LTB LTB: Youth Composite Bat 29" 16,17oz?

Just Ron

Addicted to Softballfans
Hi,

My 7 y.o son is starting to take baseball seriously and is currently hitting an S500 Easton alloy bat (29/16). I don't want to take a plunge on an expensive composite bat just yet but thought maybe someone may have one their son has outgrown.

Any used (good condition) composite bats in a 29" 16,17 and maybe 18 oz out there?

Thanks!

vdubya

Addicted to Softballfans
I just posted a nice 28" Anderson techzilla XP FS here locally for $50. My youngest used it for coach pitched 7-8yo league last year. It is a big time home run bat with high end pop for a walshart price. Original owner, normal light wear, no issues for $50+ actual shipping if interested.

ragals17

Addicted to Softballfans
He will likely not be able to take advantage of a composite at age 7. He will be better off with an aluminum bat/alloy bat.

Just Ron

Addicted to Softballfans
He will likely not be able to take advantage of a composite at age 7. He will be better off with an aluminum bat/alloy bat.

You're right from a power stand point but it's more for the feel. He doesn't like the stingers from alloy bats. Probably the more inexpensive thing to do is to buy new cushioned bat tape. I may try that route if I can't find one.