Minnesota Thread

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm bored, so here's who might get bumped because of state/national tournaments. I did top 10 percent. If there were 40 teams, I did 4 teams, because you can't do 3.8.

C to B:
State Farm
Med City Express
Bud/Demarini (4th in a 36 team national)

D to C:
Clark Builders
B&G (also bumped from nationals)
Xpress Fitness (3rd in 27 team state)
Outdoorsmen (also bumped from nationals)
On1
Rogotzke
Malecha (4th in 34 team state)
AMEC

E to D:
Concrete Doctor
1st Assembly
River Inn
Arnie's
Smoquehouse

Also, D nationals is in Fargo next year. August 24-26.

That's good that so many top d teams will be bumped. 3 c to b, unless current b teams petition back down, maybe there could be b divisions in tourneys?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
That's good that so many top d teams will be bumped. 3 c to b, unless current b teams petition back down, maybe there could be b divisions in tourneys?
My list is very unofficial, but I'd guess it's pretty close to right.

I think there could be more B teams out there playing next year. I'm not sure who would appeal down and actually have a shot to win. Maniax might try, but they never do open state, so it won't pass. Stoop will appeal saying they're not a B team, it won't pass, but then will complain about not having a seed higher than other B teams at Corky's.

zuno17

aka -- pont22
Any locals to me, interested in a new Torch(3500)? Ordered one a couple months ago. Finally showed up. Hit me up if you're interested. Looking to get what I have into it back ($220)

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
My list is very unofficial, but I'd guess it's pretty close to right.

I think there could be more B teams out there playing next year. I'm not sure who would appeal down and actually have a shot to win. Maniax might try, but they never do open state, so it won't pass. Stoop will appeal saying they're not a B team, it won't pass, but then will complain about not having a seed higher than other B teams at Corky's.
Showbombs will appeal down

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Showbombs played Open State this year for sure. They should win their appeal. Good team but not a B team.

Maniax may attempt but will likely just stick with USSSA C. I can't imagine their appeal being approved due to not playing Open State and firing shots at Pfeff. Trust me, I know how that goes. Live and learn.

I'll be curious to see if Silverbacks get bumped due to season long success. I don't think they should be, as they are a good C team, but they could add a few pieces to compete in B, if bumped.

Bob Vance

Any locals to me, interested in a new Torch(3500)? Ordered one a couple months ago. Finally showed up. Hit me up if you're interested. Looking to get what I have into it back ($220)

If he for any reason bails I would definitely take it Gregg, been wanting to get a Torch all year and retire a flipper.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Have they played open state?
Looks like they went 1-2.

Showbombs played Open State this year for sure. They should win their appeal. Good team but not a B team.

Maniax may attempt but will likely just stick with USSSA C. I can't imagine their appeal being approved due to not playing Open State and firing shots at Pfeff. Trust me, I know how that goes. Live and learn.

I'll be curious to see if Silverbacks get bumped due to season long success. I don't think they should be, as they are a good C team, but they could add a few pieces to compete in B, if bumped.
Showbombs might be like Mayhem. Right at that C+/B- level, and end up going back and forth a couple times.

They do a lot of complaining. That's about all I know about them.

I don't really think there are any teams that need to be bumped up on regular season success, honestly. All the ones I could think of are already going to be getting bumped anyways.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I don't really think there are any teams that need to be bumped up on regular season success, honestly. All the ones I could think of are already going to be getting bumped anyways.

I agree with you. I'm curious to see bumps and then appeals that will come through.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans

This is the truth. Showbombs basically played Open State so that they could appeal. Smart on their part. Good group of guys and would be great to have them back at C.

I've heard us (Silverbacks) getting bumped to B because "we've won just about everything we can". I don't think that holds truth. Like Tyler said, we are a C team. If we get bumped we will take it and go with it.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I see wanting to bump teams. But, I really like how competitive C was this year.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I agree with you. I'm curious to see bumps and then appeals that will come through.
Bumps are usually November, aren't they? Can you think of a C team that'd want to move down? I thought it was relatively competitive, and there weren't a lot of bumped teams that got throttled.

Is there a reason you left The Horsemen off the D-C bump, Nik?
Yeah...we lost a lot. Back at it next year though, and I'm sure we'll have a guy or two different.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Bumps are usually November, aren't they? Can you think of a C team that'd want to move down? I thought it was relatively competitive, and there weren't a lot of bumped teams that got throttled.

No... It was incredibly competitive at C. I'm curious if they bump State Farm or Med City.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
State Farm and MedCity are likely to be bumped to C. Demarini/Bud if the National Committee deems so.

B&G, AMEC, Outdoorsman, On1 and Reckless should all be bumped to C. May be missing some but just basing of results I've seen.

I can't think of a C team that would attempt to appeal down. Blackout would be my only guess but I doubt it.

Bob Vance

Yeah...we lost a lot. Back at it next year though, and I'm sure we'll have a guy or two different.

Not that they were relevant this year, but I can see Clobes absolutely trying to get back down to D.

bstark28

Starting Player
Rich Cress stated at C Nationals that only 2 teams would be bumped to B this year from the national tournament

I'd be shocked if Tryon didn't get a bump to B. Unless they'd already plan to move them up, regardless of how they finished in OKC, based on their success throughout the year.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
I think that there was plenty of diversity through C this year. Nobody dominated and won every week, everyone had their hiccups throughout the year.

Honestly if they dont bump anyone it would be just fine

Or at least to the point if they dont fix the national level, make those team play open all year, and then go to C nationals

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I'd hope Tryon gets bumped. 5 losses all year to C teams and 4 losses to B or higher. They won close to 80% and played open twice.

Maybe give teams a +, because at this rate there will be zero B teams left. Make a few B/C tourneys and give a good amount of teams a + if you don't want to make them play B nationals. Just an idea because we can't just keep everyone at C and expect D teams to get bumped and stick together.

Last edited: