LTB Demarini Standard Issue

ShortYellowBus

I would however I prefer the composite handle and want to rep my military brothers and sisters that have fought beside me somewhat a sentimental thing
Standard Issue is an alloy handle. I understand the point, but it’s just paint. It’s a good bat nonetheless.

They’re absolutely sold out and they weren’t that durable to begin with, so whatever you find may not be up to your liking.

With that said, thank you for your service. If I had any of these two bats, I’d gladly send them your way.

I humbly suggest that you lose the narrow focus on these two bats; all bats from the big bat makers from 2018 forward are roughly similar in performance and any gain in performance is subjective.

In other words, it’s the Indian, not the arrow. A composite handle with a very long barrel balanced bat (Easton) and a very stiff alloy handle with a super short endloaded barrel (DeMarini) are extremely different!

Surely there’s a compromise somewhere?

The Easton Wild Fireflex was designed with the input of the SBF forum members and its right in the middle of those two bats you mentioned. They sell balanced and endload models.

There’s also the DeMarini Nautalai bats. Extremely good out of wrapper. Excellent feedback everywhere you look. Balanced and endload offerings as well.

Jtater_1

Standard Issue is an alloy handle. I understand the point, but it’s just paint. It’s a good bat nonetheless.

They’re absolutely sold out and they weren’t that durable to begin with, so whatever you find may not be up to your liking.

With that said, thank you for your service. If I had any of these two bats, I’d gladly send them your way.

I humbly suggest that you lose the narrow focus on these two bats; all bats from the big bat makers from 2018 forward are roughly similar in performance and any gain in performance is subjective.

In other words, it’s the Indian, not the arrow. A composite handle with a very long barrel balanced bat (Easton) and a very stiff alloy handle with a super short endloaded barrel (DeMarini) are extremely different!

Surely there’s a compromise somewhere?

The Easton Wild Fireflex was designed with the input of the SBF forum members and its right in the middle of those two bats you mentioned. They sell balanced and endload models.

There’s also the DeMarini Nautalai bats. Extremely good out of wrapper. Excellent feedback everywhere you look. Balanced and endload offerings as well.
You’re absolutely correct about the SI being alloy however yes I wanted it for the looks and value it had for my profession and I heard somewhat good things about it but I did hear about it wearing quick. The baker I have used my friends in games and have crushed the ball and have solid hits and absolutely love it. I do see where you’re coming from and I very much appreciate your expert thoughts in this matter as baseball is somewhat like softball but they are different in their ways. Am very much wanting to be more invested softball as being older and never really having any injuries I can tell my body wouldn’t last long in a men’s baseball league, trying to play as if I was pitching back in college

That being said I have gravitated towards the more appealing looking bats in softball and or really just don’t know which softball slow pitch ones are really worth anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated and or if you find a selling ad for something 2 piece, composite and or alloy if too can explain how they differ in the softball sense, balanced as I’ve done great with that and a bigger guy and swing fast and hard thus endloaded not really seeming to make a difference or any other information would help me out a lot

ShortYellowBus

Alloy handle means super stiff. The idea behind it is that more energy transfers back to the ball on contact. This alludes to composite handles being flexible and flexing upon contact.

About that...

Do they make helmets and race cars out of alloy? No they don’t.

Composite is the stiffest material available, which is why Ferrari’s, McLaren’s and Lambo’s are constructed with composite space frames. There’s virtually no flex, even on convertibles.

Chevy made an ad where an alloy bed of an F-150 was easily destroyed by common work tools.

Somehow the marketing departments of bat makers think softball players are the dumbest buying demographic.

But I digress.

Ah yes, bats. They’re all fantastic.

Just find one that best fits your swing.

Jtater_1

Alloy handle means super stiff. The idea behind it is that more energy transfers back to the ball on contact. This alludes to composite handles being flexible and flexing upon contact.

About that...

Do they make helmets and race cars out of alloy? No they don’t.

Composite is the stiffest material available, which is why Ferrari’s, McLaren’s and Lambo’s are constructed with composite space frames. There’s virtually no flex, even on convertibles.

Chevy made an ad where an alloy bed of an F-150 was easily destroyed by common work tools.

Somehow the marketing departments of bat makers think softball players are the dumbest buying demographic.

But I digress.

Ah yes, bats. They’re all fantastic.

Just find one that best fits your swing.
Thank you for your response and understand where you’re coming from. I like the demarinis they just seem to all have alloy handles which is fine but maybe my swing likes composite lol who knows but I shall see. Wish I could borrow bats lol then If I don’t like how they feel take it back to the store lol