Military Worlds

JBT2020

The Veteran
Can anyone clarify something for me. I heard that depending on how many retired and DOD players you have would determine what class you play in for worlds. We are going to play B and I have two retired and one DOD on my team.

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
Retired can either play for their home state or base they retired from. Anything other than that, you have to play "A".

This is what it used to be before the turnover with Roger.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
Players can only play in one level of play for one...(can't play on more than one team, exception being CoEd, Over 40s) Ref. Sec. 4. "For Men’s Teams participating in the Military World Tournament, Players may participate in only one (1) division of play Varsity “A”, Varsity “B”, or Intramural."

Appears you can have unlimited (well, really 20) Retirees (aren't roster limits set to 20?)

All players have to be from that installation or within 120 miles (120 miles rule for Guard/Reservists)...(for Varsity B). Exceptions for those players whom do not have a team at their current location. They can request approval from the National Director to play for their previous team. Ref Sec.5. "Men’s teams with players from more than one installation MUST play in the Men’s Varsity A Division." Ref Sec.5.A.2.d. "Players who competed on a Men’s Varsity B but have been transferred to a base which does not have a team may request a waiver from the USSSA National Military Program Director to play for their former team for a period of one year from the date of transfer."

From Sec. 3. "Retired military personnel and retired Department of Defense civilians are eligible to play with a team from the state where they retired or a team from the state of their permanent address."

JBT2020

The Veteran
So from what I gathered my two retired from our base and my one DOD who works on our base are good to play B with us

lanikeas

O2BSURFN
Jtb2020

You continue to ask about rules for the B program. To answer any questions you can contact one of the Directors (Dustin Roberts, [email protected] or Jeff Jackson [email protected]) OR go to USSSA.com, click the Rules and Legal Info tab and then look under Additional Rules not found in USSSA Rule Book for the Military Program.

Here is a clip from the USSSA site!

Men’s Varsity B rosters must provide the following documents:
a. Guard and reservists must provide documentation showing they are assigned to an armory and/or unit within 120 miles of the military installation or command they are competing for. Guard and reservists outside 120 miles must get the permission of the USSSA Military National Director.
b. Active duty reservists must provide a copy of PCS orders with Military ID at registration, which places them at current military installation or command.
c. All other eligible players including retirees, DoD contractors (which must provide DoD Common Access Card with green bar) and dependents must show proof of ID and residency from the
Effective 1/22/2015
state/local region they are playing in to prove eligibility. Men’s Varsity B teams are limited to one (1) contractor and one (1) player who possesses a DD214 with an honorable discharge.
d. Players who competed on a Men’s Varsity B but have been transferred to a base which does not have a team may request a waiver from the USSSA National Military Program Director to play for their former team for a period of one year from the date of transfer.
e. Men’s teams that cannot provide player eligibility documents will be removed from the Varsity B program.
f. Exception: Any player receiving PCS orders within 45 days of the USSSA Military World Tournament can request an exception from the USSSA National Military Program Director.

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
If the Band-Aid is getting 11 A teams out to play, hopefully worlds should be the same or even more. I know Govt issue/NotForgotten and Wounded Warrior Athletics will be out there as a minimum.

JBT2020

The Veteran
You continue to ask about rules for the B program. To answer any questions you can contact one of the Directors (Dustin Roberts, [email protected] or Jeff Jackson [email protected]) OR go to USSSA.com, click the Rules and Legal Info tab and then look under Additional Rules not found in USSSA Rule Book for the Military Program.

Here is a clip from the USSSA site!

Men’s Varsity B rosters must provide the following documents:
a. Guard and reservists must provide documentation showing they are assigned to an armory and/or unit within 120 miles of the military installation or command they are competing for. Guard and reservists outside 120 miles must get the permission of the USSSA Military National Director.
b. Active duty reservists must provide a copy of PCS orders with Military ID at registration, which places them at current military installation or command.
c. All other eligible players including retirees, DoD contractors (which must provide DoD Common Access Card with green bar) and dependents must show proof of ID and residency from the
Effective 1/22/2015
state/local region they are playing in to prove eligibility. Men’s Varsity B teams are limited to one (1) contractor and one (1) player who possesses a DD214 with an honorable discharge.
d. Players who competed on a Men’s Varsity B but have been transferred to a base which does not have a team may request a waiver from the USSSA National Military Program Director to play for their former team for a period of one year from the date of transfer.
e. Men’s teams that cannot provide player eligibility documents will be removed from the Varsity B program.
f. Exception: Any player receiving PCS orders within 45 days of the USSSA Military World Tournament can request an exception from the USSSA National Military Program Director.

Yes I continue to ask question because I know there are people on here with the answers, this is my first go around for this so I wanted to get all of my questions answered. And wouldn't you know it, YOU knew the answer!!! THANKS

lanikeas

O2BSURFN
Yes I continue to ask question because I know there are people on here with the answers, this is my first go around for this so I wanted to get all of my questions answered. And wouldn't you know it, YOU knew the answer!!! THANKS

I gotcha...just be careful. There are a lot of smart people on here, but smart or not the correct answers regarding USSSA rules will come from USSSA, not keyboard heroes on an internet forum.

Big Al#55

Photographer
Rosters were frozen today, were about about a month out. Should be some great battles this year. Looking at rosters a lot of teams have picked up some very good ball players. Let the chatter begin!!

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
Which teams are signed up for World's already or planning to go?

MIL VAR A:
1. Government Issue (California)

MIL VAR B:
1. Kirtland AFB (Nuevo Mexico)
2. Team Bavaria (Germany in da' house)
3. Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst (New Jersey)

Last edited:

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
Taken from the Facebook Military USSSA softball page:

Varsity A (15)

SEMPER DC
THE BROTHERHOOD AL
LEGION FL
JNJ FL
CRUSH FL
GI/GTS/VOR CA
NOT FORGOTTEN/EASTON MD
WDMS NC
LIL ENGINES TX
4TF/JBLM WA
TEAM HOOD TX
PTSD TX
SOCO CO
SWING KINGS VA
WOUNDED WARRIOR ATHLETICS/LEATHERNECKS NV

Varsity B (42)

SHEPPARD AFB TX
UNTOUCHABLES (KIRTLAND AFB) NM
TEAM BAVARIA GE
TEAM BENNING GA
COMMANDOS FL
DOCS FL
MOODY GA
KMA GA
FT GORDON GA
BARKSDALE AFB LA
NOTFORGOTTEN/EASTON MD
TEAM LEGIT VA
1790/CA SPORTS MD
DYESS AFB TX
WALK OFF SPORTS AZ
HURRICANES FL
SONS OF PITCHES FL
COMMANDOS RELOADED FL
KEESLER AFB MS
SHOT CALLERS KY
BTA NC
TEAM BRAGG/WDMS NC
SOLSTICE BOMBERS AK
LOCOS SC
JSBA-LACKLAND WARHAWKS TX
IRON SOLDIERS (FT BLISS) TX
TEAM CORPUS TX
JBSA-RANDOLPH RAMBLERS TX
McCONNELL KS
GOOD WOOD NC
PETERSON AFB CO
GOODFELLOW AFB TX
INVASION LATINA TX
NC ARMED FORCES NC
NOT FORGOTTEN IL IL
MDL NJ
TAMPA THUNDER FL
ROBINS AFB GA
TEAM STENNIS WA
AFTERSHOCK/TRAVIS AFB CA
SOB CO
WARRIORS MD

Intramural (25)

WDMS LA
WDMS MAFIA LA
ORGANIZED CHAOS VA
RUGGED MISFITS GA
1ST COMMAND DE
NOTFORGOTTEN/EASTON MD
WTP FL
TEAM COAST GUARD/MOTIV8 FL
FT BENNING BOMBERS GA
MASS GA
BAMA HEAT AL
DESERT EAGLES FL
TEAM SUPREME FL
FORT SAM RANGERS TX
SPACE COAST SHARKS FL
ALLEGIANCE FL
MID SOUTH STORM TN
LACKLAND TX
GOOD WOOD NC
ALBANY MISFITS GA
REDLEGS CO
FORT MEADE PATRIOTS MD
WP SCHOOLHOUSE OH
SONS OF PICHES GA
IBU TX

Womens (15)

FORT BENNING GA
CAUGHT LOOKING FL
KENTUCKY BALLERS KY
MOODY AFB GA
BOSS NC
LADY WARHAWKS TX
LADY CODE RED NC
AHH SITUATION FL
TAMPA LADY THUNDER FL
TEAM BLISS TX
STACKED NC
SYNERGY MD
BAMA DREAM AL
LOA GA
DSCR VA

Over 40 (12)

WDMS MUL
USAF ALUMNI MUL
NOTFORGOTTEN/EASTON MD
OLD CORPS VA
TEXAS GI-40 TX
CRISIS CA
TEAM HOOD 40'S TX
SOP NM
OUTKAST VA
DOCS FL
ROBBINS AFB GA
COMMANDOS FL

COED (7)

NOTFORGOTTEN/EASTON MD
LACKLAND TX
BATS ON TAP NC
SPACECOAST SOFTBALL FL
KY BALLERS/SHOT CALLERS KY
MD/VA TEAM MD
BAMA AL

That's a LOT of frigin teams!

Last edited:

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
Great to see our military program is still going strong. I look forward to seeing old friends and teammates.
DK

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
I can tell you right now that NOTFORGOTTEN from Holloman, New Mexico will not be going so that's actually 43 teams for Varsity B

gunz21

Addicted to Softballfans
The heat us on

One of my boys is in Georgia, he said it was 100 degrees there yesterday...

WIGGS22

Addicted to Softballfans
its been hot all over the south. Heat index here in Panama City today is well over 100....