace my Freak 12 with the 30. The legit for me was OK, but I preferred the Miken. Albeit, the Mikens would be sweet with a fuller load.

I'm working on picking one up as I already have a Freak12 and Freak30.

T Ripp

Very close to the same bat, but with an extra 1/2oz of junk in the trunk.

I found a minimal difference between the two.

1) Feel. Obviously Miken has their standard feel, and Worth has theirs. Similar but not the same. I think it is mostly a handle thing...

2) Sweet spot location. The Legits are mid to lower mid barrel sweet spots. Mikens seem to be mid to upper mid. I've noticed this in the 14" and the 12" models equally (Freaks vs Legit 220 lines - 2015 and 2016 models). I prefer Miken because the spot tends to be a little more towards the cap.

Like I said, very minimal. Mostly end load, and the slightest bit mentioned above.

Neither will be greater than the next performance wise. Both very very good, hot quick, and etc. Just depends which suits you better feel wise.

For me, I was hyped to hit the new lines, but at the end of the day I would replace my Freak 12 with the 30. The legit for me was OK, but I preferred the Miken. Albeit, the Mikens would be sweet with a fuller load.

Thanks for the review i appreciate it. I love the Freak 12 and 30.. At the same time wanted to try the Fulk out for the extra load not to mention have a 3rd 12-12.5" barrel bat in the bag...

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung the Freak 30 and Fulk side by side tonight. I immediately feel in love with the Freak. The Fulk is definitely nice as well but the Freak 30 just feels so right. Swings smooth (and maybe a tad light) and the feedback is JUST stiff enough to let you feel some feedback. The whole barrel felt as if it was the sweetspot on both bats.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Swung the Freak 30 and Fulk side by side tonight. I immediately feel in love with the Freak. The Fulk is definitely nice as well but the Freak 30 just feels so right. Swings smooth (and maybe a tad light) and the feedback is JUST stiff enough to let you feel some feedback. The whole barrel felt as if it was the sweetspot on both bats.

are the Freak 30 and the KF 30 the same bat??

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I forgot there was the white one piece a couple years ago. Freak 30 is what I'll refer to it as from now on lol

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
There was actually 3 years of KF30s that were 1pc...this years sig is his first 2pc since he left Demarini and came to Miken.

Last edited:

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit my friends fulk during the tourney the last two days and I think I prefer the softer feel of the fulk over the freak black. Neither is hotter than the other but his has way less swings than my black. I do like the way the bat head comes through the zone on the fulk, so smooth and is easy to drop the hammer on the ball.

T Ripp

I hit my friends fulk during the tourney the last two days and I think I prefer the softer feel of the fulk over the freak black. Neither is hotter than the other but his has way less swings than my black. I do like the way the bat head comes through the zone on the fulk, so smooth and is easy to drop the hammer on the ball.

I agree with this 12-12.5' barrels come through much smoother and dropping the hammer on the ball so much more effortlessly. I'm picking up the Fulk to go with my Freak 12 and Freak 30. If it's anything like those 2 it's gotta be disgusting.

T Ripp

Bat is awesome right up until it fails compression. Mine and a friend's both failed tonight at 215 each.

Yeah what Hippo said how many hits on it with what kind of balls before it failed compression?

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm so glad we did away with the local compression tester :D

I have one with probably 250 swings on it now. Super fun bat!! It really came around at about the 150 hit mark, was pretty noticeable. I was going to swing last year's ressy, but the more I swing the Fulk, the more it wins me over.

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
A friend of mine got one about 2 weeks before I got mine. His is a 27, mine's a 26. Both read right at 215 when tested back to back.

T Ripp

Just saying for a bat to fail so fast is ridiculous and crazy.

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
The compression is the least of my worries after tonight. And for my next trick......

72A4F966-199C-43EC-BEEA-8421BB5B7F1F.jpg