Marucci c mod gloves

Party mafia

Anyone try out the new marucci c mod gloves? How is the quality of the leather compares to Rawlings pp or Wilson a2k?

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I have an original Carpenter, the stuff Scott uses is not leather it is a synthetic. Based upon the quality glove I have I would and have already highly recommended to friends to snag one of them as it's a pretty amazing feeling to have a custom fit glove.

Party mafia

I have an original Carpenter, the stuff Scott uses is not leather it is a synthetic. Based upon the quality glove I have I would and have already highly recommended to friends to snag one of them as it's a pretty amazing feeling to have a custom fit glove.
I noticed the new c mod from marucci have size medium and large hand stall. Was the original carpenter made for Rawlings?

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I noticed the new c mod from marucci have size medium and large hand stall. Was the original carpenter made for Rawlings?

Here's my understanding:

The original C-Mods were installed in Rawlings, but the gloves were sent in by players or customers directly to Scott. He was very clear that he did not have any relation to Rawlings corporate. On these original gloves, he tailored each synthetic palm liner, thumb and pinky slots, and finger stalls to a mold or scan of the customer's hand. This same craftsmanship was used in his Carpenter Trade fully synthetic gloves and the Carpenter X Leatherhead limited edition from eBay.

Once he partnered with Marucci, his knowledge, skills, and construction techniques were folded into the C-Mod models released by Marucci this week. Since this line is offered on the retail market, it probably includes features such as the synthetic liner, wrist pad, and finger stalls, along with the thumb and pinky slots. I don't see how it would be possible to include the patterned and player specific mold on the palm liner though.

If you haven't put on a C-Mod or felt a Carpenter glove before, there is truly nothing else like it!

LSU

Starting Player
Anyone try out the new marucci c mod gloves? How is the quality of the leather compares to Rawlings pp or Wilson a2k?

I'm sure the hand stall is synthetic, but the leather on the shell is going to be the same leather used on their new Capitol series. If you or anyone else has specific questions, I can run by Marucci and check them out soon. I've been wanting to take a look at them myself.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Original carpenter was a custom glove hand stall fit to a trace of your own hand. Pretty impressive stuff, legit only fit me properly. The C-Mod did something similar but used a Rawlings shell provided by the customer just like @davisrelacing said. I'm not sure if he used the same idea there utilizing a trace of a hand or what but it does solve some of those issues that guys have with hand stall size.

Party mafia

I'm sure the hand stall is synthetic, but the leather on the shell is going to be the same leather used on their new Capitol series. If you or anyone else has specific questions, I can run by Marucci and check them out soon. I've been wanting to take a look at them myself.
If you check out the c mod, could you take a picture of the 12.75 inches with a softball in it. Thx.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Original carpenter was a custom glove hand stall fit to a trace of your own hand. Pretty impressive stuff, legit only fit me properly. The C-Mod did something similar but used a Rawlings shell provided by the customer just like @davisrelacing said. I'm not sure if he used the same idea there utilizing a trace of a hand or what but it does solve some of those issues that guys have with hand stall size.
A C-Mod Rawlings that I've handled had the custom imprinted hand stall just like a regular Carpenter Trade glove.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Scott started with tracings, then went to plaster casts and then figured out that while hands vary, a few different sizes could cover a huge percentage of player hand sizes. I guess we'll see if two different sizes is enough. I was hoping for S, M, L, XL (like batting gloves), but I can see how that would be a stocking nightmare for retailers.

Soxfan8

Starting Player
I picked up the 12.75 version, which arrived today. Here are a few initial observations:

- It’s my first Marucci, but the pattern reminds me of a 303.
- the leather is thick like a PP, but not as shinny (I think it’s just steer hide).
- there are plastic inserts in the thumb and pinky that secure your hand, and the heel padding is also reduced for TIP. No thumb or pinky loops.
- the lining has the carpenter foam material on the back of the hand, but the palm and finger lining are leather rather than composite.

Party mafia

I picked up the 12.75 version, which arrived today. Here are a few initial observations:

- It’s my first Marucci, but the pattern reminds me of a 303.
- the leather is thick like a PP, but not as shinny (I think it’s just steer hide).
- there are plastic inserts in the thumb and pinky that secure your hand, and the heel padding is also reduced for TIP. No thumb or pinky loops.
- the lining has the carpenter foam material on the back of the hand, but the palm and finger lining are leather rather than composite.
Thanks. Could you post some pictures with a sb in the pocket? Where is their c mod gloves made?

Committed

Thanks for the info and pics, @Soxfan8

I have been on the fence with this exact model due to it only coming in the larger size.

What size batting glove do you wear and how does this hand stall fit?

Soxfan8

Starting Player
Thanks for the info and pics, @Soxfan8

I have been on the fence with this exact model due to it only coming in the larger size.

What size batting glove do you wear and how does this hand stall fit?

I wear XL. This glove is a large. It’s a pretty snug fit. Not having the medium to compare it to, it’s hard to say how significant the difference is.

Last edited:

Soxfan8

Starting Player
If you dont mind could you post the weight of the c mod glove, since the c mod gloves are supposed to reduce the weight from 1 to 3 oz from their c mod website. Thx

I don’t have a scale, but there is no significant weight savings as far as I can tell. This is not the same as the original c mod (I have one). The original involved replacing the entire leather liner with synthetic material. These retail gloves have a leather liner with formed plastic inserts in the thumb and pinky.

Party mafia

I don’t have a scale, but there is no significant weight savings as far as I can tell. This is not the same as the original c mod (I have one). The original involved replacing the entire leather liner with synthetic material. These retail gloves have a leather liner with formed plastic inserts in the thumb and pinky.
so the retail c mod is not the same as your OG c mod? So they went cheap on the retail version after marucci bought them out and only have the formed inserts in the thumb and pinky.

Soxfan8

Starting Player
so the retail c mod is not the same as your OG c mod? So they went cheap on the retail version after marucci bought them out and only have the formed inserts in the thumb and pinky.

They are not the same. I don't speak for Marucci, but I assume they intended to make a more cost effective retail version. The OG C Mod was custom to the user's hand, which is not possible in the retail version. I could see many people preferring the leather to the synthetic liner.

tbarb

Anyone with experience playing the retail version C-MOD : (Thinking about the shift 12 3/4, but feedback on any of them would be appreciated.)

How was it?
- Break in?
- Playability - how is it better for you in any way?
- How does the index and pinkly inserts help as to fell and closing the glove on the ball?
- What were the biggest differences?
- Based on what size you have, what would you recommend for a person with 7" wrist and 7.75" long narrow fingers?
- Anything else that sticks out?

Thanks

Last edited:

pidgeon

I just picked up the Cypress 12.75" H-Web C•Mod Shift C78R3 in Medium and here are my first impressions:

The sizing is pretty roomy in my opinion. Between Medium and Large, I chose Medium, expecting something like a Pedroia fit, but the hand opening is still pretty large. Perhaps the difference is in the finger stalls. Sausage fingers need not apply for Medium.

I like the Shift feature and being able to put two fingers in the pinky stall without feeling like they are crammed. I don't necessarily think it provides more control, but I do feel more locked in, like my hand won't move around.

In trying to describe the way the interior feels, the best analogy I can come up with is that it feels like the molded foot bed of high tech slippers, the kind that has contours around each toe (think Adidas Cloudfoam). Or think of the molded bucket seats in a race car as opposed to a traditional bench seat. Some people get weirded out by that 3D feeling, some people love it. Your hand feels cradled at all angles. If you are a traditionalist, you might miss the simple feel of a leather thumb sleeve or the molding effects of palm adhesive.

The leather quality looks similar to an Easton Small Batch and smells similar to a Mizuno Pro Select.

The weight on my kitchen scale is 22.45oz, a hair lighter than some of my 12.5" and 12" gloves.

Anyone with experience playing the retail version C-MOD : (Thinking about the shift 12 3/4, but feedback on any of them would be appreciated.)

How was it?
- Break in?
- Playability - how is it better for you in any way?
- How does the index and pinkly inserts help as to fell and closing the glove on the ball?
- What were the biggest differences?
- Based on what size you have, what would you recommend for a person with 7" wrist and 7.75" long narrow fingers?
- Anything else that sticks out?

Thanks