Louisville Slugger Forum Rules and Returns Dept. Information

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
**********Manufacturer Forums are for questions and comments regarding the specific manufacturer. Please keep all selling, trading, and buying threads in the marketplace section.*********

"X" or "N" stamped on the knob identifies an"EXP" / "ADVANCED PLAYER" / "NO WARRANTY" Bats: These bats are produced with ultra-thin walls to provide maximum hitting results. We know that these bats will have a shorter life cycle compared to some of our other models, but we have found that many players want the very best performance that they can get. These bats are normally marked either PLAYER or N0-WARRANTY on the barrel of the bat.

"B" on the knob identifies a Cosmetically Blemished or "Blem" Bat: Blem bats usually have a paint or finish imperfection and are sold to dealers at discounted rates.

"U" on the knob identifies a Used Metal Bat: Used metal bats have been used and returned to Louisville Slugger. However, after examination, the bats test out structurally sound and are sold to dealers at discounted rates.

"P" on the knob identifies sponsored player bats: These are bats that are sponsored teams and players. Since they are donated they do not come with a warranty.

"R" on the knob identifies replaced bat: These are the bats that are sent to customers as a warranty replacement. These bats fulfill the remainder of the original warranty.

Returns Phone Number – (800) 282-2287

Warranty Return Address -
Louisville Slugger
ATTN: WARRANTY DEPT.
800 WEST MAIN STREET
LOUISVILLE, KY 40202

Online Return Form: http://www.slugger.com/warranty/

RETURN INSTRUCTIONS
This online Aluminum Bat Warranty Return system is designed to service consumers residing in the United States. For individuals residing outside of the United States please return your aluminum bat along with the proof of purchase to the dealer from which it was purchased.

If you have more than one bat to return, please call the Bat Warranty Department at 1-800-282-BATS (2287). Do not use this on line form.

To return a Louisville Slugger bat, the original bat must have been purchased within one year and must be accompanied by a valid proof of purchase.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RETURN THE BAT UNTIL A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER HAS BEEN RECEIVED.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duke of Durham

Addicted to Softballfans
return

i just received a warranty return Dynasty from Louisville and the knob is stamped 05 the numbers are opposite eachother across the knob sticker.

bshelman

The letters and numbers that you see stamped on the knobs of your aluminum bats correspond with the receipt date that was sent in with your defective bat. For example:

"L 4" = December 2004 ("L" - 12th letter of the alphabet/December - 12th month of the year and "4" for 200"4")

"A 5" = January 2005 ("A" - 1st letter of the alphabet/January - 1st month of the year and "5" for 200"5")

This doesn't mean your replacement bat is 'no warranty' it simply means that this is a replacement bat and if it is returned again under a warranty claim that the receipt should match the date stamped on the knob.

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
Info on the Bad QC # Z2000's

http://www.slugger.com/media/pdf/Consumer Z2000 letter.pdf

Dear Louisville Slugger Slow Pitch Softball Customer:

Louisville Slugger is proud of the on-field success our high-end Z-2000 slow pitch softball bats have enjoyed since their launch
last spring. Tim Cocco set the single season HR record and took home Offensive Player of the Year honors in Conference
USSSA with the Z-2000. Thousands of avid players like you have had great success with it as the Z-2000 has become a
favorite among the best players in the sport.

We wanted to let you know that we have become aware of a manufacturing issue that has compromised the durability of an
isolated number of Z-2000 softball bats. This variability is showing up as a diagonal or X shaped hairline fracture in the barrel
of the bat. The issue is confined to the USSSA models (SB13ZB & SB13ZE) and is contained within a limited number of bats.
As softball players have learned over the years, Louisville Slugger prides itself on doing the right thing for its loyal customers.
We are committed to resolving this quickly and efficiently so we can get players who are impacted back on the field as fast as
possible. To determine if your USSSA Z-2000 is one of the limited numbers of bats affected, find the tracking code located just
above the grip that begins with the letters “QC.” If the first two numbers on your bat after “QC” are from 30 to 50, your bat
is part of the sub-set of bats that are potentially affected
(see pictures below). Please contact our Customer Service
Department at 1-800-282-BATS to discuss this further and address any questions you might have.

For those of you impacted by this situation, we apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience. Our
industry leading R&D team is working diligently to correct the issue and introduce a new Z-2000 with the same industryleading performance you have grown accustomed to from Louisville Slugger.

As soon as the issue is corrected in manufacturing, Louisville Slugger will provide you an update on the timeline for
reintroducing the new USSSA Z-2000. This update will be posted on our website at www.slugger.com/slowpitch or feel free
to call our Customer Service Dept. for continued updates. And, as always, be sure to check out
www.facebook.com/LouisvilleSluggerSlowpitch for the latest on the brand.

We pledge to work tirelessly to maintain your trust and continue to bring you the best products the sport has to offer.

Best Regards,
Bill Clark
President – Louisville Slugger

Dreus

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a USSSA tps z2000 27oz balance with less than 20 swings on it. there is a X on the endcap and my bat DOESN'T have a QC# on it. why is that. is my bat a players models that makes it hotter. PLEASE HELP ME OUT and explain. can I return it without receipt

kjlee85

It can only be returned through a sponsored player. They aren't going to take it without a receipt. IIRC, there is also information if you remove the grip that can determine when a bat is produced.

BoomDinger

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought a NIW Z2000 Reissue with receipt from an "authorized dealer"
Described as returnable also.

The end cap is marked with "P". Should I be asking them questions about my one year warranty?

bronski12

Addicted to Softballfans
Warranty return

I just got a Z4000 balanced off the forums with a valid receipt of purchase. It appears that the bat may be broken after swinging it only 4 times in a game. How do I return it with this receipt since the name on the receipt is not my name? What is the process?

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
if i take the tape off my bat does it ruin my warranty or is it safe to change

You're good Zeke you can change the grip..... Just don't ever try to remove the endcap and mess with the inside.

You got your first bat now you will be cleaning it and worried about breaking it all summer lol

Get on and read up on the Sonic+ so you know what to expect and put your receipt in a safe place just in case.

Trouble52

My LS z3000 is no longer under warranty but the end cap has been damaged. I was not attempting to alter the bat or anything to that end. Is there a way for me to send the bat in for repair and if so, how much would it cost?