Minnesota Thread

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I don't know if they are underachieving. I think they have a few spots they are a little behind a few teams on positionally but AA is tough. Nightmare, Precision and Worth Astros are not sluffs. They had Resmondo on the ropes at the end. They have a lot of new pieces coming together with the Xtreme/Eurotech combination plus a few adds. IMO, which is worth almost nothing, they need one more OF and a AA level type pitcher. I don't know enough about Dirk or the back up to really say they aren't but I see them switching around with 3 different guys on the bump this year... Lyf, Dirk and the old BHR pitcher and getting beat by AA and Major teams routinely. Hopefully they click come end of the season and can do some damage in post-season play.

Reactions: DFL

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I asked DW if they needed more pitching about a month ago and he said yes because it's Dirks rookie year starting and lyf is more of a guy who throws some strikes but is more of a hitter.

bstark28

Starting Player
What do you guys think of the new NHL unis? Vegas's are horrible and sounds like Haula is going there.

Vegas' are horrendous...I'm not sure a bar-league team would wear the white sweaters. I just saw the steam on Haula...I wonder if part of that is Fletcher trying to retain Dumba (not sure why, as I'd love to see him kick rocks), so he's working some kind of a deal with McPhee. Perfect world, if Haula goes, they trade Dumba to Montreal for Galchenyuk.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
What do you guys think of the new NHL unis? Vegas's are horrible and sounds like Haula is going there.

The new Wild jerseys are alright. I like the design, but I've never liked that logo. I like Vegas' logo, but that's about it.

Vegas' are horrendous...I'm not sure a bar-league team would wear the white sweaters. I just saw the steam on Haula...I wonder if part of that is Fletcher trying to retain Dumba (not sure why, as I'd love to see him kick rocks), so he's working some kind of a deal with McPhee. Perfect world, if Haula goes, they trade Dumba to Montreal for Galchenyuk.

Dumba is talented, but he makes a lot of bad decisions. He's the kind of guy that needs to be paired up with a stay at home D. I don't mind him being around. I had heard that Montreal was going after Scandella more than Dumba or Brodin.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I don't really like that, but Las Vegas has all the power right now.

It'll be interesting to see what other moves end up happening over the next few days.

bstark28

Starting Player
Now I hear we need to trade Brodin or Scandella to clear cap space. Why not let Dumba or Scandella go to Vegas then?

Agreed! I'd like to see them get rid of Pommer and his almost $6 million cap hit, but I'm thinking that he is going to be a lot harder to trade away than one of the D.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Now I hear we need to trade Brodin or Scandella to clear cap space. Why not let Dumba or Scandella go to Vegas then?

Because then you lose Haula in a couple weeks for a mid round pick, and Dumba or Scandella for nothing to Vegas. It would essentially be trading Haula and Scandella for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, if RFA's work the same for the expansion team.

Agreed! I'd like to see them get rid of Pommer and his almost $6 million cap hit, but I'm thinking that he is going to be a lot harder to trade away than one of the D.

Fact. and he has a no trade clause

I think after July 1st you can trade the guy to more teams than you can right now. His list of teams he can go to expands to 20.

Hopefully they can move Pominville to anyone for anything and open up his cap space, then get a center for one of the defensemen. Clears up a lot of space to sign Granlund and Niedereitter to extensions.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I've loved the pissing match they had about payouts when utrip thought Litchfield had a total payout of $2250. All the bobo's were shouting how utrip would have a higher payout and then they found out that was just for 1st and had a total of $7000.

bstark28

Starting Player
I've loved the pissing match they had about payouts when utrip thought Litchfield had a total payout of $2250. All the bobo's were shouting how utrip would have a higher payout and then they found out that was just for 1st and had a total of $7000.

Our squad (Quality Concrete/Randall's) is making the trip down from Fargo this year, for the first time, to play in Watercade. Looks to be a pretty solid team list so far. I'll admit it, aside of the fact that one of our guys is originally from Litchfield, the payouts are a big reason for us coming down.

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
Our squad (Quality Concrete/Randall's) is making the trip down from Fargo this year, for the first time, to play in Watercade. Looks to be a pretty solid team list so far. I'll admit it, aside of the fact that one of our guys is originally from Litchfield, the payouts are a big reason for us coming down.

Bringing Blackburn with you?

tsfingrocks

Average, at best

The dude whining on Facebook isn't going to see a payout anyways. Hopefully they have participation trophies for his team and a nice pat on the back.