Minnesota Thread

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Natalia should be cold but whatever. I think I was drafted to Ryan Hassler's team based on the spreadsheet. He hasn't posted in the softball board but my name is under his so I'll go with that. Hopefully he lets me chuck the rock and hit frozen ropes because it'll be 38ish. I double and triple checked CR's roster to see if he took a chance on me. Would've loved to bail... :p:D

Beauner

Starting Player
Natalia should be cold but whatever. I think I was drafted to Ryan Hassler's team based on the spreadsheet. He hasn't posted in the softball board but my name is under his so I'll go with that. Hopefully he lets me chuck the rock and hit frozen ropes because it'll be 38ish. I double and triple checked CR's roster to see if he took a chance on me. Would've loved to bail... :p:D
I dont think I've ever met anyone on my team before. So if I tank it and play horribly they'll never know. The only trouble is I'm not sure if I can actually be worse than I already am. Maybe if I fall down 3-4 times? Swing and miss?

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I dont think I've ever met anyone on my team before. So if I tank it and play horribly they'll never know. The only trouble is I'm not sure if I can actually be worse than I already am. Maybe if I fall down 3-4 times? Swing and miss?

I usually know maybe 2-3 people on my team. This sounds incredibly arrogant but I've been out of lower leagues softball and D/E tournaments for so long I literally don't know many guys below C.

I know the guy they're all mad at because he filled in for us once. He's...something.

Yeah... he's a real doozy. One year he was telling a guy I know he bats like .800 or something. So they let him play some fall tournament with them and every time he got out, which was often, the whole team just razzed him. I think they called him Mr. 800 or something. Stadium hero.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I was going to say, I knew walking up he played a lot at the Stadium or SRO. Just like you used to know when someone played at BeBops or Pov's a couple times a week and every weekend. It's a vibe.

Beauner

Starting Player
I usually know maybe 2-3 people on my team. This sounds incredibly arrogant but I've been out of lower leagues softball and D/E tournaments for so long I literally don't know many guys below C.

Yeah... he's a real doozy. One year he was telling a guy I know he bats like .800 or something. So they let him play some fall tournament with them and every time he got out, which was often, the whole team just razzed him. I think they called him Mr. 800 or something. Stadium hero.
The team I played with in a Stadium tournament was largely not a fan of him. I've also heard some things I'm not going to share publicly because I have no way to know if they are true. But yeah, he's a bit over the top.

I know more people on your team than I know on mine. Klug is the 3B/manager for my tournament team this summer.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
A guy from the Jokers was ejected for throwing a bat. Jokers were down 2 in top of 6 with runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Dude struck out swinging and threw his bat at the backstop. The ump immediately ejected him.
As he should have been. Not that that really means all that much at Worlds but that's an automatic quick exit.

Classic M balls are 40/325. Those are the standard for USSSA across the board I believe.
Some areas down south I think have moved to Classic M+ which is 52/275 but I don't think I've played anywhere using those.
Standard in MN is Dudley SY Classic M which is 40/325. For the Dudley it's the Dudley ZN Classic M. I've never seen the Classic + be used in any tournament, although they should have used them in Cincinnati for the Major there. Now they've added a Pro M that's been used at the Conference level and B worlds and above.

Beauner

Starting Player
As he should have been. Not that that really means all that much at Worlds but that's an automatic quick exit.

Standard in MN is Dudley SY Classic M which is 40/325. For the Dudley it's the Dudley ZN Classic M. I've never seen the Classic + be used in any tournament, although they should have used them in Cincinnati for the Major there. Now they've added a Pro M that's been used at the Conference level and B worlds and above.
The Pro M is a 44/375 I believe. Which is basically what the old ASA ball was.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Haven’t played usssa all year. I did buy 2 worth bp platinum balls that fly, maybe 48 core 400 compression? Might buy a 99 smash it bat, how many hits do new Easton’s get before breakage? Two years then switch to new usssa standards?

I bought an anarchy viper asa real cheap, that could be my cold weather bat, hit it once and I actually like it a lot. Crazy what demons and fire sticks go for.

Beauner

Starting Player
Haven’t played usssa all year. I did buy 2 worth bp platinum balls that fly, maybe 48 core 400 compression? Might buy a 99 smash it bat, how many hits do new Easton’s get before breakage? Two years then switch to new usssa standards?

I bought an anarchy viper asa real cheap, that could be my cold weather bat, hit it once and I actually like it a lot. Crazy what demons and fire sticks go for.
I got around 220 on my Bubba Club before it cracked. Then about 25 more before it cracked damn near broke in half.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans

Dont worry buddy, I have been a captain 5 years now and this is the third time my first overall pick has not shown up. I just come to expect it now.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
I was going to say, I knew walking up he played a lot at the Stadium or SRO. Just like you used to know when someone played at BeBops or Pov's a couple times a week and every weekend. It's a vibe.

Ryan Salfer is a tool, I dont care who he is friends with. He was sending facebooks messages to captains looking to get drafted. Now he cant play. It is just bull****.

He told us the same thing in our group chat last year, that he was an 800 hitter, plenty of power and make sure we buy all the home runs cause we will have no problem using them. He didnt hit one, and only had hits all day.

He also after 1 inning in the outfield pulled Owen Gammel from 3rd base cause he missed a ball and put him self in at third, I cant remember what upper guy hit one at him that inning and he pulled himself.

Now he is mad that people are bullying him and he doesnt want to play. Its all bull****

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I have no idea who he is friends with. Just have to tap the breaks a bit on the hype.

You can't be a big talker, then get upset when people come back at you after you don't back it up. Undersell and over deliver.

Beauner

Starting Player
You can't be a big talker, then get upset when people come back at you after you don't back it up. Undersell and over deliver.

Undersell and under deliver is my specialty.
I did hit a HR against Reggie Schulte's team into the wind while swinging a Louisville Backman Shoppe because he was wearing his old Backman Shoppe conference hoodie. Probably my best accomplishment to date.

He also hit 4 HRs against me so I think he won that battle.

basilray

Thoughts on the roofie incident?

Don't have much backstory, just saw some wild comment counts on varying FB threads.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
It’s not something that should be happening. Beardsley made the right call by deleting the post though. Mob mentality was starting to set in and the accusations would’ve started flying around.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
It's quite the ****ed up situation. I hope they catch the person that did it and throw the book at them.

I didn't like that a guy threw out somebody's name in the post. That's a douche move, even if you don't like someone.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
It's quite the ****ed up situation. I hope they catch the person that did it and throw the book at them.

I didn't like that a guy threw out somebody's name in the post. That's a douche move, even if you don't like someone.
That is the main reason Beardsley deleted the post. Those accusations are uncalled for.

Country469

damn all I saw was roofies and ****, mn must be wild, all we had the past couple years was a dude swing a ball bat at someone

Country469

its real hard to get more white trashy than western va, west va, and the poor rural areas of western nc................ but hey I'm always up for a story swap