Middleton WI Snowball Tourney Jan. 17-18

Toad_1

I can't hit
The roster has been updated (post #1 and #6)

If I don't receive confirmations from a few of the remaining players, the roster may have new openings. I'll keep you all posted and hope to hear about game times soon.

Hopefully sometime later this week I'll work on positioning and batting order so that it can be adjusted prior to game time. Nothing worse than confusion and resentment just before a tourney. :eek:

Thank you all for your contribution to this thread and to the team. Look forward to seeing new teammates and the competition in a few weeks.

Toad_1

I can't hit
Screw it..... I'm in.

Welcome to the team, again, Benny. With your hitting would you rather hit it #1 or in the #3 spot. And yes those are your only two options. :) Would you want to play Right Center? Or other?

Kweez

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks. I really don't have a preference. Whatever you feel is best for the team.

Toad_1

I can't hit
Okay fellas, below ( and in post #1 ) you will find the preliminary roster--batting order and positions listed.

Roster

Batting order - Name - Position

1. *Kyle (Kevin's son) Short Stop
2. *Jon (johnny darter) Left Center
3. *Benny (Kweez) Right Center
4. *Blue (the Team Legend) DH/Rotation
5. *Jason (Janesville Bulldog) Second
6. *Chad (recleaguer83) Right
7. *Kevin (aka. Nitschke) First
8. *Rich (league teammate) Third
9. *Joe (Big$exy69) Pitcher
10. *Andrew (Bulldogs#27) Middle Infield/Rover
11. *Ben (Toad_1) Left

*Confirmed "Yes" as playing

Please feel free to make suggestions or comments as I want this to be a competitive roster. I'm game for change and am willing to accommodate those whom prefer a more comfortable spot.

Last edited:

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
What's the preferred weapon of choice. I have a salvo I'd like to break so will bring that. Also have a couple tank combats I could bring

jpjedi27

Too Old to Play
Should not matter. 250' center, 225/230 in the corners with rock hard balls. If theres snow and u don't lift it either skips on the flattened snow, hops and dies on the foot prints or gets lost in the snow drift. Salvos are good to use . See a lot of stealths and mayhems as well. Mikens, Demarini, & anything that says synergy is not allowed.

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
i just PM'd you Ben...I am available if needed but I don't mind staying home if you have enough guys
i am best in the OF and please never pitch/catch ;) - don't care where i hit

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
Ben make sure you let me know when you guys play so I can let Kevin know. And I would still like to come down Sunday so make sure you win a game or 2 on Saturday :)

Kweez

Addicted to Softballfans
Blue called me and said he is interested in playing if you have a spot for him. Let me know...

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm sure they would love to have Blue playing again. Even though I can't be there I'm gonna go ahead and say yes bring him along

Toad_1

I can't hit
i just PM'd you Ben...I am available if needed but I don't mind staying home if you have enough guys
i am best in the OF and please never pitch/catch ;) - don't care where i hit

Hey Jeremy, I just sent you a text. Maybe you can make it down to play next year, but our roster is getting damn full and I'd hate for you to travel such a distance for possibly just two games. Thank you again for your communication and willingness to participate.

Ben make sure you let me know when you guys play so I can let Kevin know. And I would still like to come down Sunday so make sure you win a game or 2 on Saturday :)

Yeah, Terry hasn't contacted me yet with the details. It'll be like last year where nothing was known until Wed. the week of...

And we better win at least one game if you want to play on Sun.

Blue called me and said he is interested in playing if you have a spot for him. Let me know...

I thought you guys are a package deal. Of course he's welcome. :D Blue can rotate in or just DH if he so wishes. Now I know whom the 4th batter will be. "Clear them bases Blue."

I'm sure they would love to have Blue playing again. Even though I can't be there I'm gonna go ahead and say yes bring him along

Between Bennie and Blue the talent and fun factor just went through the roof. Too much fun.

Toad_1

I can't hit
The roster has changes and is now updated.

Please keep me informed of any discrepancies or changes that could be made to make the lineup the most competitive. :eek:

Kleinjohnson

Swinger... NOT collector
What are the chances that the idiot running the tournament keeps games going later than 5 oclock on Saturday so that there is less interference with the Packer game on Sunday?

AJ22

Super Moderator
What are the chances that the idiot running the tournament keeps games going later than 5 oclock on Saturday so that there is less interference with the Packer game on Sunday?

If you are playing Sunday and you do not lose right away in the morning on Sunday, odds are interference of the Packer game will definitely happen.

Toad_1

I can't hit
GAME TIMES:

Game Times for the Fuzzy Ducks
First Game: Saturday @ Noon
Win: ?
Lose: ?

Last edited:

jlemmer24

Addicted to Softballfans
Klein - I asked the clown who runs the trny same question last year and his reason why he doesnt play past 5 pm on Sat is cause people drink during the day on Saturday.
And by looking at game times hes not playing past 5 again this year..

Toad_1

I can't hit
ALERT: 1st Game Time Change

The first game for the Fuzzy Ducks is now scheduled for:
Saturday at Noon.
Next game...? Terry doesn't know yet.

It seems he missed an entered/payed team and has now changed the schedule. We are receiving a bye and then play the winner of Tony Franks vs. East Point at noon, Saturday. Who knows if that will change again. Please stand by...

Last edited:

Kleinjohnson

Swinger... NOT collector
Klein - I asked the clown who runs the trny same question last year and his reason why he doesnt play past 5 pm on Sat is cause people drink during the day on Saturday.

Yeah I've heard him say that before too. That is so ****ing stupid. Hundreds of tournaments run a year, nobody but him does that but him and we're all still alive. I'm furious just thinking about the stupidity. it has to be that it costs more for him to use the lights and he just doesn't want to say it

Kweez

Addicted to Softballfans

People drink during the day? What kinda answer is that???

AJ22

Super Moderator
The real answer is he doesn't like using the lights ... and from I heard, if there are games past 5 it wouldn't be much later than 5.

I like how the guy who runs the tournament is a clown (not disagreeing) ... yet he seems to get teams and we still play in the snow. Sometimes, we are playing in below zero conditions. I ask, who are the 'real clowns'?

Best of luck to all playing ... be safe.

Kleinjohnson

Swinger... NOT collector
Lemmer, you should run a snowball tournament on the same weekend and invite all the same teams. Other than his local teams that get hooked up on their draw, I bet the majority of teams would rather play in a properly run event

Toad_1

I can't hit
Lemmer, you should run a snowball tournament on the same weekend and invite all the same teams. Other than his local teams that get hooked up on their draw, I bet the majority of teams would rather play in a properly run event

I second this Jesse.

It would also be nice not to hear the complaining from local teams saying the competition from outside the area is too good, taking away the 'fun'. Seems local teams are tired of losing. Have an upper and lower if that would be better. But why? It's snowball. Sheesh! :wtf2:

AJ22

Super Moderator

Disagree ..

Unless you can find 4 fields that are less than 250' fences, no chance of getting more than say 8 teams.

Its all about the 251' bombs and being able to play within a few hours of your last game. :)

How many teams are in this year ? Usually 25-32 teams.