Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I got the couple things I needed to get done at work done faster than I thought.

Here are the pick game rules
1. Pick the winner of the tournament, and no picking your own team (you get the points if the team you're on finishes top 3).
2. 5 points for 1st, 3 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd.
3. Picks have to be in by the time the tourney starts
4. For Utrip worlds and ASA nationals, you pick a local team and a national team.
5. Don't pick until the bracket goes up. Anyone can post the bracket if you've got it.
6. Picks have to be in by the start of the first games, unless the bracket for one of the tourneys comes out after another one starts.

Last edited:

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Yoke what team do you play for and who are you..??

If you go to corkys or firemans I will buy you a pork patty or sweet corn for doing all the pick em work..

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Yoke what team do you play for and who are you..??

If you go to corkys or firemans I will buy you a pork patty or sweet corn for doing all the pick em work..
I play for Horsemen. We should be at Firemens.

Its no big deal. Keeps the board moving during the season.

Vegas
1) SIS/Thunder/Backman
2) Dan Smith/Menosse
3) Resmondo/RDD/H. Auto
Have you heard of Purcell is pitching in Vegas? Not that it matters, because Vitz is really good, too.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Have you heard of Purcell is pitching in Vegas? Not that it matters, because Vitz is really good, too.

I heard Purcell wants to and has been trying to ready himself to but it's uncertain. I think Helmer made reference to him coming back too early during one of the WBTS games for Vegas.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I heard Purcell wants to and has been trying to ready himself to but it's uncertain. I think Helmer made reference to him coming back too early during one of the WBTS games for Vegas.
Seems like it'd be a better idea to wait an extra little bit and let it heal up all the way. That's easier said than done though, I suppose. Everyone wants to play.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Vegas: SIS

I'm surprised that Grienert and Flip are free agents still.
Flip has that other drama, too, where he was on Dan Smith, then they replaced him with Collins, but wouldn't release Flip.

Greinert would be a good pickup if you're playing on a baseball field with unlimited homers and the stadium ball.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Any place to find the team list for Hanover?
Via Facebook:

Upper

1. OA Apparel
2. Silverbacks
3. Schmidt Roofing
4. OutKast
5. Mayhem
6. 3X the box
7. Key guys
8. MN Monitoring
9. Show Bombs
10. Hassan Sand
11. Chucks Excavating
12. Blueline
13. Freeway Ford
14. OSS

Lower

1. J&W Asphalt
2. Fine line trimming
3. M&M construction
4. Horsemen
5. Envy
6. Northern Invasion
7. Midwest Monstrs
8. The Crew
9. Shantytown
10. Buffalo dry storage
11. River Inn
12. Lifted optics
13. Renegades
14. Fairline
15. RTB/Geez
16. Thompson Construction
17. Ziegler Homes
18. Sauce Monkeys
19. Rampage
20. JH mosquito spray

Beauner

Starting Player
My team opted not to play Hanover this year after our scheduled 10pm game last year didn't start until well after midnight in sub-30 temperatures.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I'm hoping that the third field is going this year and helps out with the long breaks. I know that using the field in St. Michael was always a hassle.

Looking at the teams, there are 5-7 teams that have a shot to win, which is probably proper for a D tournament.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
My team opted not to play Hanover this year after our scheduled 10pm game last year didn't start until well after midnight in sub-30 temperatures.

It's an early bird. Weather is a huge gamble. These early tournies are looking like they will be pretty crappy if it doesn't warm up soon.

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm hoping that the third field is going this year and helps out with the long breaks. I know that using the field in St. Michael was always a hassle.

Looking at the teams, there are 5-7 teams that have a shot to win, which is probably proper for a D tournament.
Is there a lot of new teams playing the D? I'd say only half are teams I recognize from last, unless they're under new sponsors of course. My early guess would be Envy

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I'm surprised that Grienert and Flip are free agents still.

Collins went to TDB now and I'm sure once Flip's Dan Smith situation is sorted out he will end up with Pure. Greinert is waiting for an opportunity to be able to double dip with WCMonsta and Conference. That was all per Helmer on the broadcast.

As if Dennis wasn't annoying enough, he's now a Carl shill too.

I cannot stand Dennis. I hate how he takes credit for paying players to show up and play. Congrats? Where is the skill in being a retired douche bag with disposable money and warped opinions? Carl has aligned himself with the MN Upper Folks (Demars/Dennis) after brainwashing majority of the D/E program. It's a real bummer MRPA and USSSA have imploded over the off-season. Now I'll have to be around Monstards more often which is painful AF.

Country469

I'm glad yall see that too I've hated Dennis from the east coast for years, and now someone is saying he managed well in that series lol.

Guys not being able to score was magically his fault? Lol

Beauner

Starting Player
It's an early bird. Weather is a huge gamble. These early tournies are looking like they will be pretty crappy if it doesn't warm up soon.
I don't generally mind playing in cold weather. But we got there at 915pm to get checked in and warmed up for a 10pm game.
Then sat around for 3 hours. The combination of the wait and the cold weather was what irritated us. With the tournament being in the middle of nowhere, we basically had nowhere to go because we didn't know when our game was going to be expected to start since they kept moving games to different fields etc. So we just sat there waiting. And freezing our butts off.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Is there a lot of new teams playing the D? I'd say only half are teams I recognize from last, unless they're under new sponsors of course. My early guess would be Envy
I'm in pretty much the same boat. I counted and I could tell you who 12 of the 20 are.

I don't generally mind playing in cold weather. But we got there at 915pm to get checked in and warmed up for a 10pm game.
Then sat around for 3 hours. The combination of the wait and the cold weather was what irritated us. With the tournament being in the middle of nowhere, we basically had nowhere to go because we didn't know when our game was going to be expected to start since they kept moving games to different fields etc. So we just sat there waiting. And freezing our butts off.
Middle of nowhere? You're killing me :) I live 5 minutes up the road.

If anyone is looking for somewhere to go between games in Hanover, shoot me a message or find me there (#18 on the Horsemen). I can give you directions to a few bars or restaurants. There are a lot of places in Albertville, and a couple in St. Michael.

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
For sure, usually 6's is the first tournament with a chance at good weather, but I know 2 years ago it was like 20 degree windshield and wasn't last year very rainy? We like to travel a little south for our first tournament and use it as a tune up for corkys.

Beauner

Starting Player
I'm in pretty much the same boat. I counted and I could tell you who 12 of the 20 are.

Middle of nowhere? You're killing me :) I live 5 minutes up the road.

If anyone is looking for somewhere to go between games in Hanover, shoot me a message or find me there (#18 on the Horsemen). I can give you directions to a few bars or restaurants. There are a lot of places in Albertville, and a couple in St. Michael.
Most of my team lived in South metro area (Eagan, Burnsville, Lakeville, etc.) So yeah, middle of nowhere.;)