texmiken

Coach
Retirment Sale.

Worth Pitching Helmet with Tinted Visor. 100.00
Monsta Roller Bag with extra shelf. 175.00
15" Berserk RHT Glove Red/White/Blue. 190.00
ChampionNet 7x7 hitting new with tee. (Tee needs a new clamp) 70.00

What is left after my post on facebook this morning. lol

I know its been awhile since you posted this but do you still have the roller bag?

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm out of the loop on MN softball. Why is there hate about the Challege Cup C team? Are folks just upset that many players weren't eligible due to the requirements?

wildthing81

I'm out of the loop on MN softball. Why is there hate about the Challege Cup C team? Are folks just upset that many players weren't eligible due to the requirements?

I dont think there is hate as much as is people dislike the way it was presented by Hacker like it was some big grand production with all these people looking at players to get the group that they have. I'm on like 6 or 7 FB softball pages, he spammed every single one. To me and many others it was a over the top pat on the back for half the team consisting of the team he coaches. There's like what 30 some odd teams in C across ASA and Utrip and they chose from 4 teams, Stoop, Blueline Manix and Silverbacks. Thats the issue just say what it is, your throwing a team in the challenge cup and you put together the team, dont make it sound like more then it is sounds like a pure attention look at me post spammed over and over. Just my .02. Its not an ALL-Star team/honor deal if your drawing from 4 teams half of which are from the team you coach....

Last edited:

Beauner

Starting Player
I dont think there is hate as much as is people dislike the way it was presented by Hacker like it was some big grand production with all these people looking at players to get the group that they have. I'm on like 6 or 7 FB softball pages, he spammed every single one. To me and many others it was a over the top pat on the back for half the team consisting of the team he coaches. There's like what 30 some odd teams in C across ASA and Utrip and they chose from 4 teams, Stoop, Blueline Manix and Silverbacks. Thats the issue just say what it is, your throwing a team in the challenge cup and you put together the team, dont make it sound like more then it is sounds like a pure attention look at me post spammed over and over. Just my .02. Its not an ALL-Star team/honor deal if your drawing from 4 teams half of which are from the team you coach....
IIRC the rule was you had to play at least 2 USSSA tournaments to be eligible to be picked for challenge cup. A lot of the ASA C teams didn't meet that requirement.

The D roster is.........questionable.

wildthing81

IIRC the rule was you had to play at least 2 USSSA tournaments to be eligible to be picked for challenge cup. A lot of the ASA C teams didn't meet that requirement.

The D roster is.........questionable.

The challenge cup rules state;

TEAM AND PLAYER RANKINGS AND ELIGIBILITY
We will be using the USSSA Player Ranking Value
If there is a player NOT listed on a USSSA roster for this season, we will revert to the previous year/year’s rankings. All Players must be able to show a legal photo ID at all times (must be 18 years of age. You must have your photo ID on yourself, in your bat bag, or on the park/complex’s property.

Players must have played USSSA in 2021

Teams shall not represent more than 3 players from one team. Exemption: Approval of the State Director and the event director due to the lack of player participation at that level.

Seems like some of the rules are quite subjective but i know there is more then 3 players from one team listed on the "C" team.

and if a player is not a Utrip roster for 2021 how can he play in the tourny when the rules state if not listed on utrip roster, will revert to previous year/years rankings.

Beauner

Starting Player

If there is a player NOT listed on a USSSA roster for this season, we will revert to the previous year/year’s rankings. All Players must be able to show a legal photo ID at all times (must be 18 years of age. You must have your photo ID on yourself, in your bat bag, or on the park/complex’s property.

Teams shall not represent more than 3 players from one team. Exemption: Approval of the State Director and the event director due to the lack of player participation at that level.

Seems like some of the rules are quite subjective but i know there is more then 3 players from one team listed on the "C" team.

and if a player is not a Utrip roster for 2021 how can he play in the tourny when the rules state if not listed on utrip roster, will revert to previous year/years rankings.
It was Lacelle's/the coaches rules, not a national rule. Though the national rule does say exemptions can be made for lack of participation at a level, which is fair to say is the case for MN C teams in USSSA.

Her post when she announced MN would put a team/teams in said

If you are interested in serving as a coach for a 2022 MN Challenge Cup team, please contact me.

Challenge Cup Teams must be comprised of individuals who play USSSA, must have coached/played in a minimum of 2 MN USSSA events in 2021 and be in good standing.

Once coaches are selected, the process of selecting the team(s) will begin.

All Challenge Cup Team expenses will be the responsibility of the coaches/players of each team. This includes but not limited to entry fee, travel expenses, etc.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans

I've been getting spammed with some of the rosters from other states where there are 5 or six guys from a D team on the roster. I completely get it at higher levels where there is no choice, but not at D. I'm surprised Pilla and Stro are allowing it.
It was Lacelle's/the coaches rules, not a national rule. Though the national rule does say exemptions can be made for lack of participation at a level, which is fair to say is the case for MN C teams in USSSA.
She screwed this one up. It should be open to all teams that are registered and all players that are registered for that level. THere are 7 USSSA registered C teams, all those players should have been eligible.
WI is putting a team in from what I've heard. There is no USSSA in Wisconsin.

Beauner

Starting Player
She screwed this one up. It should be open to all teams that are registered and all players that are registered for that level. THere are 7 USSSA registered C teams, all those players should have been eligible.

I don't disagree. But if her ultimate goal is to get more C teams in USSSA tournaments this isn't a bad way to draw teams in. If enough guys from Stagecoach/A&B/Oak Ridge Dental etc. want to play the challenge cup, they could decide to play USSSA C.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like Carl sold his ownership share in Monsta.

He posted on Facebook: "January of 2023 Jeremy Guillory will take over as CEO and owner of Monsta Athletics. By then all my new technology patents should be granted and our FP and baseball bats will be in the market doing what Monsta bats do"

Worth4252

Near Milwaukee there is USSSA

I've been getting spammed with some of the rosters from other states where there are 5 or six guys from a D team on the roster. I completely get it at higher levels where there is no choice, but not at D. I'm surprised Pilla and Stro are allowing it.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Near Milwaukee there is USSSA
Where?
I've been looking since I moved here in 2017. There were USSSA leagues in Sheboygan and a little town near Madison, then those went unsanctioned. There was GSL in Fond Du Lac and one of the Milwaukee Suburbs in 2019, now those have gone OneNation. I just looked it up, there are 5 Men's teams in Wisconsin, two B, one D and two E. There were more when northern Illinois had USSSA, now all of that has gone OneNation.
There are 5 umpires in Wisconsin: Me, Lee Eggers, one guy in Hudson that used to do league in AV, one guy near LaCrosse that is sanctioned for everything and one by Forest Lake. There is no state director or UIC. Anything that comes up I go directly to the National Director of Officials.

wildthing81

Where?
I've been looking since I moved here in 2017. There were USSSA leagues in Sheboygan and a little town near Madison, then those went unsanctioned. There was GSL in Fond Du Lac and one of the Milwaukee Suburbs in 2019, now those have gone OneNation. I just looked it up, there are 5 Men's teams in Wisconsin, two B, one D and two E. There were more when northern Illinois had USSSA, now all of that has gone OneNation.
There are 5 umpires in Wisconsin: Me, Lee Eggers, one guy in Hudson that used to do league in AV, one guy near LaCrosse that is sanctioned for everything and one by Forest Lake. There is no state director or UIC. Anything that comes up I go directly to the National Director of Officials.

My uncle lives in Milwaukee, avid softball guy, said he knows of no utrip in Milwaukee. I used to play Utrip league with him back in the mid 2000's when i would visit each summer. He said most of the utrip stuff moved to Illinois...take it for what its worth...

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
My uncle lives in Milwaukee, avid softball guy, said he knows of no utrip in Milwaukee. I used to play Utrip league with him back in the mid 2000's when i would visit each summer. He said most of the utrip stuff moved to Illinois...take it for what its worth...
Which it did... until last year. Now the only USSSA in IL is down by St. Louis. When they had the Windy City Classic this summer, they had to fly in all of the umpires since all of the local guys were doing OneNation. Compare that with the Dudley where I was the only one that travelled. Five more years and it will be back. I don't think OneNation is sustainable.

Beauner

Starting Player
Which it did... until last year. Now the only USSSA in IL is down by St. Louis. When they had the Windy City Classic this summer, they had to fly in all of the umpires since all of the local guys were doing OneNation. Compare that with the Dudley where I was the only one that travelled. Five more years and it will be back. I don't think OneNation is sustainable.
OneNation does some have some diehard supporters on the facebook pages but I've seen way too much dramatic crap from it already.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Are NSA and ISA still a thing anywhere?
ISA had a couple tournaments in MN this year. Doug Kaltved, a former USSSA Conference Umpire was running it. I've heard of NSA still doing things places but haven't actually seen it.
OneNation does some have some diehard supporters on the facebook pages but I've seen way too much dramatic crap from it already.
Now that they have to actually classify players and teams themselves we'll see what happens. When they could just use USSSA rankings it was much easier for them. My understanding is they don't actually have insurance, so the first time something happens they're going to be bankrupt.

Worth4252

Doug running anything is scary.

ISA had a couple tournaments in MN this year. Doug Kaltved, a former USSSA Conference Umpire was running it. I've heard of NSA still doing things places but haven't actually seen it.
Now that they have to actually classify players and teams themselves we'll see what happens. When they could just use USSSA rankings it was much easier for them. My understanding is they don't actually have insurance, so the first time something happens they're going to be bankrupt.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Warren posted on another site that it's official. The Dudley will not be a Conference USSSA event in 2022. I had heard it was possible and was being pushed by Stro, no reason that I can see when I compare it to other Conference events around the country.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
That sucks. Hopefully they can keep it going as a local event and fill it up every year, or maybe even grow it more.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I was wearing the Vikings shirts all this week and will be wearing the Gopher gear all next week. Absolute pro level troll move to play Jump Around once all the students were on the field.

wildthing81

Warren posted on another site that it's official. The Dudley will not be a Conference USSSA event in 2022. I had heard it was possible and was being pushed by Stro, no reason that I can see when I compare it to other Conference events around the country.

I have to laugh a bit because yea The Dudley isnt what it once was, but it is professionally run and still one of the better conference events in the county. There is still a decent turn out of softball diehards that come out and watch the dudley. When i was in the conference people always asked if me what the atmosphere was like.....I said 90% of the events it was non existent or dead most of the events had little to no fans. The Columbus major was one of my favorites events because of the turf complex yet had hardly anyone fan wise, Detroit last chance no one, Chicago a few locals came out but hardly anyone, Chattanooga major no fans, the Indianapolis majors had no one, Baltimore, Atlanta, KC ect ect. I said i have to laugh some because some of the pokduk places that have gotten conference events are no where near as good as the Dudley. Places like Columbus Indiana, Aurora/Loeland CO, Saint Louis, Baltimore, Reno NV, Broken Arrow OK, maybe xtreme ending their conference run had more to do with it since they sponsored the dudley as well? Sucks i grew up watching this event as a kid, chasing home runs in the woods hit by Fred/Larry Carter, Rusty Bumgaarder, Scott Virkus ect, lucky enough to play in it many times as well.