Miken Ultra II. Call it out?

vitek18

Addicted to Softballfans
Call it out like the rules say. I'm sure all you have to do is call out right after someone uses it or wait til they step into the box with it either way its ez

Rmc1981

Addicted to Softballfans
For me it would depend on the type of league it is. Friendly or cutthroat.

If it is a friendly league with everyone getting along I would tell the ump before the game with all you backup material.

If it is a cutthroat league then I would wait till the first hit then call them on it which would be an out and whatever penalty your league has for illegal bat. Seeing it is the last game a suspension wouldn't mean much unless it carries into the next season.

^^^^This is what I do. Most of the time, they know it's an illegal bat. We get PLENTY of warnings from our LD before season and at manager's meetings etc. If they come up, let em hit and then call it out. Don't hesitate and don't feel bad.

That's just my 2 cents. Cheaters will cheat, but if you're dumb enough to swing an ultra in ASA, you deserve the penalty.

quick23

I called out an Utrip Stealth being used in a CoEd game. I waited until they batter got a hit with it, called time and asked the ump to please check it the bat for an ASA stamp. It was a team that we always got into it with. I didnt feel bad one bit. Player and manager got suspended for one week in all leagues at the complex.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Coed is guys and girls....And the guys swing those as well. We played coed in our town and a team kept bringing USSSA bats out even after they knew that they were illegal. We had to get league director involved. My daughter was playing second base and guys were swinging Syn+ at her. Sorry, I had to call them out. And I could care less if it was just the girls swinging it......but it was not. They were then trying to call out all of our ASA stamped bats. Pretty stupid for a coed rec league.

I have some ASA Stamped Ultra II's that I know I could use because some of our umps are that ignorant, but I choose to follow the rules.

x25

Addicted to Softballfans
surprised so many of you are this worried about what a girl is swinging...wgaf

Some people don't play with ****ty girls - and I've never seen a bat that's too hot for the league on the fence and no guys pick it up. It's never just the girls.

x25

Addicted to Softballfans
well all he said was all of the girls were

It's definitely phrased awkwardly ... I took it as "I noticed all the girls were hitting it hard ... then I noticed everyone of their players was hitting the U2." But he could have meant just the girls, or something else entirely. Might be my bad.

Regardless though, the point stands: I've never seen guys pass over an illegal bat on the rack so that 'only' the women can use it.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
In ASA, option 2 should result in an ejection, depending on how closely the league/umpires adhere to the official rulebook ... without an additional dude to take his spot, it could also mean a forfeit. I'm certain :)rolleyes:) you don't want to win like that, so it might be better to bring the "Non-Approved with Stamps" printout, and talk to them before.

If you don't give a **** about how you win, though, yep - wait til it hits the batter's box.

In our ASA league player and manager gets ejected for bringing an illegal bat to plate.....if the player is the manager then gets pantsed too :eek:

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
I second the above,, I would not want to play infield with any of my girls using an Ultra II. Girls or guys, illegal bat is an illegal bat, its that simple. Theres a girl in my co-ed league that hits 10 homers per season,,, her using an Ultra II would hurt someone bad.

frdvschvy

Addicted to Softballfans
I had an interesting chat with the league Director tonight. Turns out the girls are allowed to swing ANY bat. So my only choice is to fight fire with fire. Some of our girls are going to be straight SCARY with an Ultra II in their hands but I won't feel bad if the other team is swinging the same thing. Thanks to Hall Sports we will have a new Ultra II in the dugout for our Monday game. Should be just enough time to get 100 - 150 cuts on it before the game. :D

x25

Addicted to Softballfans
I had an interesting chat with the league Director tonight. Turns out the girls are allowed to swing ANY bat. So my only choice is to fight fire with fire. Some of our girls are going to be straight SCARY with an Ultra II in their hands but I won't feel bad if the other team is swinging the same thing. Thanks to Hall Sports we will have a new Ultra II in the dugout for our Monday game. Should be just enough time to get 100 - 150 cuts on it before the game. :D

I would do exactly the same in your position ... but this is a TERRIBLE rule. And not only because it's borderline insulting to women on the whole ... Jesus.

quick23

Get a Reebok Legend or Yellow Combat Senior, those are straight fire... Ultras just don't last.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
I can't imagine too many folks showing up with an Ultra II without realizing that they're not legal just about anywhere.

i would go with 1 and 2,let the ump know before hand,and if they bring out then jump them....some people think it is ok to cheat to win,*******s:rolleyes:

late

Addicted to Softballfans
Couple seasons ago in the playoffs of a co-ed league, dude pulled out a combat lady virus. We backed our infield to the grass and let him hit it (he hit it out easily), then showed the ump. Bat and the player were tossed.

Until they swing it, they technically haven't done anything wrong (no rule against having an ultra II or whatever just leaning against the fence, or even taking warm-up swings with it before your at-bat).

LeftBench

Addicted to Softballfans
Eghhhhhhhh.......cmon meng....your from socal.....get one and swing one too.....there is no bitching out here.....just even the playing field :)......we dont cry like the other states do.......we are not in colorado

frdvschvy

Addicted to Softballfans
Eghhhhhhhh.......cmon meng....your from socal.....get one and swing one too.....there is no bitching out here.....just even the playing field :)......we dont cry like the other states do.......we are not in colorado

Done and done. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow lol.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Couple seasons ago in the playoffs of a co-ed league, dude pulled out a combat lady virus. We backed our infield to the grass and let him hit it (he hit it out easily), then showed the ump. Bat and the player were tossed.

Until they swing it, they technically haven't done anything wrong (no rule against having an ultra II or whatever just leaning against the fence, or even taking warm-up swings with it before your at-bat).

Not sure about other association, but in ASA, all you have to do is step into the batter's box with the non-approved or illegal bat. You don't need to swing to be tossed.