Marucci / NightShift Gloves

GloveCowboy

Here to discuss and answer questions to the best of my abilities! It’s been a while since I’ve been in the forums, so please bear with me.

I would love to start an open discussion about Marucci gloves in general to see if there are questions, comments or ideas out there.

Thanks!

GC

Committed

Good stuff with the Night Shift releases, keep it coming!

Anyone ever thought of a Hyper Color themed glove?

GloveCowboy

Good stuff with the Night Shift releases, keep it coming!

Anyone ever thought of a Hyper Color themed glove?

do you mean like a neon color? If so, it is difficult to achieve those color tones with leather and would have to be synthetic or heavily coated.

Committed

Jesus I’m old… :)
Hyper Color was a clothing in the 80s that would change color if you applied heat to the fabric.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Has Scott drawn up some new patterns? It seems like outside of Rawlings, Wilson, and Mizuno, most other companies are using pretty much the same patterns. Sometimes it seems like the factories have stock patterns in hand and anyone can order some. Perhaps we have gotten to pattern perfection and so all that is left is different colorways. In any case, I'd love to see Scott's 13.5" softball pattern come out as a Marucci glove.

GloveCowboy

Has Scott drawn up some new patterns? It seems like outside of Rawlings, Wilson, and Mizuno, most other companies are using pretty much the same patterns. Sometimes it seems like the factories have stock patterns in hand and anyone can order some. Perhaps we have gotten to pattern perfection and so all that is left is different colorways. In any case, I'd love to see Scott's 13.5" softball pattern come out as a Marucci glove.

we will have the C2 infield pattern releasing early 2022 - this is an 11.50” completely new pattern design. I think everyone who is bored of seeing the same patterns (like you said) will really enjoy this glove. Not only is it super lightweight, but the functionality of it will be totally different than what people are used to (in a good way, I hope).

you are correct about open mold pattern cutting dies at factories. A lot of small brands that don’t want to pay the large costs of creating their own patterns can use these molds and slap their logo on it.