Mayweather - McGregor

Marshenko

So...

Mayweather makes another 100 million
McGregor makes like 20 million
Mayweather gets to the magical 50-0, one better than Rocky Marciano (he beat Joe Louis's ass)

Aside from the names and the sideshow freak aspect of this, I guess my only question is... can McGregor even win a round?

PORTER

Addicted to Softballfans
McGregor gassed out in 2 rounds vs Diaz, no chance against a boxer that can go much longer. He needs to stick to fighting the little guys.

3XC

Big Truss
This is why "combat sports" are as stupid and meaningless as beauty pageants, spelling bees, "E-Sports," etc.

I'd call this a dog and pony show, but dog shows are far more legitimate than this bullshit, with less biased judges and more objective scoring criteria. It would actually insult the dogs.

I'll sooner watch dumb crap like the "CrossFit Games" or paintball or poker or other deep cable crapola than pay (what, 100 bucks) for this turdstrosity.

Mayweather is the most boring, uncharistmatic, unappealing, not worth the money fighter of all time. I'd sooner watch Prince Naseem/Kevin Kelley replays where I already know who wins than this dumb shit.

Stretch19

Grow up
win a round? in a boxing match vs Floyd? lulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hes fought actual professional boxers, who you know, box for a living and all that didnt win a round

mcgregor is going to get absolutely destroyed in a boxing match

Marshenko

Mayweather only has two KOs in the last 10 years or something like that, 12 is a distinct possibility.

3XC

Big Truss
Muhammad Ali vs. that Japanese guy that laid on the ground and wouldn't do anything but kick at Ali's legs. Thats what this is, but worse, with a cut rate Ali with 1/100th the charisma.

https://thsppl.com/the-japanese-wre...ted-muhammad-alis-leg-409928af6b2f#.3v4n5xju8

Worth mentioning that Ali landed 5 (count em) punches in 15 rounds. My Ti-83 says that is one landed punch per 3 rounds. Total circus, but will still be better than Mayweather/Anyone. Mayweather could fight a bear and it would be boring.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
this will be WWE......and staged so poorly i hope it ruins them both and they somehow lose all their money

McGregor has less of a chance in a boxing match vs. floyd than i do....

i really mean that....less of a chance

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i dont understand why people even entertain this idea

are there that many stupid moronic mma fans who will buy this?

this will be worse than Jersey Shore

3XC

Big Truss
This PPV is a tax on stupid people. They should just have McGregor and Mayweather stand in their corner and look like they're gonna start to fight, but when the bell rings they stand next to each other, look at the camera, and start laughing at the audience. Suckers. Thanks for the cash, rubes.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
that would actually be more entertaining than whatever farce they try to coordinate to make it last more than 3 minutes....

god i hate this society

this is the equivalnet of the ******* softball nerds who say Resmondo could make the MLB

Stretch19

Grow up
Mayweather only has two KOs in the last 10 years or something like that, 12 is a distinct possibility.

right, but look who hes fought...actual boxers, not an MMA fighter who isnt geared to go 12 rounds

mcgregor has gone a full 3 rounds 1 time in his career, so 1 time hes fought 15 minutes...boxing matches are what, 12, 3 minute rounds? so hes looking at more than doubling his longest effort while getting hit in the face by a dude who is so much faster than anyone hes fought, while swinging and missing over and over...yeah i doubt its going 12

Primo

fat and famous pablo
quit talking about this like it isn't staged....

1 round....1 is how long it'd go if played straight.

i wasn't joking....this will be WWE....as in actually fake. not fake fake.....real fake

Primo

fat and famous pablo
this is me taking on Shenks in a game of chess because i'm REALLY good at checkers and they both involve a board and moving pieces

3XC

Big Truss
I would rather watch you two play chess than watch Mayweather fight anyone, ever.

I can recognize someone's talent as a "defensive boxer" and recognize that boxing is in fact a sport, one that requires supreme skill and athleticism, and yet none of that counteracts the reality that Floyd Mayweather is bad for boxing. He is so incredibly, undeniably boring. He is a barbiturate in human form. He bucks the entire concept of paying money to see two men fight, because he doesn't fight. At all. He boxes. Boxer vs. Fighter, Boxer wins, if the event is held under boxing rules. Since Floyd is too boring to actually fight McGregor, which I would pay to see (Floyd would lose), this is what we get.

These two in an octagon, with nowhere for Mayweather to run, no ropes to force a reset, I think McGregor would win, and I don't think Floyd would have the ability to one punch KO McGregor while he closed. I realize some washed up tomato can knocked out Tim Sylvia a couple years ago, but they were heavyweights, and Sylvia was kind of a bum. McGregor is not a bum, and Floyd doesn't have 240 pounds of punching power.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i think that's what makes Floyd so impressive, imo.....

it takes a certain kind of genius to dance for 12 rounds and never take a chance......never really lose your cool, never try to do something else, never get mad enought to try and hurt the other guy....****, never make a mistake

he literally cared about nothign other than winning and did exactly what he could do make sure he did....pretty remarkable

Stretch19

Grow up
im guessing floyd could KO mcgregor withouth an issue using those little ass UFC gloves if they were to fight in an octagon, but floyd would never take a fight he couldnt dominate and he wouldnt dominate a fight in a cage, therefore itd never happen

3XC

Big Truss
Floyd Mayweather is lauded for being so "smart" in never taking chances. Alabama could quit the SEC and play nothing but little regional colleges and win 100 games in a row. It would be utterly meaningless. That is what Mayweather and his insufferable fans don't understand. By never, ever taking risks, by never being truly challenged, by avoiding any sort of fight that could be construed as a "rivalry", he didn't cement his legacy. He ruined it. Waiting til Pacquiao was shot to take a fight is the most bitchmade move imaginable. He should have fought Pacquiao in 2009. He fought an old and shot De La Hoya, a shot Mosely, and ducked Pacquiao for 5 years.

The North Remembers.

3XC

Big Truss
What is Mayweather's signature win? I guess when he beat up his wife, since he had to stop boxing and go to prison for that.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i dont disagree w/ you......but it supports my argument even more, if we're only discussing his ability to only win at all costs

he cherry picked his fights....i've gone on record numerous times stating he's a paper champ even though he's still one of the greatest ever

never caved to all the criticism.....

guy hit a single every single AB of his life and never even tried to hit a hr...he didn't care enough. it didn't bother him.

seriously....i dont admire how he went about it....i admire the fact he stayed that course regardless of anything