Minnesota Thread

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Do they seed based on points? Westpoint was top 5 in both Duals. I know Pure took 3rd one but crapped out early in the other.
It must not be strictly on points. Anarchy/MPT has more points than either Westpoint or Bad Draw.

If anyone will be watching. I'll be on Field 4 Friday and most of the day Saturday with Bart Peck and Mike Ellenz. Hopefully no one is setting off dynamite in the parking lot this year.

Beauner

Starting Player
It must not be strictly on points. Anarchy/MPT has more points than either Westpoint or Bad Draw.

If anyone will be watching. I'll be on Field 4 Friday and most of the day Saturday with Bart Peck and Mike Ellenz. Hopefully no one is setting off dynamite in the parking lot this year.
Do I have to FB message my heckles to you? ;)

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
The governors task force has already given the go ahead to start games for adult slow pitch. June 10 was the date is was ok to start games.

https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachme...08.434457485.1592426734-1449661169.1592426734

I do believe this is specific to adult slowpitch though.

I just got the email saying Rogers will not be starting as of yet. I questioned the league director and provided links to USA Softball's guidance and State of MN's Stay Safe Plan. She provided the following explanations.

According to her, the governors clearance statements are vague and unclear. They say games are ok to start, but not recommended as of June 10. The stay safe plan approved by Minnesota department of health says in phase 3 that adult sports are open with guidance (Games June 10) but not recommended. She also went on to say that specifically Rogers will not open for games unless they get a direct formal authorization from the governor. I can see why city leagues aren't starting yet with the different messages being sent.

However, scrimmages are ok, which makes no sense at all...

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Cincinnati: Dan Smith, Resmondo, Thunder. Tournament was mostly fun. I was at the fields from 7:30 Saturday morning until 3:15 Sunday morning. That sucked. 2 hours of sleep, then an 8 hour drive home.
The one game I had him, Will played great for Anarchy/MPT. No clue on what happened on fields that weren't mine.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Nice to pick from more than one tournament, and one that actually has teams from our state.

Are there any local tourneys this weekend? I think the conference one got cancelled.

Here are this weeks results:

Weekly Results:
Beauner - 7
mnballer - 7
Chembry - 4
Yoke - 4
Maximux - 3
EAJuggalo - 1

Full Year:
Maximus - 14 (2 - 0 - 0)
mnballer - 13 (2 - 0 - 0)
Chembry - 12 (1 - 1 - 1)
Beauner - 10 (1 - 0 - 0)
Yoke - 8 (0 - 0 - 1)
TS - 4 (0 - 0 - 1)
EAJuggalo - 2

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
There is a Conference event 4th of July weekend in Arkansas. Looks like only a few conference teams though. Looks like one AA and 4 A teams. The week after that is the Seattle Dual which they are saying is 95% they are going to play, even with the requirements on the players.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
When's the next conference pick em? 2 weeks?

There is a Conference event 4th of July weekend in Arkansas. Looks like only a few conference teams though. Looks like one AA and 4 A teams. The week after that is the Seattle Dual which they are saying is 95% they are going to play, even with the requirements on the players.
We can do next weekend. There’s nothing else to do.

Seattle the weekend after would be good, with 2 tourneys.

Looking forward to Firemen’s weekend, when there will be like 5 tourneys to choose from. Might even have to remove the tier 3 ban to make it 6.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
We can do next weekend. There’s nothing else to do.

Seattle the weekend after would be good, with 2 tourneys.

Looking forward to Firemen’s weekend, when there will be like 5 tourneys to choose from. Might even have to remove the tier 3 ban to make it 6.

Fireman's is postponed

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Dam Reckless just beat 3 or 4 B teams in Cambridge this weekend.

They had a great weekend. They run ruled Maniax and Ductech and beat us (Silverbacks) 28-27 in the bottom of the 7th. We ended up beating Ductech and Maniax to get back to Reckless in the championship and the rain didn't allow us to play.

Last edited:

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
They had a good weekend. Beat 2 B teams (Maniax and Ductech). Beat us (Silverbacks) 28-27 in the bottom of the 7th. We ended up beating Ductech and Maniax to get back to Reckless in the championship and the rain didn't allow us to play.

I was told another team or 2 had loaded up for the weekend as well but either way.