Marucci Capitol Horween Release

Hallux

Apparently, Marucci released some Horween(C55) Capital Series gloves through Don Morton. Any opinions/reviews of the Capitol series gloves....the mortal versions not Horween?

wangs78

These seem overpriced in so far as the old Rawlings Horween gloves that DM sold go, as those were priced the same as non-Horween HOH gloves. Can certainly make the case that Horween deserves a premium but still... I guess in the current inflationary environment this is par for the course.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans

Gamer NP7, BP only 504, New NP7, New Marucci 12.75.

Definitely good Horween. REALLY stiff. More stiff than the Rawlings leather. Seriously no chance to close the glove. I can get the palm to squeeze about 1/4". I love a stiff glove so this thing is promising. Never owned a Marucci before. Mostly a Rawlings guy, but Chad and SBF got me to be non-discriminate when it comes to Horween. Love the look, leather is legit and I like the Horween patch.

A couple things out of the box I don't care for. Hand stall and wrist opening feels small even though it's laced at the widest holes. I'll definitely do the slip style lacing method on the wrist to get it opened up. The hand stall is tight compared to Rawlings. The leather is stiff so that has some to do with it, but still tight.
Didn't realize that the pinky and thumb loop were not adjustable when I looked at the pics before I bought it. Literally the first thing I do to a glove out of the box is untie the thumb and pinky loops as I don't like scrunching my fingers. Can't do it here. Dang.

This feels more like a traditional pattern than a TIP pattern. Really tight to get TIP and when I do my thumb is just barely in the thumb loop. Doesn't feel right like my thumb will slip out completely and have less control. Go traditional and it feels how a glove should.

Damn this thing smells good. 😋

Last edited:

Hallux

Gamer NP7, BP only 504, New NP7, New Marucci 12.75.

Definitely good Horween. REALLY stiff. More stiff than the Rawlings leather. Seriously no chance to close the glove. I can get the palm to squeeze about 1/4". I love a stiff glove so this thing is promising. Never owned a Marucci before. Mostly a Rawlings guy, but Chad and SBF got me to be non-discriminate when it comes to Horween. Love the look, leather is legit and I like the Horween patch.

A couple things out of the box I don't care for. Hand stall and wrist opening feels small even though it's laced at the widest holes. I'll definitely do the slip style lacing method on the wrist to get it opened up. The hand stall is tight compared to Rawlings. The leather is stiff so that has some to do with it, but still tight.
Didn't realize that the pinky and thumb loop were not adjustable when I looked at the pics before I bought it. Literally the first thing I do to a glove out of the box is untie the thumb and pinky loops as I don't like scrunching my fingers. Can't do it here. Dang.

This feels more like a traditional pattern than a TIP pattern. Really tight to get TIP and when I do my thumb is just barely in the thumb loop. Doesn't feel right like my thumb will slip out completely and have less control. Go traditional and it feels how a glove should.

Damn this thing smells good. 😋
Thank you for the review. Would you say the glove is best suited for softball than baseball and a narrow hand?

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
Thank you for the review. Would you say the glove is best suited for softball than baseball and a narrow hand?
I've gave it some pounding a a couple pre-game catches today. Pocket it really good for softball. No issues there. Just hard to get you hand in the glove. I relaced the wrist and still small. I actually rubbed the skin off of the first part of my thumb just getting my hand in and out a few times. Super small hand stall. Can't express that enough. Good pocket though.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I've gave it some pounding a a couple pre-game catches today. Pocket it really good for softball. No issues there. Just hard to get you hand in the glove. I relaced the wrist and still small. I actually rubbed the skin off of the first part of my thumb just getting my hand in and out a few times. Super small hand stall. Can't express that enough. Good pocket though.
It’s possible to open up the hand stall by loosening the heel spiral. That sounds like it would help solve your problem.

Party mafia

could you post how much does the capitol 12.75 horween wt compares to your rawlings horween gloves? thx

mlbcheung

How you finding the glove after a few weeks of working it in/using it?