Minnesota Thread

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Carl was told he would get a meeting about USSSA bat approval, not that he'd be approved. Why would they say "You'll get approval" without a bat to test for approval? He's an absolute idiot.

Country469

That seems to be it for the most part.

What I understand is that he was told is he played that series they would have a sit down meeting with him and get real about what he actually needed to do to get his bats certified and licensed.

From the insider info I have gathered, Carl expects favors and wants to play by his rules rather than Utrip's. Why would Utrip want Monsta to stay in USA only? its hurting utrip's bottom line to deny them. Carl makes no sense on that front unless he mouthed off to someone with power at utrip and got told to **** off for good.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the rationale (and maybe I'm missing a few pieces), but this is how it's coming across....he's been trying for some time to get sanctioned to create a U-trip bat, but his efforts keep getting spurned. His one comment was as if he was "promised" something by playing War by the Shore against SIS, only to have that fall through. Anarchy comes in and gets the green light to create their U-trip bat, Carl gets pi***d and basically says if you're a team/player sponsored by my company, all you can play is USA, thus alienating a majority of his own guys that play 99% U-trip and have been with him to start. That about right? Sounds like someone dropped their sucker in the dirt, to me....Obviously, I'm not anywhere close to being "in the know" on the situation, but that sure seems like a fair interpretation.

That is how I read the situation as well.

Reading through the comments, Adam Ussery was pretty upset because he is punishing the players that have supported him and making them choose between the two associations. If they choose Utrip, which I would imagine most of them will, then they are not affiliated with Monsta any longer. He is so upset with the association that he is taking it out on the players that have been supporting him. Simply childish...

Pistol148

Addicted to Softballfans
Have the people in charge of USSSA ever stated why they won't actually allow Monsta in USSSA? Be nice to see a reason and not just people's opinions. Even if the director just said, we don't like him that's why, I would understand then.

Country469

My experience in getting utrip equip stuff approved ends at balls, and my dealings with Buggs as a rep

I could be wrong here disclaimer

But if you submit your equip for proper testing and pay the fees as required you get the stamp. Its not a picking an choosing type of deal. The more companies make utrip licensed products the more money utrip makes. Its a no brainer to let carl in................. unless something else is up carl aint telling us

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
It brings me great joy to see Carl getting pissed over little things. If he would get over his Napoleon complex he would have a Utrip line of bats.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
The initial problem carl had years ago was they want a huge up front fee to get your stamp and he couldn't swing the cash at the time and them im sure he thought he was a big shot after the success of the DNA and starting pissing off utrip.

Beauner

Starting Player
When you're good, you're good. Hot commodity problems!
More like "when you're bored and desperate and beg your way on to teams" problems.

I don't think many teams are looking for mediocre hitting backup pitchers that run like molasses in January so I'm not really a "hot commodity".

Though I did go 9/9 last night in league and got intentionally walked my last at bat. So maybe my stock is rising

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Thought I read where Miken worth maybe others didn’t want Carl making usssa bats? They think Carl will cut too much into usssa bat sales is my guess

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Looks like he has 3 guys on board so far. 1 is surprising (McClanahan) Chente is banned from the major tourney next year anyways and the 3rd I think works for Carl.

Beauner

Starting Player
Dennis just said the ASA Super didn't have the competition that the A did in response to somebody saying Resmondo was the dual world champions.
So Dennis is saying that Resmondo wouldn't have walked through the A?

God that guy is a tool.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I love the sponsors who pay for championships and then talk like they know something about ball. Know what? How to cover expenses and give some cash and goodies to good ball players? Doesn't take more than a bank account and a debit card to accomplish that.

If I win the lottery I'll sponsor every major team and win every Men's Major until I stop sponsoring. I'll refer to myself as "we" and list all of my rings and titles I've won. It'll be the douchiest thing ever.

Country469

yeah and the real shame is for $750 he could have the biggest baddest softball ring ever made, it could say major world champs 10 years in a row, and still only like 150 people would give a rats ass in the world.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
He's running for the hills and Hillary'd his posts. He also forgot to blur out AJ Smith's profile pic on one so its Jared Rudlong Construction whose crying.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Found the thread and yeah that guy is a HUGE tool. First encounter I had with him was like 10+ years ago and he was explaining that he plays in outlaw league and shaves or uses Ultra 2's and blah blah blah. Painful stuff. I mean, my level of douchiness has changed over the years. Not that I'm not one but I've changed the manner in which I am. That dude just loves to continue to be an idiot.

Beauner

Starting Player
I love the sponsors who pay for championships and then talk like they know something about ball. Know what? How to cover expenses and give some cash and goodies to good ball players? Doesn't take more than a bank account and a debit card to accomplish that.

If I win the lottery I'll sponsor every major team and win every Men's Major until I stop sponsoring. I'll refer to myself as "we" and list all of my rings and titles I've won. It'll be the douchiest thing ever.
Can I do the book for this team?