GGM C
I run for Ryan C
The Squad D
Med City C
Next level C
Sonics D

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
No one has been talking or posting anything. I seen a bunch of envy guys looking for a team but they also commented that the team didn't fold. Lots of cuts?

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Do any of you guys play in the outdoor tournaments in Mauston and the Dells? I just got a call do work a few tournaments there in April and May.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
There were 3 other teams hitting up at P5 last night when we were there, but I think one might have been a Challenge Cup team.

Trying to set your high speed on the HitTrax thing can get kinda tiring :)

Worth4252

There were 3 other teams hitting up at P5 last night when we were there, but I think one might have been a Challenge Cup team.

Trying to set your high speed on the HitTrax thing can get kinda tiring :)
That team looks like garbage. What other teams were there? I thought everyone went to Reggies place now.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I didn’t know any of the team names. One team had at least a couple guys from HB Sports/Longhorns, one had T-Wade(?), then there was us, there was a group with the Sterling Trophy manager, but I don’t think it was his team. They had Lawson and a guy who’s last name I don’t remember, but his first name is Brady.

We go to P5 because it’s a lot closer. It’s a nice setup, too. Used to always go to The Shed, but that’s closed now.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The challenge cup team should be able to hit. I know a couple of the infielders are solid, too.

Outfield is going to be tough, because you probably haven’t seen a fly ball since October.

Beauner

Starting Player
I didn’t know any of the team names. One team had at least a couple guys from HB Sports/Longhorns, one had T-Wade(?), then there was us, there was a group with the Sterling Trophy manager, but I don’t think it was his team. They had Lawson and a guy who’s last name I don’t remember, but his first name is Brady.

We go to P5 because it’s a lot closer. It’s a nice setup, too. Used to always go to The Shed, but that’s closed now.
Brady Kliewer probably. Really solid player and really nice guy. Was happy to see he made the challenge cup team. He played a couple tournaments with IRun4Ryan.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Brady Kliewer probably. Really solid player and really nice guy. Was happy to see he made the challenge cup team. He played a couple tournaments with IRun4Ryan.
Yup! That’s it. I played with him at a Natalia, but the last name wasn’t clicking. Heck of a ballplayer.

Some of the scores at the Challenge Cup are pretty rough. Very low scoring.

Worth4252

Yup! That’s it. I played with him at a Natalia, but the last name wasn’t clicking. Heck of a ballplayer.

they are all getting demolished on the Minnesota Softball page. How does no one from GGM, SwingNation, HB Sports, or anything other top level D team get picked but we have guys from GAS and Renegades?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I’d think the way to go next year is a little more transparency in the process. Guys from the top teams should’ve all been asked. If you’re putting together what’s essentially an all-star team, treat it that way. If I’m doing it, my first asks are the top 3 teams CF and SS. Then work from there.

A post with the roster, and a note that says: “here are some honorable mentions we asked but couldn’t make it…” would maybe shut down a little bit of the annoyance, too.

I do think a USA D all-star team does better, though.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Funny thing is one of the GGM guys is playing on the C team since Stoop picked him up this year.

I don't know much about the D team and which teams played USSSA. I know when they were putting together the C team they were told players had to come from a team that played at least 3 USSSA events in 2021.

Worth4252

Funny thing is one of the GGM guys is playing on the C team since Stoop picked him up this year.

I don't know much about the D team and which teams played USSSA. I know when they were putting together the C team they were told players had to come from a team that played at least 3 USSSA events in 2021

That guy played for a few reams. He was with Longhorns also

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
The rain on Wednesday was brutal. I was out there in a full rain suit and still ended up soaked. Thursday and Friday it really seemed to depend on what field you were on, it was windy as hell. I lucked out and was in the Stadium 4 of the 5 days where the wind isn't too bad on the field. I was talking to some of the Major players and they had never seen the wind blowing out to left field like it was Friday and most of Saturday. I had 4 guys hit shots over the scoreboard in games I was working. Time limits might have had something to do with scores too. No new inning after 60 in pool play, then from about noon on Saturday on it was no new inning after 65. I ended up working the plate in the Major If game. There were a heck of a lot of great players on those two teams from Florida and Texas.

Beauner

Starting Player
they are all getting demolished on the Minnesota Softball page. How does no one from GGM, SwingNation, HB Sports, or anything other top level D team get picked but we have guys from GAS and Renegades?
One of the Swing Nation guys did go down there. Supposedly GGM had 3-4 players asked but unable (a couple had C cards etc).
A lot HB Sports guys I assume didn't play enough USSSA tournament?

Worth4252

One of the Swing Nation guys did go down there. Supposedly GGM had 3-4 players asked but unable (a couple had C cards etc).
A lot HB Sports guys I assume didn't play enough USSSA tournament?
Maybe. I feel like I saw all them at every USSSA tourney with HB or some other team.