March 21st- Albuquerque, NM

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
The USSSA director said that she will run a military only bracket if we can get enough teams to come to Albuquerque, New Mexico on March 21st. I believe she stated entrance would only be $130 for military teams. I know it's relatively short notice, but would love to face some new competition outside the local regulars...

Teams I'm hoping that might make an effort:
Kirtland AFB
Holloman AFB
Bliss team (s) - I believe there's like 2-3 teams?
Cannon AFB
Peterson
Carson
Academy
Buckley
DM
Luke

8 teams would be awesome! She'll probably run it as a military open dependent on the levels of teams coming out and how many teams show up.

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Holloman should be there. ill let them know. is there a contact or POC to confirm participation

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
I just sent a message to the coaches for FBT/Luke and Holloman and hopefully they will participate. I got in touch with a player out of DM as well. so hopefully those are 4 teams that are willing to play or however many teams FBT will bring.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
So from what I can gather...

CTR (Ft Carson, CO)
Overrated (Davis Monthan AFB, AZ)
Untouchables MIL-VAR B (Kirtland AFB, NM)
Untouchables MIL-VAR Intramural (Kirtland AFB, NM)

edspanish - any word on Not Forgotten NM?

I understand that No Skillz-Cannon is partaking in another tournament...for you military teams, do you want to be mixed in with the Civ teams or have a Round Robin followed by Double Elim tourney?

We, CTR, will stay with Military. If it comes down to the other teams wanting to play civilian then we will make the change.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
We, CTR, will stay with Military. If it comes down to the other teams wanting to play civilian then we will make the change.

FYI, they are mixing the squads with Civ teams... ended up like only 3 mil teams coming out (25 total teams when mixed with Civ teams). Depending on schedule, was thinking of getting additional scrimmages in between the military squads at a different facility just down the street.

The 3 military squads from that I think I know of are:
CTR (Ft Carson)
Walk Off Sports AZ (Davis Monthan?)
Untouchables (Kirtland)

Could be something quick like...
CTR vs Walk Off
CTR vs Untouchables
Walk Off vs Untouchables

Would give us military squads 2 more games each...

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds like we have 4 military teams for this weekend... they are mixing it with 4 civ teams...

Walk Off Sports AZ
Cut The Rock (Ft. Carson, CO)
Servicemen of Buckley (Buckley AFB, CO?)
Untouchables (Kirtland AFB, NM)