Minnesota Thread

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Our 1st yr going.. is there stuff to do at the flds. ?? Or should we just plan to bet on some horse racing or go to mystic..??
If you have a big break go to Canterbury but there is usually a good group of people hanging around in the shade by the pavilion.

Turtles has good pizza and long beer list usually.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't get why winners bracket was on field #1 with the wind blowing in and sun making it hard to see for left field. Seems like winners bracket should have been on field 2 and losers bracket on field #1

Beauner

Starting Player
Savage fields were in elite condition
It a really quality complex. Always surprises me that they don't get more teams there. Plenty of places to hang out between games at the fields/park, plenty of food options nearby.
I get that it's the three in a row with Corky's and 6s but always feels like that tournament should draw 8-10 more D teams. Especially with it being a qualifier.

Beauner

Starting Player
They officially caught a team using re-stitched utrip extremes at a tourney.
I don't get this unless you're playing a no HR limit tournament. Hitting stadium balls on 300ft fences with 2-3 HRs max seems like a recipe for HROs. I get that the ball will get through the infield faster but if you miss even a little bit it's probably going to carry over the fence. Doesn't seem worth the tradeoff. Especially considering how expensive/time consuming doing that garbage would be.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Shakopee looks like it’s going to be a pretty solid tourney. Good turnout for everything but the open.

Beauner

Starting Player
Shakopee looks like it’s going to be a pretty solid tourney. Good turnout for everything but the open.
Hopefully the weather cooperates. Forecast currently shows a pretty good chance of rain. Looks like the temps will be nice though. Low 70s all weekend? I'll take it. I remember last year was one of those weekends where you started sweating taking your bag out of the trunk.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Comatose forfeited their second game at the Windy City Major because they didn’t get there on time.

Oofda.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Trentin and Dewey's just rolling through Shakopee
Yup.. was a fun wknd.. just didn't play that well against trettin. They are a good group of guys

Side note.. watched alot of the c teams play.. think it depends on the wknd to say who's the best. There's got to be 5 or 6 c teams that can place top cpl every wknd.. plus add in the box from fargo.. and a cpl Iowa teams. C nats at t.i. will be a good one. And sarg from Subaru made the most cocky dbl play against the nasty boys I have ever seen.
He kissed the ball , stepped on 2nd base then threw it underhand to 1st on a line...

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Go to the nasty boys Facebook page. Find the game at night against Subaru , start it at the 25 min mark. It was great

Worth4252

Yup.. was a fun wknd.. just didn't play that well against trettin. They are a good group of guys

Side note.. watched alot of the c teams play.. think it depends on the wknd to say who's the best. There's got to be 5 or 6 c teams that can place top cpl every wknd.. plus add in the box from fargo.. and a cpl Iowa teams. C nats at t.i. will be a good one. And sarg from Subaru made the most cocky dbl play against the nasty boys I have ever seen.
He kissed the ball , stepped on 2nd base then threw it underhand to 1st on a line...
Strange play, especially while losing.

Deweys and Trettin going to see us back up in C next year or goin to keep dodgin that this year too?

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Trettin will 100% tell you they will dodge. They have 0 interest in playing C and not being allowed to play in there carney tour.
Same with us.. it's 3 plus hours to drive if we have to play c.. it's fine to do 3 or 4 wknds a summer.. but to do it twice a month won't happen..

Btw last yr was the 1st yr we didn't play state and nats.. 2 yrs ago we lost to grasslands and Johnson and took 4th..

So whoever worth is go cry to someone else about us being to good to play d

2022 Dewey's retirement tour has started..

wildthing81

Especially at a conference event. We almost had it happen at Corky’s the first year I managed because the bracket I looked at said one place, but we actually played at another.
It can happen pretty easy honestly if you arent paying attention. Comatose had a 9:30am game, there was a 8:00am game before them and it looks like it could have been a run rule game. Conference rules state something like you must be ready to go 30 mins to a hour before your game time. Just a guess since I know Leemer who runs Comatose and he wouldnt just punt on a game, but if they were taking B.P and it ran a lil long and the game in front of them got done early, if they other team Rock Run who they were supposed to play was there ready to go and Comatose wasnt there, they wouldnt wait for them being a non conference team. That would be my guess (could be wrong) and it almost happened to my team in Chicago in 2016.

Worth4252

Same with us.. it's 3 plus hours to drive if we have to play c.. it's fine to do 3 or 4 wknds a summer.. but to do it twice a month won't happen..

Btw last yr was the 1st yr we didn't play state and nats.. 2 yrs ago we lost to grasslands and Johnson and took 4th..

Your grammar is worse then my kids. I am not whining about anything, I play up which is more then what you can say.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
It can happen pretty easy honestly if you arent paying attention. Comatose had a 9:30am game, there was a 8:00am game before them and it looks like it could have been a run rule game. Conference rules state something like you must be ready to go 30 mins to a hour before your game time. Just a guess since I know Leemer who runs Comatose and he wouldnt just punt on a game, but if they were taking B.P and it ran a lil long and the game in front of them got done early, if they other team Rock Run who they were supposed to play was there ready to go and Comatose wasnt there, they wouldnt wait for them being a non conference team. That would be my guess (could be wrong) and it almost happened to my team in Chicago in 2016.
That makes sense in a way, but I’d think you’d know you have to get there plenty early. I’m sure it was just an honest mistake, and it would suck to have happen to you.

Worth4252

“Worse than” would be correct grammar in this situation.

:)

(Also, surprised there’s not a single C tournament out there)
Mine was at least a little better 😅

There are still a few C tournaments out there. At least advertised as C and combined last minute

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Leemer wasn't there. I was there but at the other park. I was told by the umpire that had that game that they waited but Comatose still only had 5 guys there. They tried telling Stro their guys were hung up at the gate, Stro walked down there and there was no back up. Conference rules are you must be ready to play 30 minutes before scheduled game time. I'd be curious what time they actually started that Resmondo/Silverbacks game that was then scheduled at 11.

wildthing81

Leemer wasn't there. I was there but at the other park. I was told by the umpire that had that game that they waited but Comatose still only had 5 guys there. They tried telling Stro their guys were hung up at the gate, Stro walked down there and there was no back up. Conference rules are you must be ready to play 30 minutes before scheduled game time. I'd be curious what time they actually started that Resmondo/Silverbacks game that was then scheduled at 11.

Yea i know the conference had a time limit in front of games that you needed to be there, It primarily comes up on Friday nights for early games as teams usually travel on Friday so if you have plane delays or something like that. I know one year we had a couple guys driving together from Indiana to Chattanooga and were in a car accident that totaled their vehicle so they were delayed getting to the tourney, It would be interesting to hear why 5 guys from Comatose made it but not the rest.