Minnesota Thread

wildthing81

Any off season happenings locally to talk about?

I'll start first, I know the silverbacks folded their C team. ( sorry Bell).

I also think its really cool that the Super and AA ASA championship will be in minnesota. Yoke I expect to see your team in this!!!

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Any off season happenings locally to talk about?

I'll start first, I know the silverbacks folded their C team. ( sorry Bell).

I also think its really cool that the Super and AA ASA championship will be in minnesota. Yoke I expect to see your team in this!!!
The only shot I have to get on a team in that tourney is if word gets around about my neat handwriting and ability to do a scorebook. I will hopefully go watch though. Should be a lot of fun.

Beauner

Starting Player
The only shot I have to get on a team in that tourney is if word gets around about my neat handwriting and ability to do a scorebook. I will hopefully go watch though. Should be a lot of fun.
My team was already asking Pfeff if he needed broadcasters for it after we had so much fun doing C nattys. Maybe you can be the official book ;)

Beauner

Starting Player
The rules that Lacelle put in for picking players hurts
I don't think most of those are her rules.
Taken from SoftballCenter:

2021 USSSA Challenge Cup Rules

TEAM GUIDELINES

Players must have played USSSA in 2020.

Men & Women players MUST the Player Ranking Value (PRV) of the 2020 season to participate

ALL managers and players MUST be approved by your respective State Director.

Teams shall not represent more than 3 players from one team. Exemption: Approval of the State Director and the event director due to the lack of player participation at that level.

No Players can play in a lower class.

MAJOR DIVISIONS – No player PRV restrictions

B DIVISIONS – PRV of B Elite or Lower

C DIVISIONS – PRV of C Elite or Lower

D DIVISIONS – PRV of D Elite or Lower

E DIVISIONS – PRV of E Elite or Lower

Example: PRV of D in 2020, can only play D or above. PRV C on a D team in 2020, cannot play on a D team for the Challenge Cup. USSSA Challenge Cup teams are not allowed to have "Drop Downs" and/or "Chips" on their respective rosters.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
The must play three USSSA Tournaments is her rule. MN teams aren't going to be able to compete with the sandbagging that gets done in FL, the Northeast and CA. The Central Florida team that won E had at least 5 guys that I've seen in the final four at E worlds over the last three years. The fact that most of the MN guys haven't played a game in three months probably hurts them too.

alp312

Addicted to Softballfans
It is also my understanding that Lacelle also makes it 3 MNRPA events, not just USSSA. So tournaments like Military, Huff n Puff, Duk Duk, Frolics, do not count because they are not a MNRPA event.

Beauner

Starting Player
It is also my understanding that Lacelle also makes it 3 MNRPA events, not just USSSA. So tournaments like Military, Huff n Puff, Duk Duk, Frolics, do not count because they are not a MNRPA event.
I don't remember seeing anything about MNRPA in her posts before about challenge cup eligibility but I'm tired so maybe I'm forgetting?

wildthing81

To me its weird to think about a challenge cup anything from MN-WI, Usssa barely exists in minnesta, doesnt exist in WI. There are just some D teams that will play limited utrip i guess, but mainly were are ASA. Then to further complicate matters you play alot of sourthern and western teams that basically can play year round, yeah????? I mean i guess its a cool honor, but i have a real hard time bying into the idea if your from the midwest and berried in the snow and cold for 5 months and then trying to play after cage bombs and limited to no fielding for months....JMO....We used to go down to Arkansas in Feburary to play in one of their Classics, i'd bring some conference dudes down with me along with the local fellas and we'd get steamrolled by C teams who had played 5 or 6 tournies already.

Hoping that isnt the case for us when we go to Kentucky in early march.

Bubs77

Addicted to Softballfans
In MN you can play Utrip D or I suppose E. You cannot play really anything else. The only other Utrip you can play are the ones that are not MNRPA which in the case of the challenge cup make you ineligible by the heads to be of Minnesota.

We will see where it heads however the current path isn't great. I'd love to play more Utrip, I just don't want to play the same 3-4 team backet every single weekend.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
In MN you can play Utrip D or I suppose E. You cannot play really anything else. The only other Utrip you can play are the ones that are not MNRPA which in the case of the challenge cup make you ineligible by the heads to be of Minnesota.

We will see where it heads however the current path isn't great. I'd love to play more Utrip, I just don't want to play the same 3-4 team backet every single weekend.
Some utrip team counts have been impressive but I'm guessing those are non mnrpa.

PS Fb has wild the last couple days.

alp312

Addicted to Softballfans

Right, that's what I was saying. Pretty lame that she has to put her own rules on it like that. MNRPA should not even be a thing.

wildthing81

Right, that's what I was saying. Pretty lame that she has to put her own rules on it like that. MNRPA should not even be a thing.
Why is it even a thing? How is it allowed when its not governed by Utrip? Seems like you could just go over her no? Basically shes run Utrip into the ground in Minnesota.

Beauner

Starting Player
Why is it even a thing? How is it allowed when its not governed by Utrip? Seems like you could just go over her no? Basically shes run Utrip into the ground in Minnesota.
UTrip was in the ground here long before she took over. She's done a better job growing tournaments than either of her two predecessors.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
UTrip was in the ground here long before she took over. She's done a better job growing tournaments than either of her two predecessors.
There was a day that the utrip powers were in town ready to name Scott Brown the new head for mn. They chickened out and gave her one more year.

Beauner

Starting Player
There was a day that the utrip powers were in town ready to name Scott Brown the new head for mn. They chickened out and gave her one more year.
I don't remember hearing anything about that. I know she took over from Troy, who took over a basically dead association and tried to do anything with it. He did OK for a couple years before he left for a different job. Then Lacelle got the job and has at least started getting more teams to sign up again and listened to the complaints most ASA teams had about USSSA tourneys (low payouts) and has started getting some pretty legit payouts the last 2-3 years.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
With Savage probably changing weekends, is there anything else that weekend besides 6’s for tourneys?

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
To me its weird to think about a challenge cup anything from MN-WI, Usssa barely exists in minnesta, doesnt exist in WI.
USSSA is coming back to WI this year. There are going to be tournaments monthly, currently scheduled in LaCrosse, Janesville, DeForest. Probably going to be one in Steven's Point and possibly the Dells and/or Milwaukee. Also reviving USSSA in Chicago.

Beauner

Starting Player
With Savage probably changing weekends, is there anything else that weekend besides 6’s for tourneys?
I vaguely recall there was a USSSA tourney the same weekend as Savage, but Savage had also previously been the weekend after 6s cuz we always played Corkys, 6s, and Savage like back to back to back, and then Shakopee a couple weeks later. There was a rumor that those 4 tournaments being so close together as to why Savage struggled to fill a C bracket a couple times.

rmothes

Star Player
Speaking of C brackets, any of you C team players want to play in Siren, WI April 28-30? 4 game guarantee and looking for 8 teams in the upper bracket. I've got a couple of regular teams who decided to play their way out of D ball last year and would like to keep them coming back. With 8 teams I'd be paying out top 4 spots, so it's a great opportunity to shake the rust off with a good chance at winnings. First 3 games are pool play, then seeded into single elim bracket and if you win that first game in single elim, you're in the money. Have a D/E bracket with 24 teams going same time, but any teams interested in that will need to go on the wait list. I give last year's teams until middle of March to re-enter before opening it up for wait list teams. Paid USA umps for each game. Mostly USA rules, but 6-12 arc and use plate/carpet for strike zone and no courtesy fouls to keep things moving. Excellent warm-up for Corky's the following weekend! Last year of the 8 teams who played in the Spring Ting and Corky's, only 1 didn't have a 2-2 record or better. (1 team in C, 4 teams in D, 3 teams in E) Great competition to go along with plenty of games. No wait list for the upper tourney, so anybody who wants to enter for the upper, you will get in immediately with payment until I get 8 teams.

wildthing81

USSSA is coming back to WI this year. There are going to be tournaments monthly, currently scheduled in LaCrosse, Janesville, DeForest. Probably going to be one in Steven's Point and possibly the Dells and/or Milwaukee. Also reviving USSSA in Chicago.
I guess we'll seem most of my team is out of Wisconsin and we havent seen anything that is going to accommodate B and above.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess we'll seem most of my team is out of Wisconsin and we havent seen anything that is going to accommodate B and above.
I would be shocked if there was anything other than D and E. The only registered team B or above as far as I know is Comatose in WI. USA C only gets four teams for state. If USSSA can get 10-12 D and/or E teams, I'd consider that a pretty big win.