Middleton (WI) snowball tourney

UWmad

Addicted to Softballfans
We need what's-his-name from Arpin to bring some chili to this! The cheese sticks/bars were a good compliment as well. Get on that Shawn!

Toad_1

I can't hit
Here you are fella, pictures of the facility: (conditions as of 2pm this afternoon) -- I believe our first game is on diamond D

Toad_1

I can't hit
The fields look in good shape. There is a one inch layer of packing snow, followed by a crust layer and then five to six inches of soft snow.

Then again it did rain for a short bit and snowed another half inch since 2pm. Suppose to snow again before the tourney starts.

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
Team count is down this year. Saw on FB that they have 27 teams down from the mid 30 something that they had last year

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
wish i could play again this year its always a fun time - enjoy those lube tubes im jealous

go fuzzy ducks lol

Kweez

Addicted to Softballfans
Fortunately (or "unfortunately" depending on your point of view) we get to play on Sunday. Yea.... :/

WarHorse

Star Player
We just needed to find our groove. Just remember what the 7th inning felt like tomorrow for all innings and if we can put up those numbers again we'll be in great shape.

AJ22

Super Moderator
1. - SIR BUKS
2. - COMOTOSE
3. - WEDDELL CONST.
4. - WANDOS
5&6 - Q&T and THIRSTY RHINO

Some high scoring games today. Comotose forfeited in the Championship.

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
1. - SIR BUKS
2. - COMOTOSE
3. - WEDDELL CONST.
4. - WANDOS
5&6 - Q&T and THIRSTY RHINO

Did they forfeit by their own choice or were there issues again?

Toad_1

I can't hit
Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone whom participated for the Fuzzy Ducks. Even though we didn't achieve the goal of playing well into Sunday, a lot of fun was had.

It was great to meet some new bros and to enjoy some games along the way. Hope everyone continues to improve throughout next year and will come back to try it again. Team chemistry would be of importance--something that has been missing for a looooong time now.

Stay in touch and we'll be seeing each other on the fields real soon.

Thanks again ya'll.

AJ22

Super Moderator
Did they forfeit by their own choice or were there issues again?

We were willing to play ... no issues that I was aware of besides being a long weekend. All their players were there. And they picked up Travis Clark. They were hitting a lot of bombs on Sunday. Their 1st two games on Sunday were close with them trailing to Spiderz by 12ish mid-game? Travis hit a walk off to win. Comotose then beat Thirsty Rhino 19-14? Their next 2 games they put up 50 and 40 runs (give or take).

jlemmer24

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes we did not play the final game as the difference in pay was a whopping $50. No issues all weekend. Yes we had a guy booted and then trny director listened to butt hurt ump and said 1 of our guys threathened him. Yes I spelt that word wrong.... And as we were talking to Terry a guy from the crowd told him yes I was yelling having fun. It is what it is. It was fun yesterday to get an ump who isnt 100 and understands what the pitch heights are.. If you want to make the trny unlimited say it. Dont have umps when you ask them a question get all bent out of shape and say "Im not calling anything high" Its a fun weekend of drinking for sure. Congrats to Sir Popes - whoops I mean Sir Buks for being the undefeated team and taking home Gail Myers first ever snowball championship!!! HAhaahaha

BatBoy25

350 IS NOT A BOMB
1. - SIR BUKS
2. - COMOTOSE
3. - WEDDELL CONST.
4. - WANDOS
5.- Simers

Fixed it for ya...congtrats AJ even though u put our bats to sleep Sunday morning

chedched

Coach
I'd like to day thanks to all the guys for letting me play on Sunday. I'd like to play for the entire tourney next year. It was nice to meet you guys. I'm Colby for anyone who doesn't know.

Toad_1

I can't hit
I'd like to day thanks to all the guys for letting me play on Sunday. I'd like to play for the entire tourney next year. It was nice to meet you guys. I'm Colby for anyone who doesn't know.

Colby, it was nice to have you aboard on Sunday. I hope to see you around the fields in the Madison area.

A big shout out to Blue as well. He was surprisingly quick behind the plate. Having him there on Saturday was a big help.

And congrats to the teams that placed in the top five. Seeing fellas that I've either played with or against in the past achieve success on the field is a great thing to see. Wished I could have stayed longer on Sunday to watch.

chedched

Coach
I don't play much MSCR. I play mainly in Stoughton and it sounds like possibly Sun Prairie with WarHorse. I'm am really interested in more tourney play. Keep me on your lists gentlemen...