Marucci Gloves AMA

GloveCowboy

Hey Everyone - long time, no talk.

I wanted to jump on here and answer any questions or discuss any topics regarding Marucci gloves. I apologize for being absent in the forums, but I am trying to change that. Anyways, I want to open this up to anything that anyone would like to discuss.

Thank you!

Eric

mv_mkv

Hey Everyone - long time, no talk.

I wanted to jump on here and answer any questions or discuss any topics regarding Marucci gloves. I apologize for being absent in the forums, but I am trying to change that. Anyways, I want to open this up to anything that anyone would like to discuss.

Thank you!

Eric
I'll start with the easy one. Anything in the works on a softball specific glove with c mod?

GloveCowboy

I'll start with the easy one. Anything in the works on a softball specific glove with c mod?

Nothing at this time. Softball hasn’t really been a subject that gets brought up very much at Marucci. This is purely speculative, but I could see Victus entering the Softball space before Marucci.

GloveCowboy

Any plans to eventually offer a more customized version where you're taking actual hand measurements like Carpenter used to do?

This is a possibility - figuring out how to scale it has always been the difficult part. But I definitely see more in depth Carpenter options down the road.

GloveCowboy

Any chance of a full Horween glove like the Easton small batches, but with the CMOD interior?

Hey, I mean if that interests enough people than for sure. I was hesitant to bring Horween to Marucci right away because I didn’t want people thinking I was just going to do the exact same stuff that I was doing at Easton. Now that some time has passed, I think introducing some Horween would be awesome.

thirdbase24

Addicted to Softballfans
Horween. Horween, horween horween horween horween horween horween. Horween horween horween horween? Horween. Horween horween horween horween horween horween horween horween, horween horween horween. Horween!

GloveCowboy

I think that tan & black Horween, split welting would be a match made in heaven with the c mod. If your looking for something unique perhaps blue Horween if available?

I like where your head is at. The only issue with Horween colors is volume. We will have to see if Marucci can sell enough to support doing more of the fun stuff in the future.

Hallux

I realize this is somewhat an older post and I did view Eric's video on the Marucci site, however, it seems every baseball glove company is playing follow the leader. They are all missing the mark. What happened to the Bob's?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I realize this is somewhat an older post and I did view Eric's video on the Marucci site, however, it seems every baseball glove company is playing follow the leader. They are all missing the mark. What happened to the Bob's?
No one is really designing new patterns (except maybe Carpenter, for Marucci). Part of that is they finally (after like 80 years of doing it) figured out how to make excellent patterns. Plus, it seems people most care about new colorways, and not new patterns.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I was in Academy Sports awhile back, there was three 11.5” gloves side by side in a row.

A Wilson A2000 1786, it was a nice glove, generic retail but I’d buy one for my kid.

A Rawlings Pro314 HOH, there was nothing at all impressive about it, pure retail nothingness. I’d never buy it with that A2000 next to it!

And a Marucci Cypress, no comparison, very nice glove, nicest of the three. If I was in the market for an 11.5” I-web glove for my kid, there’s no doubt I would have walked out with the Marucci.

BUT, the only reason I haven’t ordered a custom $200 Cypress just to try out is the lack of split welting! So Eric, if you’re still checking out this post…..split welting sir!

A $200 custom 12.25” I-web with split welting, tan laces in Mesa sounds pretty good to me!

MNCFer

Mr. Glass
BUT, the only reason I haven’t ordered a custom $200 Cypress just to try out is the lack of split welting! So Eric, if you’re still checking out this post…..split welting sir!

I'll second this. I'd order TODAY if split welting was an option.

GloveCowboy

I was in Academy Sports awhile back, there was three 11.5” gloves side by side in a row.

A Wilson A2000 1786, it was a nice glove, generic retail but I’d buy one for my kid.

A Rawlings Pro314 HOH, there was nothing at all impressive about it, pure retail nothingness. I’d never buy it with that A2000 next to it!

And a Marucci Cypress, no comparison, very nice glove, nicest of the three. If I was in the market for an 11.5” I-web glove for my kid, there’s no doubt I would have walked out with the Marucci.

A $200 custom 12.25” I-web with split welting, tan laces in Mesa sounds pretty good to me!
Ya’ll just loooove split welting! It can be added to any custom order, just DM me your Sales Order number for your custom and I will manually change the welting to split before production starts.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Ya’ll just loooove split welting! It can be added to any custom order, just DM me your Sales Order number for your custom and I will manually change the welting to split before production starts.
Very impressive, dang…does that mean I have to order a custom I really don’t need now? :D
Thank you Eric!

MNCFer

Mr. Glass

Sent a message on here. Just a quick question.