Mayweather - McGregor

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
I hate Floyd But he is a True Boxer... why try to land Haymakers when you cant, yeah he doesnt Knock people out but he gave up 20lbs on Connor... and As McGregor fans Why would you want it to go 12 rounds? Connor could barely stand and throw a Solid punch let alone a Combo to beat Floyd? McGregor won 100 mil so sorry your Biggest UFC Star had to come to Boxing to get a Big time Paycheck. The reason Floyd can make this money is Because he Is an Entertainer and a Boxer, he doesnt Pick fights he has Hasitations he may Loose he is 49-0 and 1-0 in Exhibition. Connor Did Amazing but he would be Destroyed by any of the Non 40yr old Boxing Champs. If Connor had gone another 2 rounds hes looking at probably another 30 Meaningful Headshots.... why do you want to damage your Brightest Star fights are called for Fighters Safety. Also No Hammer Fist and boxing is about moving your head so dont start with the Mayweather kept Ducking..... yeah Hence the reason He is 40 and still undefeated

All that said, you would have thought McGregor would have been the one to turn his back on the opponent during the fight. Mayweather got turned around several times, which is a credit to McGregor's skill and gameplan. McGregor had that man confused. If McGregor did not gas, that was his fight.

However, you cannot develop the stamina for a 12 round fight in a handful of months. Even pros start their career with 4 round fights.

Kernsoftball

All that said, you would have thought McGregor would have been the one to turn his back on the opponent during the fight. Mayweather got turned around several times, which is a credit to McGregor's skill and gameplan. McGregor had that man confused. If McGregor did not gas, that was his fight.

However, you cannot develop the stamina for a 12 round fight in a handful of months. Even pros start their career with 4 round fights.

You mean each time he got behind Mayweather and i swore he was going to throw Mayweather but getting behind your oppenent in boxing will never win you a Match. Yeah and also trying to get behind him wasted So much energy and got him no where. All mayweather knew he had to do was cover the Brainstem and turn or it would be broken up. Movement is 1 thing but conserving energy in movements is key, watch Vasily Lamincheco he moves but his movements are percise and effortless

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
You mean each time he got behind Mayweather and i swore he was going to throw Mayweather but getting behind your oppenent in boxing will never win you a Match. Yeah and also trying to get behind him wasted So much energy and got him no where. All mayweather knew he had to do was cover the Brainstem and turn or it would be broken up. Movement is 1 thing but conserving energy in movements is key, watch Vasily Lamincheco he moves but his movements are percise and effortless

Nevertheless, it is a credit to him attacking from and creating angles. As you know, attacking from angles is a key to being a successful boxer. He was peppering him with short punches from all angles. Mayweather could not read his punches because there was no telegraphing. Awkward but effective.

Before the fight, I truly thought Mcgregor would land zero meaningful punches. He did better than Pacman would have. Pac comes straight in and gets eaten up on the way in. Mcgregor finally did get owned, but fatigue is what beat him. If fatigue does not set in, Mcgregor's plan was superior to Mayweather's plan.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
To be clear, I am obviously not talking about prime Pac nor prime Mayweather.

Went to Sherdog and pulled this nugget. Rogan states it well, Mcgregor has an endurance problem. I still say his strategy was solid. Rogan states the endurance problem at 6 minutes. He gasses way too easily.

Last edited:

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Nevertheless, it is a credit to him attacking from and creating angles. As you know, attacking from angles is a key to being a successful boxer. He was peppering him with short punches from all angles. Mayweather could not read his punches because there was no telegraphing. Awkward but effective.

Before the fight, I truly thought Mcgregor would land zero meaningful punches. He did better than Pacman would have. Pac comes straight in and gets eaten up on the way in. Mcgregor finally did get owned, but fatigue is what beat him. If fatigue does not set in, Mcgregor's plan was superior to Mayweather's plan.

I'm not sure that's correct or even fair....

McGregor knew what May was going to do.....he has hundreds of hours of film.

May did nothing early because he knew nothing. No film, no tendencies, nothing.....walking out to a gameplan on a guy you've never seen fight

Same concept as why young hitters and pitchers do well very very early as no one knows their game

I'd like to see another fight....itd end the same way but after Mays team has had a chance to dissect McGregor

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
Valid argument. As I think more about it, May's strategy was almost 100% certain to be effective given McGregor's history of gassing AND he only had 2-3 months to prepare for 12 rounds. It just bothered me that if plan A would have fallen through, there was really no plan B because he would have been digging out of a big hole. Perhaps a plan B was not even needed given the circumstances.

Morris

The Rookie
Floyd let him gas, that's why he was laughing his nuts off in between rounds. Everyone saw that coming.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Valid argument. As I think more about it, May's strategy was almost 100% certain to be effective given McGregor's history of gassing AND he only had 2-3 months to prepare for 12 rounds. It just bothered me that if plan A would have fallen through, there was really no plan B because he would have been digging out of a big hole. Perhaps a plan B was not even needed given the circumstances.

I get it...but plan b was out box a guy whod never boxed professionally before.

He did what he always does..he gave hself the best chance to win but even toe to toe, middle of the ring, hagler Leonard type ****, may out classes him.....it just wasn't the higher % game plan

This is the softball baseball argument all over again......theoreticslly, Connell can take Kershaw deep....as in he physically has arms and swings a bat.....be he never would....ever

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Hitting gloves isn't tagging.....

Granted, I was drunk but maybe a handful of meaningful punches

But in your defense, he absolutely looked more the part than anyone thought he would

Morris

The Rookie
Mayweather was never in any trouble though. Watch the slow mo's that are out there. Something fishy with mcgregors punches. He didn't follow through with any of them outside of the uppercut.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
Mcgregor's punches are exceptionally short, granted. He trades power for accuracy and a quicker punch that is hard to read. He aims for chin and not face. However, I do think that strategy works with 4 ounce gloves, maybe not 8 ounce.

I would agree that May was never seriously hurt except when he was acting weird after a body blow. I will also say May doe not like to get hit. He really turned it on after he sensed McGregors fatigue.

Also I agree with Primo that May has the tools to win a Hagler Hearns type fight. However, I do not think he has a Hagler Hearns mentality. Dude hates being hit.

chacha15

rec chip
41859067_324062735062750_2895333948245356502_n.jpg

dunkky

a clown at its best. that dude needs to see a psychiatrist. act like he is a young mike tyson.. lol.