Minnesota Thread

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I love the Tim Walz trash talk. He's very below average imo but look who the opponent is. It was over when they picked Birk as the running mate. I don't know the last time I've liked either option for an election. Politics have been very similar to the wild goaltending situation lol. Both options make you shake your head.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
They were talking about having other tournaments happening at the same time as that one, too. Should be cool.

leib0039

That would be fun, but they REALLY need to figure out parking there. That lot fits about 4 teams worth of vehicles and then you end up parking in the residential spots 5 blocks away. I can't imagine some of those super teams will like that ha.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Yeah, the parking can get rough there. I mostly park in the lot by the fields that are out on their own. Definitely get my steps in.

Looks like everyone is getting more homers next year in USA.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Utrip bats have to be 240 bats in tourneys now. 220 still fine for league.
It's up to the discretion of the league director. I don't think any of the USSSA league directors in MN will force the change to 240 but it wouldn't shock me if one does.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
It's up to the discretion of the league director. I don't think any of the USSSA league directors in MN will force the change to 240 but it wouldn't shock me if one does.
If it’s anything like the grandfathering from the last bat change, it’ll be a bit.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Anything to get these manufacturers more $$$. USSSA is shady for this one.
Feels like it, especially after spending 2 seasons saying it’ll be 220 for non-conference play.

I’ve swung a 240 bat for the last two summers, but I imagine other people stocked up on 220’s.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The real question is why do USSSA allow these awful all star teams for that vierra cup tourney?
The rules they have for putting those teams together will keep MN from ever doing well down there.

Do they have the same rules for the upper divisions, too? Because you couldn’t put a B team in the Challenge tourney because they don’t have 3 utrip B tournaments all year around here.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
The rules they have for putting those teams together will keep MN from ever doing well down there.

Do they have the same rules for the upper divisions, too? Because you couldn’t put a B team in the Challenge tourney because they don’t have 3 utrip B tournaments all year around here.
I think the most difficult rules for roster construction are imposed by the state director, not the Challenge Cup itself. There is no mandatory number of tournaments, only that the player have been on a USSSA roster in the last two years at the level being played. The only real rule is no more than three from any one team unless you have authorization from the state and event directors. Bigger issue to MN teams doing well down there is no one has played in three months and Viera plays different than just about anywhere else in the country.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I talked with someone in the upper levels of USSSA in MN today, they were told it was an edict from National that there was a requirement of three tournaments or a league registration required. I have looked and can't find anything that says that, maybe it was included in communications sent to the state directors. I did a little more digging and found multiple players on the IA/SD Major team in 2022 that were not on any USSSA rosters during the 2021 season and a couple more that played with The Herd that only played the Dudley in 2021.