Minnesota Thread

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah we thought about going to play south state at t.i. with the majority of the better teams down there.. but it's closer for us to go to Moorhead and I saved 2k on hotels..

T.i. is crazy even with the usa discount.. at around 250 a night per room. I paid 110$ in Moorhead per room for just Fri night.

T.i. 2,500 in hotels for the whole wknd

Moorhead 440$ and closer.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Stagecoach added a few guys for the end of the season, too. They lost a couple others who weren’t playing much.

leib0039

C nats I think is generally the "best" national tourney for competitiveness. There is always a team or 2 that comes from east/west coast that hasnt played USA/ASA all year but for the most part there are a lot of teams that can win it.
B and up feel more like who puts together the best "legal" roster of pickups. The 6 AA/Major conf guys who just happen to have no rating in USA and steamroll.

I know none of the associations get along but it feels pretty foolish to me that you just dont go by your highest rating in any association. Sure there are minor differences but its not like a Major USSSA guy is a C USA guy or a RPL USA guy is a B USSSA guy. But instead just bury your heads in the sand and let it happen I guess....

wildthing81

Can only talk about low team counts so much. Is there an upper team that can make a post season run?

I like Duchtech at nationals they are playing really well right now, JEC is always going to be tough as well, Theraldsens could make a run as well. The Herd as an A team has had a great year, I wonder if they are picking up anyone. The A and AA is basically a All-Star event of AA/RPL players but i wouldnt count them out at A. Northwood from Wis and Comatose could make runs as well at A and B, Northwoods beating Monsta Major team and hanging with Anarchy Major team at Corkeys....Comatose having won the B and finishing running up at the A in previous years.

wildthing81

The Nasty boy charm gone?
Did they have any charm? Talked alot last year beating up on D teams, dont make thru a full year at C? So much for their "Brand". Im sure they are good dudes but they chirped wayyyy too last year and as they found in C alot of teams can score and pile up runs in a hurry.

Beauner

Starting Player
They went 10-8 against C teams and 0-3 against B and A teams on the season. I think they had a couple guys leave for greener pastures over the last couple months which hurt them quite a bit. Especially right before the ASA Dudley and State (went a combined 0-4).
They mostly competed well with the C teams they played while they had their full roster of guys.

Worth4252

They went 10-8 against C teams and 0-3 against B and A teams on the season. I think they had a couple guys leave for greener pastures over the last couple months which hurt them quite a bit. Especially right before the ASA Dudley and State (went a combined 0-4).
They mostly competed well with the C teams they played while they had their full roster of guys.
Congratulations on state this weekend.

rmothes

Star Player
They play a lot of WI tourneys and they've done very well this year on both sides of the river. I don't know the roster they had for Firemans, but they told me they wanted tier 2 but were placed in 3.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm hearing USA AA and Super cancelled this weekend in TN. Only 6 teams for the Conference event in Chicago, none higher than A. Everyone seems to be taking the weekend off. This is my last event until worlds, but I just signed up to be a hockey ref to keep busy.

Worth4252

Unless they had a completely different roster, it was just their typical st croix lanes team. They have some alright dudes on that team, legitimize D team just shouldn’t have been tier 3.