Minnesota Thread

zuno17

aka -- pont22
The championship game ended at about 9:15pm saturday night so it was right before it got dark enough to see the effect of the lights on the field. The sun was brutal during that game though when we were in the field.
I’m sure it was in their eyes as well.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The championship game ended at about 9:15pm saturday night so it was right before it got dark enough to see the effect of the lights on the field. The sun was brutal during that game though when we were in the field.
That always makes it tricky. Gotta hope it doesn't cost you any runs, and costs them a bunch :)

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
My Spudfest recap.

We literally can not be playing any worse. We played better vs the C teams and were awful against the D teams.

Whiskey is awful and shouldn't be a UIC. He makes the umps worse and doesn't actually know the rules. He also blamed pfeff for not doing a good job of getting the rules out....

Best team count and crowds in a long time and if they can get a flyer out in the fall I think more teams would schedule it for next year.

Bob Vance

If anyone is looking to donate, Fairfax being rained out spoiled Clobes prime opportunity to beat on weaker D (no offense meant) and E teams. Tissues should be sufficient.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
My Spudfest recap.

We literally can not be playing any worse. We played better vs the C teams and were awful against the D teams.

Whiskey is awful and shouldn't be a UIC. He makes the umps worse and doesn't actually know the rules. He also blamed pfeff for not doing a good job of getting the rules out....

Best team count and crowds in a long time and if they can get a flyer out in the fall I think more teams would schedule it for next year.
I'd just like the umps from Friendly City to go with me to all the tournaments I play in. Then I can dodge guys like Whiskey. Hopefully they can get a solid crew for Monticello and we're lucky for Firemens. We had one of the best umps I've ever had out on one of the open fields there a couple years ago.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Five opportunities for points this weekend after Fairfax got rained out. Most people sat around 17 points There was some movement in the standings, though.

Also, the tiebreaker that moves one team above the other in the standings is the alphabet. I've never thought about an end of the season tie. I'll figure that out if it pops up.

Thelastsamurai (M&M Construction) - 122
Larsl10 (Precision Lining) - 113
JMac612 (MN Monitoring) - 112

Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 112
TSfingrocks (Element Exteriors) - 104
Beauner (1Micro) - 102
Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 101
Jimbo81 (Arnies) - 101
MNBaller (Dewey's) - 98
Bl19 (Precision Lining) - 96
Yoke (Horsemen) - 86
Chembry (Horsemen) - 85
Ringer44 (Rampage) - 67
Sjoquist43 (Outdoorsmen) - 64​
Chunkers00 (Warriors) - 54
Philtos - 33
Bubs77 (Silverbacks) - 11
Dunkky - 5

Is there anything besides the Dudley this weekend? For the Dudley, let's do top finishing conference team and top finishing non-conference team. That way there are at least two things to pick.​

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Hopefully Dudley bracket is out soon! I think I'm tossing cookies to Will Fisher out at the Dudley Kick Off. Not many better pitchers to hit towering bombs off of than me.

zuno17

aka -- pont22
I haven’t been to the Dudley in years. With the major teams absent this year, is Friday night still a good night to go watch?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I haven’t been to the Dudley in years. With the major teams absent this year, is Friday night still a good night to go watch?
It's probably the same. Still will suck to find parking, and some D team is still going to get throttled by a team well above their level.

I'm going to be up there, I'm just not sure what time yet. I know that the whole family is planning on going on Saturday afternoon.

wildthing81

It's probably the same. Still will suck to find parking, and some D team is still going to get throttled by a team well above their level.

I'm going to be up there, I'm just not sure what time yet. I know that the whole family is planning on going on Saturday afternoon.
While I would expect most upper teams to win, we all put our pants on one leg at time an over the years there have been a number of pretty big upsets at the dudley, such as DSTI beating Resmondo, DSTI as a D team knocking off B conference team DMC, Blueline as a C team knocking off Taylormade and A team, Team Elite/jebdrywall knocking off B world Champ AJS/Mojo, Local C Team Dehn Bros taking a T-7th in 2012, Fully loaded MN D team beat H. Auto Conference B, Local team Knockouts beat A team T'13, Mn Mafia local D team beat Conference A team above all. My point is there are plenty of upsets over the years, Id expect one or two this year as well

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
While I would expect most upper teams to win, we all put our pants on one leg at time an over the years there have been a number of pretty big upsets at the dudley, such as DSTI beating Resmondo, DSTI as a D team knocking off B conference team DMC, Blueline as a C team knocking off Taylormade and A team, Team Elite/jebdrywall knocking off B world Champ AJS/Mojo, Local C Team Dehn Bros taking a T-7th in 2012, Fully loaded MN D team beat H. Auto Conference B, Local team Knockouts beat A team T'13, Mn Mafia local D team beat Conference A team above all. My point is there are plenty of upsets over the years, Id expect one or two this year as well

I don't for 1 reason. Where have any of these teams gotten competitive Utrip games in? The lack of events I think will hurt local teams alot.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I suppose it's possible, but the hardest part is that there aren't as many conference teams in the first round of games. So to get that upset over a bigger conference team, they'd probably already have to have gotten an upset. Tough (but possible) thing to do.

I also wouldn't consider Eurotech getting passed Stars (I'd pick it if we did March Madness style brackets) or Comatose getting passed Nally's upsets.

wildthing81

I don't for 1 reason. Where have any of these teams gotten competitive Utrip games in? The lack of events I think will hurt local teams alot.
Yup its certainly a point to consider for-sure however conference ball is a lil bit different in the fact that that you are playing with harder utrip balls, the pitchers strike zone is very tight and they pitch from the rubber and lastly the fences are only 300 and 310. You see from time to time the conference teams having trouble keeping the ball in the park on 300 fields and blowing out bad home-runs. As for not playing utrip I understand the point but most of the teams playing in the dudley have a number of tourneys under their belts, teams like Mayhem, Eurotech, Blueline, Team Stoop, Maniax, Element Exteriors, All American, Archetype have all played a ton of utrip in the past, all have them have played in the dudley in the past and know what to expect and lastly that winning team will have a game under their belt on Friday while already being warmed up while the team they are playing most likely flew in that day, took some B.P got some food and might be jet lagged, I've seen it first hand enough an experienced it enough myself to know those friday games playing a team that already played one that night was a tougher task no matter who it was on the other side....Good point however

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Why can’t the weather for the Dudley just be 75 and sunny for a change? It’s either storming or hot as balls. and we get both this year...