Losing Weight...

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
It is amazing what cleaning up your diet can do. I've lost 8 pounds in 12 days just by changing what I eat and when.

I haven't tried to lose weight in a few years now but I've decided I want to step on stage again next year so need to lose some of that extra lbs I've been carrying around for 10 years...wow that was a long "off season" lol.

I haven't even started cardio yet either. I'm going to see how long before I plateau of just changing my diet around.

DSNuts48

Badass
It helps, I don't have a totally clean diet but taking out processed junk helps. I lost 20lbs in the past month or so. The first 20lbs went off fast and now I'm losing 1.5~lbs a week.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
It helps, I don't have a totally clean diet but taking out processed junk helps. I lost 20lbs in the past month or so. The first 20lbs went off fast and now I'm losing 1.5~lbs a week.

I'm still eating my normal 7 times a day but just switched up what I'm eating and at what time of the day.

Everything isn't perfect since I'm not into contest mode but it has been nice hitting the scale 2 Mondays in a row to see myself losing pounds. I'd be happy with losing another 20 before I really start playing around with my diet.

Oddly enough, I can eat a chicken breast with some brown rice and feel full for hours, where I used to eat a Chipotle burrito and eat again an hour later.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Could move this to a log now, down 15 pounds in 4 weeks. Still haven't set foot on treadmill or anything.

Typical diet:

Meal 1 - ground beef/turkey, wheat toast, oatmeal
Meal 2 - chicken breast, potatoes
Meal 3 - protein/carb shake (after workout)
Meal 4 - ground beef/turkey, yams
Meal 5 - chicken breast, brown rice
Meal 6 - egg whites, steamed veggies
Meal 7 - protein/carb shake

My diet still isn't perfect. In 4 weeks I've "cheated" 4 times. Twice was for Subway sandwich, once was for thin crust veggie delight pizza, and once was for a burger and fries. Overall I'm happy and I should have my six pack back by August at the latest (10 years of hibernation).

I'm working out 4 days a week and of course playing some ball when I can.

berglin11

Addicted to Softballfans
Overall I'm happy and I should have my six pack back by August at the latest (10 years of hibernation).

You must have been in pretty decent shape already to be having a 6 pack that soon!?

jt7

Addicted to Softballfans
You must have been in pretty decent shape already to be having a 6 pack that soon!?

assuming the protein carb shake is before bed or late night being that it is meal 7 of 7 i would reccomend cutting the carbs from it and take a casein protein shake as it is slow digesting so it will take longer to break down throughout the night which is a good thing.

-TC-

Manager
Could move this to a log now, down 15 pounds in 4 weeks. Still haven't set foot on treadmill or anything.

Typical diet:

My diet still isn't perfect. In 4 weeks I've "cheated" 4 times. Twice was for Subway sandwich, once was for thin crust veggie delight pizza, and once was for a burger and fries. Overall I'm happy and I should have my six pack back by August at the latest (10 years of hibernation).

Your diet sounds very boring and bland. Are you sure you will be able to maintain that?

wcoastsoftball

Your diet sounds very boring and bland. Are you sure you will be able to maintain that?

I agreee with TC. There are many options out there to eat healthy and still taste great. I suggest Precision Nutrition or Metabolic Express. Both have great recipies for those who wan tto eat healthy and exercise. Just from using those recipies, you can easily make your own.

Thakaz

Addicted to Softballfans

Typical diet:

Do you cook a lot at once so the proteins are ready to go when needed?
How do you fit this into your work schedule, looks like maybe you're working out on your lunch break?

My 2 cents on the diet would be to halve the amount of starches in meals 2 and 4 and add a veggie, something raw and green is best. Green tea will help speed up your metabolism and give you some antioxidants, and it's a good afternoon pickup.

Don't beat yourself up for 'cheating'. What you're doing takes a lot of mental discipline, so think more as a treat every once in awhile and keep it up.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget

I will have before and after pictures...I have muscle mass but it is just covered by about 40 pounds of excess weight.

assuming the protein carb shake is before bed or late night being that it is meal 7 of 7 i would reccomend cutting the carbs from it and take a casein protein shake as it is slow digesting so it will take longer to break down throughout the night which is a good thing.

This is one thing I was thinking about changing...but my last protein shake of the night is like a treat for me. It is a MRP with a banana and natural peanut butter. Once I start getting more into contest dieting my whole structure will change.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
I agreee with TC. There are many options out there to eat healthy and still taste great. I suggest Precision Nutrition or Metabolic Express. Both have great recipies for those who wan tto eat healthy and exercise. Just from using those recipies, you can easily make your own.

Like I said, this is just typical structure. I'll switch a few things up with various spices, making different salads with different salsas, etc. I'll have yams, sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, etc. and that may sound boring to a lot of people, but I've been eating this stuff for so long I enjoy it.

Do you cook a lot at once so the proteins are ready to go when needed?
How do you fit this into your work schedule, looks like maybe you're working out on your lunch break?

My 2 cents on the diet would be to halve the amount of starches in meals 2 and 4 and add a veggie, something raw and green is best. Green tea will help speed up your metabolism and give you some antioxidants, and it's a good afternoon pickup.

Don't beat yourself up for 'cheating'. What you're doing takes a lot of mental discipline, so think more as a treat every once in awhile and keep it up.

I usually cook twice a week and that will get me everything I need for the week. Luckily for me, I am salaried so I don't have set hours so I can take longer lunch breaks to work out and then I'll just stay later in the day. Gym is 5 minutes away from work and in a few weeks I'll be moving into a house that is 5 minutes away from work as well so that will give me more time for the gym.

I've been looking into various teas, especially since I want to cut diet pop out of my daily habits.

I'll keep everyone posted on how things progress and thanks for the input!

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget

Just wait until I actually start doing a contest diet, that is really boring :)

I'll have no problem maintaining this just because I've been so accustomed to eating these things for so many years. I've been eating 7 times a day for 10+ years now so basically it was just cleaning up what I was eating before. Cut out the fast foods, treats, etc. A couple things that I used to eat on a weekly basis was Chipotle, Subway almost every day, and ice cream a few times a week. In the past month I haven't had Chipotle, haven't had ice cream and have only had Subway twice. Just changing that alone has helped me lose some of the weight.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
I'm now down 17 pounds in 5 weeks. I want to be losing around 2-3 pounds a week and I still haven't done any cardio. I move into a new house in a few weeks and will have more time for cardio and that is when I plan on starting it.

Going to figure out some goals and dates I want to hit them in the next few weeks so I'll keep everyone updated on how things progress.

wcoastsoftball, if you want to move this to logs since that is kinda what I've started here go ahead or I can just keep adding here. Thanks bro.

JPritch

Addicted to Softballfans
Good job man!

Question for the guy who mentioned having Green Tea as a drink, and how it speeds up metabolism. I have heard the same thing before, but my question is, do the Lipton and other bottled green tea beverages found in your typical convenience store do the same thing, or are we talking real brewed green tea like you'd get hot at a Chinese restaurant?

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!

I might take a look at this.

My wife and I used E-Mealz low carb option and were very pleased for about a year until the recipes and menu plans began to repeat themeselves. We liked that it gave us a grocery list and menu for the week. I still use many of the recipes.

I made vegetable lasagna yesterday. Man that stuff is good.

JJ27

Grasshopper
Started last Monday on the 17 Day Diet at 228. Weighed in today at 215. We'll see what happens on the 2nd phase, but the first is working fantastic thus far.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
You lost 13 pounds in 10 days?? That isn't good bro...way too quick unless it was all water weight?

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
It has slowed to a pound a day now. Really easy diet and I'm not craving anything so far.

A pound a day is a lot! Sounds like a crash diet where you are losing water weight and muscle.

What does the diet consist of?

JJ27

Grasshopper
A pound a day is a lot! Sounds like a crash diet where you are losing water weight and muscle.

What does the diet consist of?

It's a book my wife bought called the 17 Day Diet. The premise is you can do anything for 17 days. The first phase you eat, 2 cups of probiotic yogurt, 2 servings of berries/apple/purple grapes, 2 servings of nonstarchy vegetables i.e. green beans/spinach/greens, and nonfried turkey, chicken, or fish. It says any amount of the meat within reason. I typically eat 1 cup of yogurt and an apple for breakfast, a vegetable and grilled chicken breast for lunch, my 2nd cup of yogurt and fruit for snack, then a vegetable and either grilled chicken or turkey burger patties for dinner. You also can only drink water or green tea. You can have coffee too, but no creamer. You are also supposed to do atleast 17 minutes of some kind of exercise a day. If you do that for 17 days. I will be starting phase 2 Wednesday so I don't know what it is exactly yet.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Yeah, I figured it was something in which you are basically doing a crash diet. You are losing more than just fat in this diet. My diet I'm eating 7 times a day and I continue to lose weight each week without doing any cardio yet. Sure, my diet may be boring to some but I'm not losing the muscle mass that you would in a diet similar to yours.

I'm probably eating 2-3 times as many calories as you and still dropping the weight...but to each their own I guess. If you are happy with the results and where the losses are actually coming from good work!

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
I just picked up Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet. Five pounds gone in less than a week. I think that kind of drop is normal just by losing a lot of the sugar and other **** ... and the alcohol (Dammit, being on the wagon makes me cranky. Yeah, yeah, er than normal).

Anyhow, it isn't boring. It's actually tasty food. You can buy the Clean Eating Magazine to supplement the cooler plans.

And the best part? With all the fibre? I just don't have that bloated feeling any more.

It's too early to recommend it but I'm certainly feeling better and that's the best result anyone can have, yeah?

kyhunter14

Addicted to Softballfans
been doing the no carb/low carb diet since May 1. Have lost 21 pounds so far. Went from 244 to 223. Havent worked out or done any cardio. Any idea at what point the weight loss will plateau on this kind of diet? Wondering when I should start running a little instead of laying around on my lazy butt.

DSNuts48

Badass
been doing the no carb/low carb diet since May 1. Have lost 21 pounds so far. Went from 244 to 223. Havent worked out or done any cardio. Any idea at what point the weight loss will plateau on this kind of diet? Wondering when I should start running a little instead of laying around on my lazy butt.

Do you have energy?