Minnesota Thread

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Express is hot right now, playing with a lot of confidence. I couldnt be happier for some of the guys on that team. Theyll be my Mankato pick.

Stagecoach is hot too, I'll just stick with them in whatever tourney they enter.

Conference will just come down to TDB and Resmondo it seems.

What happened to Ts this past weekend?

We(Express/m&m)have been playing pretty good ball lately. We did a couple scrimmages in the Rochester dome in February/March, played really well in those. Then Corkys we struggled. For sixes and shako we started hitting better for the most part. We beat willy McCoy’s in a low scoring game, but in the others we hit pretty consistently. I think playing on 300 ft fields has helped. I wish we would have played at Faribualt instead of owatonna for Corkys.

Ee masonry/joe buck homes and archetype have solid teams, not sure how much asa they play though, they should play more, they would do well.

Did I read that Carl is giving away 12 monstas for Dakota days on top of the high payouts? That could be a nice pay day for top finishing teams.

healthbook2004

Addicted to Softballfans
This weekend was a lot of fun and yeah we were hitting well in the last two games and caught fire, but that was hardly the way we were the entire weekend. MN Heat played us tough in both games we played and is always a favorite game of mine. Fun playing against people that like to joke around and actually have fun playing a kids game.

There are plenty of very good D teams and we (Express) are hardly a lock for anything just yet. Any given week someone can catch fire and run through a bracket.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
A solid weekend with a lot of tourneys to pick from...and a lot of people did not get many points (other than the two new 2nd place guys).

Here are this weeks results:

thelastsamurai (Express) - 64
BL19 (Precision) - 62
MNBaller (Dewey's) - 62
JMac612 (Blueline) - 61
Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 61
Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 54
Chembry (Horsemen) - 53
Larsl10 (Precision) - 52
Beauner (The Unknown) - 50
Yoke (Horsemen) - 47
TSFingRocks - 45
Sjoquist (Outdoorsmen) - 45
Scunions22 (On1) - 40

We've got four going on this weekend. Friendly City Open and D, Father Hennepin and Pioneer Days

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602
I forgot to mention the conference tourney in this, so there are 5 this weekend.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Maryland: SIS/Thunder
Albertville Open: Stagecoach/CA
Albertville D: Jacks/Heat
Father Hennepin: Blueline
Pioneer Days: 1Micro

Last edited:

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Pioneer Days: 1Micro

Last edited:

wildthing81

This weekend was a lot of fun and yeah we were hitting well in the last two games and caught fire, but that was hardly the way we were the entire weekend. MN Heat played us tough in both games we played and is always a favorite game of mine. Fun playing against people that like to joke around and actually have fun playing a kids game.

There are plenty of very good D teams and we (Express) are hardly a lock for anything just yet. Any given week someone can catch fire and run through a bracket.
Any body with Andy Kortz on the team is a lock to do well :)

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Our league games got moved from Centennial Park (Dudley fields) to Fridley because Centennial is still soggy.

Anyone ever played in Fridley? Hoping the fields are decent, and that the drive there isn't much longer.

Beauner

Starting Player
Pioneer Days: JL Schwieters

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Albertville D: pollyanna ( they have to start winning something here soon)
Pioneer Days: reckless

Anyone know how big albertville flds are..?? My 1st game is on fld 1

Last edited:

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Albertville D: Jacks
Pioneer Days: JL Schwieters

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Albertville Open: Stagecoach
D: On1
Father Hennepin: Silverbacks
Pioneer Days: Reckless

Last edited:

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Can a guy play a qualifier with a different team after his team already qualified for Nats... the 2nd team doesn't plan to play state or nats anyway but is playing in a qualifier

bl19

Addicted to Softballfans
Alberville Open: Stagecoach
Alberville Lower: Jacks

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Alberville Open: Stagecoach
Alberville Lower: Jacks

JMac612

Addicted to Softballfans
Albertville Open: Stagecoach
D: Jacks
Father Hennepin: Silverbacks
Pioneer Days: JL Schweiters

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Can a guy play a qualifier with a different team after his team already qualified for Nats... the 2nd team doesn't plan to play state or nats anyway but is playing in a qualifier

Nope. 2nd team shouldn't play a qualifier if they A) wouldn't use the berth and B) are short and need a guy from a qualified team. Silly kids.

Pistol148

Addicted to Softballfans
You are locked into the roster that qualified. Hope no one protest your roster. Otherwise have the team give back their birth.