Minnesota Thread

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Joe Ryan said he's getting pissed he keeps getting pulled before the 6th inning. I like the kid is fighting back against 18 batter limit obsession the Twins have.

wildthing81

Any of you knuckleheads going down to Worlds in Viera?
Sounds like the Utrip powers that be have a mess on their hands trying to plan worlds around a potential hurricane. Maybe its just me, but i have not enjoyed playing at the Viera complex, i think moving away from Disney was a big mistake at least from a softball atmosphere standpoint. Playing at Viera is like playing in a wind tunnel, its always windy being right on the ocean, the balls almost always dont fly unless its early evening or night. How many times have we seen AA-B teams struggling to score 10 runs in a world tourny at that complex? Just my .02....

wildthing81

Sounds like the Utrip powers that be have a mess on their hands trying to plan worlds around a potential hurricane. Maybe its just me, but i have not enjoyed playing at the Viera complex, i think moving away from Disney was a big mistake at least from a softball atmosphere standpoint. Playing at Viera is like playing in a wind tunnel, its always windy being right on the ocean, the balls almost always dont fly unless its early evening or night. How many times have we seen AA-B teams struggling to score 10 runs in a world tourny at that complex? Just my .02....
Case and point, there was a couple B games, 4-3, 6-5, 9-4, 11-10, 12-11...

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Looks like they cancelled the games for today and tomorrow.

If you’ve never been more bored, they have one of the cameras streaming on YouTube still. Looks like a ton of rain.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Xtreme made the winner's bracket final in the Women's A. Nice thing about playing in Viera rather than at Disney, they will be able to play as soon as the local government allows, at Disney this would be completely washed out and probably would have only gotten half the games in yesterday. I spoke with one of the umpires there, he told me it wasn't raining all that bad but because it was all day it would have been shut down at some point if they were playing on dirt.

wildthing81

I think this maybe a first. I don't see a single MN team b or higher at worlds.

Part of it is there isnt any utrip tourneys for those teams to play in locally. I mean who to support utrip in florida with a major cost for teams and players to go when they dont support anything locally here.

Beauner

Starting Player
Part of it is there isnt any utrip tourneys for those teams to play in locally. I mean who to support utrip in florida with a major cost for teams and players to go when they dont support anything locally here.
I've heard rumors they are trying to put a conference event back up here in the near future. I hope that is the case.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I've heard rumors they are trying to put a conference event back up here in the near future. I hope that is the case.
I'd be surprised if they do without a turf complex to hold it at. Teams complain about the cost of flying into MSP for tournaments that they aren't sure are going to play. Almost every new tournament since I started doing Conference has been at turf complexes. I think Detroit is the only one that wasn't.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Do other associations go with utrip suspensions, or if you’re suspended, you just go play one of the other associations?

Seems like some states have 5 different associations. I remember when Minnesota had more. I think 4 was tops.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Do other associations go with utrip suspensions, or if you’re suspended, you just go play one of the other associations?

Seems like some states have 5 different associations. I remember when Minnesota had more. I think 4 was tops.
Depends on why you're suspended and what the relationship is like between the associations. I would expect the team to be suspended from WSL, USA and AWS. They will probably be allowed to play One Nation, ISA maybe one or two other smaller ones. I actually kind of feel bad for the two guys that got picked up that day from an A team that wasn't playing. They weren't allowed to test their bats and had to swing what was in the bucket, turns out it was one of those guys that had the bat in their hands when the glass shattered. Only kind of bad though, sounds like everyone in FL knows that teams swings glass, I don't think anyone thought they were stupid enough to bring it to Worlds.

alp312

Addicted to Softballfans
Depends on why you're suspended and what the relationship is like between the associations. I would expect the team to be suspended from WSL, USA and AWS. They will probably be allowed to play One Nation, ISA maybe one or two other smaller ones. I actually kind of feel bad for the two guys that got picked up that day from an A team that wasn't playing. They weren't allowed to test their bats and had to swing what was in the bucket, turns out it was one of those guys that had the bat in their hands when the glass shattered. Only kind of bad though, sounds like everyone in FL knows that teams swings glass, I don't think anyone thought they were stupid enough to bring it to Worlds.
They were sponsored by Exclusive Bats, whose known for shaving bats. They have a military team they sponsor too, it is super weird that they don't get more grief.

wildthing81

I'd be surprised if they do without a turf complex to hold it at. Teams complain about the cost of flying into MSP for tournaments that they aren't sure are going to play. Almost every new tournament since I started doing Conference has been at turf complexes. I think Detroit is the only one that wasn't.
how about the Columbus Indiana fields? Baltimore? Peach or whatever the name of it is now. Tulsa? Chi town?...of course there is the Smoky and Cincy as well. I think there is still a fair amount that plays on the dirt.

rmothes

Star Player
I know some of you on here are on C or higher teams, so I'm looking for teams like yours who are interested in playing in an upper bracket in Siren, WI next spring. April 28-30 to be precise. We've run a growing D/E combined tourney the past 11 years and have teams who will be getting bumped out of that, but would like to keep having them return along with bringing in new teams. We play at 2 sites (Siren & Frederic 11 miles away) Its 4-game guarantee, 3 games pool play then seeded into single elim. Looking for 8 teams in the upper. Our D/E was a full 28 teams last year and we'd like 20 or more next year along with 8 upper. Any D/E teams on here can also let me know if they'd like in and I can put you on the wait list. (Returning teams get first dibs to enter, then remaining spots are offered to wait list teams in order they've told me of interest)

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
how about the Columbus Indiana fields? Baltimore? Peach or whatever the name of it is now. Tulsa? Chi town?...of course there is the Smoky and Cincy as well. I think there is still a fair amount that plays on the dirt.
Columbus no longer has a Major, neither does Tulsa, both Chicago majors were played on turf. My comment was also about new events. Talking with some people in Viera last week, the Conference schedule is going to change a whole lot from what it's traditionally been. More duals and more weekends off is what I'm hearing.

Had the Silverbacks at C worlds, they played pretty well and beat a couple of very good teams to finish top third. Terry Santori and I worked the Championship game.

wildthing81

Columbus no longer has a Major, neither does Tulsa, both Chicago majors were played on turf. My comment was also about new events. Talking with some people in Viera last week, the Conference schedule is going to change a whole lot from what it's traditionally been. More duals and more weekends off is what I'm hearing.

Had the Silverbacks at C worlds, they played pretty well and beat a couple of very good teams to finish top third. Terry Santori and I worked the Championship game.

Very thanks for the information.

More Duals? man those things are rough us 30 plus dudes play 4-6 games in one tourny then have to turn around and do it again is tough. Good luck on that...

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I’ve never played in a dual, but I feel like there’s not enough time in a day for me to stretch and feel good after one of those.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Trying to find a used USA bat to swing in the tunnels this winter, and holy **** do some people really shoot their shot on the high prices. Good for them, I guess.

Solid deals on utrip bats though.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Trying to find a used USA bat to swing in the tunnels this winter, and holy **** do some people really shoot their shot on the high prices. Good for them, I guess.

Whatever you do, don't buy off the Monsta pages on Facebook, unless you want to pay $400-$500...

Beauner

Starting Player

If you want to swing 28s I've got a couple i'd sell for 100-150ish.