low carb diet meals

nam2212

Dr. Nick
you are wrong... you muscles will be depleted of carbs which makes it very hard to put on muscle even though its common to put on some muscle but you actually tend to lose some muscle on a low carb diet

So why did you recommend lifting a few posts up? Not being a smartass, just wondering. I am very familiar with low carb. I went from 308 to 192lbs in about 4 months in college. I ate tuna and chicken breast for every meal. I ran like crazy and the weight fell off. I then graduated and got a real job and sat on my ass to gain about 60lbs of that back over about 5 years.

jcasler

The Veteran
So why did you recommend lifting a few posts up? Not being a smartass, just wondering. I am very familiar with low carb. I went from 308 to 192lbs in about 4 months in college. I ate tuna and chicken breast for every meal. I ran like crazy and the weight fell off. I then graduated and got a real job and sat on my ass to gain about 60lbs of that back over about 5 years.

because lifting is a very good way to lose weight.... when you lift weights your muscles break down and instead of your muscles using carbs to feed the muscles it will use your fat

weight training is actually a better way to lose weight than cardio

you can gain muscle on a low carb diet but it will be very minimal in most cases...sometimes you lose muscle even when lifting... if you dont lift at all and just do cardio you will lose ALOT of muscle

jcasler

The Veteran
if you are in the previously stated ketosis state, calories dont matter... if your not its a totally different subject

calories should always matter....

ketosis or not depending on your activity level and your adjustment of your calorie intake you will not shed pounds

its all about calories IN and calories OUT ... you need to burn more than you put in

-TC-

Manager
Thats a good article, but if you have ever tried eating a high protien diet in order to burn your own fat stores you get hungary every 2-3 hours. Your body can only take so much protien at a time (around 50 grams). Snacking on chicken and veggies or other healthy choices spreads the protien out and helps hunger throught the day.

proof of the only 50g at a time please?

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
OK, guys a lil update on my diet !!!!!!!!!!

So I figured when I started this diet back in July i was @ 270lbs.... As of tuesday night aug 23, after my softball game I weighed in @ 234lbs.......

basically now is my toughest part, cuz up untill sunday, I had been cutting firewood, as a good way of working out, basically doing it almost everyday for atleast 2hours per day, unless it was raining lol, plus i was playing alot of softball too league and tournaments.

But now, I have no firewood to cut, so I am as of today i decided to do the " 300 " workout.... or a modified version of it with no weights or nothing more than 5 to 20lbs dumbbells. While I dont want to get HUGE, I just wanna cut out the last 10 to 20lbs....

I mean right now, I havent been this low in weight since 2003..... but it does feel good.....

I do have a friend who is suppose to lend me some of his P90x videos, I told him i would like to just have the aerobic ones.....

But hopefully by this weekend, I will be down below 230lbs, since I have a tournament saturday :)

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
Ok, It's been a while since I've updated my thread on here...

But right now I am down to 205lbs !!! I am still sticking to my diet and i love it!!

Right now I am working out 4 to 5 times per week.

I usually start out with stationary bike for 20-30mins, then i work my abs and back, then depending on what i need to do, I work my arms / chest, core, legs, or all of them. I usually finish off my workout by running for 1 1/2 miles or so, and then doing 20 more mins of the stationary bike. usually my workout is around 2 hours long.

robsgt

Addicted to Softballfans
Good job man! Thats huge progress. Great motivation for the rest of us. Looks like you found a good routine that works for you & I bet you stick with it for a long time. "You only get out what you put into it" is a saying I try to go by with training & it looks like its paid of for you.

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
Good job man! Thats huge progress. Great motivation for the rest of us. Looks like you found a good routine that works for you & I bet you stick with it for a long time. "You only get out what you put into it" is a saying I try to go by with training & it looks like its paid of for you.

Rob,

Thanks !!! yea, its amazing how much I have changed, Looks wise... of course alot of my friends are like, ohh you should of taken before and after pics or progress pics... I kinda wish i would of too, but i have a few pics of me playing softball before I started working out, and I look at myself now and its like OMG that was me??? lol..

But yea, I like my workout routine and I am now trying some new stuff too, to mix it up..

Heck this past weekend, I went out and bought some new jeans, and my old Jeans were a size 42... I am now @ a size 38.. Almost 36...

Jack21

This thread provide detail information about the low carb diet. I am trying to
loss weight and make a healthy diet plan of the low carb diet, please also recommend me exercise.

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
This thread provide detail information about the low carb diet. I am trying to
loss weight and make a healthy diet plan of the low carb diet, please also recommend me exercise.

Jack,

here is some of the stuff I eat...

Steak LOL!!! alot of the time, if I go out, I will get a steak, 12 to 16oz.. And Depending on the side i will get a baked potato ( no sour cream ) and some vegi's...... I will eat half of the steak and take the rest home for second meal later in the day or the next.

Chicken breast, you can eat this all day long!! or cook some up and mix it in with some Stir fry..

Salads, I usually eat a salad per day, mix in 2 to 4 oz of deli ham or turkey, cheese, and some low carb dressing ( Marzetti ) sp is what i get, roasted italian garlic or some White balsamic vinaigrette...

oatmeal- i bought some when i first started my diet, just never ate it lol, now i am using it as a good " lunch - mid day meal "

oranges / grapefruits, i usually eat these if i am snacking late at night or something... same with the salads. I do this because its light on my stomach..

soups - usually soups are not bad for you unless your really watching your sodium intake lol..........

Eggs- bacon- sausage, fyi there is no carbs in meat !!! so bacon or sausage is not bad for you unless you are also watching your fat intake.. but you can krispy cook the bacon and sausage lol.....

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
jack

as for exercise, if you are just starting out, i'd go with something aerobic, stationary bike , eliptical ( sp ), step classes, light running, swimming, and then work on building up your stamina.. Also consult a personal trainer too.

I myself workout 4 to 5 days per week and sometimes 2 or 3 times per day lol...