Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Like the full-on helmet/mask combo?
I've got this one and haven't had to adjust the mask at all. There is a size adjuster/dial on the back to make it fit to your head and the mask should cover the rest.
worth-legit-protective-lgtph-slowpitch-softball-pitchers-mask-2.gif

That's the one I have. I got the head size adjusted. Didn't know if I needed to adjust the mask.

Sixes

K C C O
The softball boards could get interesting over the next few weeks. There could be suspensions coming down the pipeline.

Sixes

K C C O
Ha ha ha.....

Let's just say it's not a good idea to bounce checks to tournaments and not settle up.

Ringer44

Addicted to Softballfans
That concerns me because I am on there roster because I played corkys with them. Would the team and all players on the roster be suspended or the manger?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Anyone know who took 3rd in Blaine?

Who took 2nd and tied for 3rd at Kaposia?

I have everything else from the weekend.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Standings after the busy weekend, minus whoever took 3rd in Blaine and at Kaposia. Hopefully we find that out soon, and I'll update.

Maximus - 108
Ringer - 92
Yoke - 90
Rmothes - 90
Sjoquist - 86
Squeaks - 84
Bell - 82
Beauner - 74
Jimbo - 70
Sixes - 66
Chunkers - 62
TS - 44
MPG - 28
IMAC - 14
Artie DeVanzo - 6

Startribune

Star Player
Minnehaha Liquors tied or finished 3rd at Kaposia they lost to B52's. Red Bull, who finished 1st. B52's, then the two teams who lost to those guys I guess finished 3rd, however that works.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Minnehaha Liquors tied or finished 3rd at Kaposia they lost to B52's. Red Bull, who finished 1st. B52's, then the two teams who lost to those guys I guess finished 3rd, however that works.
I'm pretty sure it was Minnehaha Liquors and the Shockers.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Looks like nobody picked either of those teams.

There aren't really any tournaments this weekend. Next weekend there are a couple. Monticello has one, and it looks like Utrip has something in Edina.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Here's a scenario.

What would you guys do?

Lets say you have 12 guys in for a tournament and 2 guys have legit reasons they can't make it so your down to 10. A day later 3 more guys all tell the team they can't make it now so your short handed. After looking for 1 or 2 pickups and not having any luck you pull the plug on the weekend. The weekend comes and guys on the team find out the 3 guys who bailed entered a throw together team in a different tournament and could have played the whole time and just planned on playing this other tourney the whole time.

Are you pissed off, do you let it slide? Your thoughts?

squeakslang3

offically unofficial
Here's a scenario.

What would you guys do?

Lets say you have 12 guys in for a tournament and 2 guys have legit reasons they can't make it so your down to 10. A day later 3 more guys all tell the team they can't make it now so your short handed. After looking for 1 or 2 pickups and not having any luck you pull the plug on the weekend. The weekend comes and guys on the team find out the 3 guys who bailed entered a throw together team in a different tournament and could have played the whole time and just planned on playing this other tourney the whole time.

I wouldnt be happy. and if they arent crucial players i'd part ways which it kind of sounds like they have done.

rmothes

Star Player
This is a problem I'm starting to hear more about from various teams. I'd say at your team meeting prior to the year make sure to discuss other teams guys play on and possible throw together teams for tournaments they may have been on in the past. Some of these throw together teams make an annual thing of getting together for a tournament. Try to make it as open a dialogue as possible so everybody can understand what can happen. You can't get as pissed at someone if you know this can happen in advance, but right now you've got 7/8 guys who are really pissed about not being able to play when they were planning on it. Whether playing or running a tournament, these situations like you just described are the most frustrating to deal with.

Let them know you're pissed and like I said I'm sure you're not the only one who is. If you want to keep the guys around for your team let them know it would probably be fine if they would just communicate it earlier.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I'd tell them to **** off.

I know in years past we've had people that have played in other tournaments instead of the ones we are playing in as a team, and while it does suck, they did it with plenty of notice (like a month or two) for us to find guys. If they knew all along they weren't playing, then didn't tell me until short notice, it would be shady, and a bad look.

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
We have 1 tourney every year where 3 of our guys play on another squad. It's full of their buddies from where they grew up. It sucks, but I deal with it, and also get it. That's how I started playing ball, is just playing with buddies and having fun. All that aside, it's always talked about at our meeting before the year starts.

Definitely not cool, if they didn't give you plenty of notice though

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone know who took 3rd in Blaine?
Top three in Blaine were Eurotech, Lookout and Blueline. I have no idea what order they finished in, when I left Lookout was playing Blueline in the winner's bracket final with Eurotech waiting for them in the loser's bracket.

Beauner

Starting Player
Here's a scenario.

What would you guys do?

I'd be pretty pissed off.
That is an extremely selfish move. Costs 7 of their teammates a chance to play this weekend.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Once the Monticello brackets are fixed, I'll post those up for the picks this week. I would think Utrip will have theirs available tomorrow night.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I have no clue who is in Edina this weekend. Lookout or Blueline will probably win it. Seems to be the trend.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
You'd think a couple more MN conference teams would show up, since AAR, Stoop and I'm guessing you guys, will not be there.

Good shot at points for whatever reason you get points in the conference.

Here's the bracket for Monticello. Replace GAF with MN Dirty. Also "Softball Club" is Reckless. There is an updated one coming eventually, but we can work with this:

Monti_zps0vjqmlhf.jpg