Me or the glove?

SaucyJack

this is a fact.

SD quality == running on heels. HD quality == running on toes. U can try it and see for yourself.

Excellent tip! I took another ball off my forearm on another occasion. I remember running and it felt like my brain was rattling. Couldn't get a good eye on the ball whatsoever.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm 52. It was about 40 when tracking a ball at full tilt started to get harder ("when did the ball start jumping around so much as I ran?"). By age 48 hot grounders started getting tough. Some guy's eyes last longer than others, but they all head south eventually. And it's much worse under the lights.

SaucyJack

I'm 52. It was about 40 when tracking a ball at full tilt started to get harder ("when did the ball start jumping around so much as I ran?"). By age 48 hot grounders started getting tough. Some guy's eyes last longer than others, but they all head south eventually. And it's much worse under the lights.

Might be a combination of old eyes and running on my heels. lol...

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Good idea. I am getting older just turned 38. I know the drinking doesn’t help, but had some drops during a day company tourney and I didn’t have a drop. Could be the eyes.
At 38 you're not old yet imo i think you're getting into your own head..

Running on your heels is probably a contributing factor.. try running down the balls with mouth open.. i started playing outfield again this year in senior ball (yes im almost 20 years older than you) but i had dropped a couple that hit my glove (yes its is frustrating at any age) this older gentleman that runs the team suggested that i try runiung with mouth open as we do tend to run on heels as we age and our head/eyes are all over so i have been doing so since he mentioned it and it seems to have help quite a bit, i haven't dropped one since

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Good one. I haven’t thought about that one. But im a runner and normally run on my toes. Need to think this one out.

A lot of people run on the balls of their feet when they're cruising but start heel-striking when they break into a full sprint without realizing it.

defos

At 38 you're not old yet imo i think you're getting into your own head..

This. I'm 64, still playing 3rd with and against the younger guys. I played SS through my late 50s, and even at that I think I cheated myself and my teammates out of 2-3 years of playing my best because I let my age get in my head rather than just play all out like I could have. I covered a lot of ground as a SS, and had one of my best defensive years at age 52.

r8dr_rider

This. I'm 64, still playing 3rd with and against the younger guys. I played SS through my late 50s, and even at that I think I cheated myself and my teammates out of 2-3 years of playing my best because I let my age get in my head rather than just play all out like I could have. I covered a lot of ground as a SS, and had one of my best defensive years at age 52.
Nice! Maybe I should start playing SS again. Everyone on my team is a damn OF’r and don’t wanna play IF