Looking for TPS ASA Bat been gone a few years

thevipofdbz

Damme 00mega
I think I am in the market for a newer tps bat. I basically stop playing when the z1000 came out and I saw people having good results. Tried to find out some stuff on the newer model but really did not see anything or saw to much. I did get a demarni omega 2 last year and it preforming well, but not much better than my old bats maybe 10ft but may not be broken in(200 hits)

So you know I have some asa OG cattys and asa nexus I still swing, back in the day my nexus was my gamer and still is some times, as it probably the best POS I ever had. Over 4000 hits and still going. I can not recall anyone ever liking to swing it but me. It preformed on par with any top bat back then for me in distance.

How is the performance of the newer TPS bats compare to the older ones. Is it worth buying a new bat or stick with the old stuff. I have owned or still have just about ever top bat from around 2000-2008 all the Easton and miken, but like the tps the best.

Let me know what good ASA for tops thanks

Protectyaneck

It’s good. Swings light to me. Got hot for at about 400 cuts. Like mentioned above, hit anything other than 52s, and you’ll be cashing in that warranty real early.

dunkky

i would be surprised if TPS gives you more than what you already get from omega. put about 200 more, it should be in another gear. they all crush 52s.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
It should, it’s different tech, the tps is designed for 52’s where the omega is built for classic m, harder balls, it does hit 52’s well after it breaks in around 400-500 hits like dunkky said, but to each is own with results, to me the black tps cuz is like an aftermath and the latest white one feels like my 12” nihilist with the newer Louisville (demarini) inverted tech, I loved the original z’s until the handles started to twist/wobble, where great bats with 52’s and 44’s when there wasn’t really anything with gap tech out there, but the newer gap tech in every manufacture is a step above imo

Last edited:

thevipofdbz

Damme 00mega
Mainly play with old asa 44 375.

Well my Omega came to life a little at about 100 or so hits but still is not super hot yet. maybe has 200 on it now but plan to do some tee work and try to get back closer to my old self and break the bat in fully. Basically I am half the player I was hitting wise. I mean 13 years ago I could hit 400ft plus every once in a while but due to being lazy and no bp i am lucky to hit in the 300 range. My gym stats have went way down There has been one or 2 hits off the Omega that surprised me so I know it has potential. Basically Practice will make the biggest improvement I would think.

I am a lousiville fan and my get one for my next new bat. I meant it was about 10 years since I bought a new bat which was my omega. I swung my 31oz asa catty the other night and it felt like a freaking lead weight, granted I did hit a hr with it but it used to be a lot lighter. Killer endload.

I would like durability in a bat as well. I have busted pst, rocket tech, synergy, and quite a few others. Never a TPS yet beside POS Voltage 2 I got some how. I like to have a bat that will last, how does any of the new stuff hold up?

I watch videos of radar speed test of the TPS cuz and some had good luck with it say 92 compared to there other bats at around 95. It seemed the tps is good maybe top 15.

I think the last year I played tourney I used a Green est all the time.

Thanks for all the input

jkwoody22

League ball huer
If your using 44’s stay with the omega, most of the new stuff has gap technology, non linear, much like a double walls, designed for the 52’s, most are not durable, especially with 44’s, I believe the anarchies are durable, but have no experience with them, and can hit 44’s, but for the most part a newer linear bat, demarini juggy, mercy will be the same as your omega, the new z’s won’t last very long with those balls

Protectyaneck

If your using 44’s stay with the omega, most of the new stuff has gap technology, non linear, much like a double walls, designed for the 52’s, most are not durable, especially with 44’s, I believe the anarchies are durable, but have no experience with them, and can hit 44’s, but for the most part a newer linear bat, demarini juggy, mercy will be the same as your omega, the new z’s won’t last very long with those balls

Yep, if you're looking for something new, its a short list in the USA/ASA world.

1. Demarini Dual Stamps( i think easton just put one out too?)
2. Juggys/Mercys
3. Anarchy X-cores

Other than these, youre looking for bats made in 2016 and earlier.

tonys1

If you're hitting .44's mostly, get an x-core.

Throw anything Demarini, Miken, Easton in the garbage, in a fire or in a wood chipper.