Military Worlds

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Some of us GI guys will be there Wednesday night. BUt mostly Thursday. ill be staying at the Days Inn, Ft. Benning. And with that heat, glad I played in Phoenix for almost 9 years. 115 degrees during the day and 100 at night got me prepared for almost anything

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Still nobody answered my question earlier...im assuming there isn't any Icebreaker this year. Nobody has a good meeting place for this area. Never been there

BigPhatJam

Star Player
Worlds

No icebreaker but hey Buffalo Wild Wings is always fun and good to meet up at the night before worlds and I was at Benning for 3 years and there are a lot of places to eat and things to do. Good Luck have fun

kldaugherty65

Kosair Charities
I believe they are having an ice breaker according to Jeff. At South Commons maybe.

I'm flying down Thursday and staying at the Double Tree.

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Still nobody answered my question earlier...im assuming there isn't any Icebreaker this year. Nobody has a good meeting place for this area. Never been there

Best meeting area is the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express for beers and Corn Hole. Just ask Josh Wiggs!!!

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year but am very interested to understand how things go at the new location. Is the plan still for the A to only be played at the stadium field? Looks like there has been some roster shifts this year, should make for an interesting tourney. Good luck to everyone and have a frosty one for me! Maybe I'll make it out next year.

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
Staying at the Best Western. We should just pick a place and time and do an Ice Breaker Thursday night or even start Wednesday night since some of us will be playing Thursday in the 40+ and Coed.

Hondell

lanikeas

O2BSURFN
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year but am very interested to understand how things go at the new location. Is the plan still for the A to only be played at the stadium field? Looks like there has been some roster shifts this year, should make for an interesting tourney. Good luck to everyone and have a frosty one for me! Maybe I'll make it out next year.

Stadium has 3 fields...although only one is technically inside the stadium. Word is that A will be played on those 3 fields.

WIGGS22

Addicted to Softballfans
Varsity A will be played on the minor league stadium. it is not located up there with the other fields, it is across the parking lot on the other side of the Civic Center.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
We're all staying at Columbus Crossing...(Residence Inn). From the looks of it, plenty of restaurants, some shopping, and a movie theater. I thought I saw on USSSA Military Softball FB page there will be an icebreaker at the fields on Thursday.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Appreciate the info Wiggs. Lot of ground to cover in that heat. Do you know if the games at the stadium will be streamed this year? ESPN 3 might be interested to broadcast it, who knows?

BigPhatJam

Star Player
Minor League Stadium

Has anyone heard what they are going to do with the mound, if they are going to shave it down or leave like it is and are they putting up fences at 325ft or is it the Minor league fences if it is left the way it is a lot of teams will struggle this year in the A division because I don't see anyone hitting hit 475ft to dead center or 375ft down the line is going to have to be one hell of a shot with a 12ft high fence. Can you say putting on the shift!!!!

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
If they use stadium balls it probably will not matter. If not, there will probably be a lot of teams hit out of the 5 man and force the pitchers to field their position.

WIGGS22

Addicted to Softballfans
I was told that the games would be live streamed this year, not sure which division, which games or if every field will be streamed.

as far as the field goes, the dimensions are 330 down both lines and 415 in center. Pretty close to the stadium used for the major world series....

JBT2020

The Veteran
There are only 13 teams in Varsity A, im sure they will play all games in the stadium. They going to need the other 9 fields to accommodate Varsity B and intramurals.