Minnesota Thread

wildthing81

Did you join up with the Jacobs?
Yes, I left JEC in July last year and join Northwoods Elite for the rest of the season. I played conference with S. Jacobs from 2014-2016 and would go over and play open tournys with him pretty often even when I wasnt on his team.

Most of the same Northwoods team is back, added a couple younger stud baseball players to the outfield, lost one player to Comatose and helped recruit two former Silverbacks guys over to the "dark side". We are playing ASA B and utrip B.

wildthing81

I would be shocked if there was anything other than D and E. The only registered team B or above as far as I know is Comatose in WI. USA C only gets four teams for state. If USSSA can get 10-12 D and/or E teams, I'd consider that a pretty big win.
gotcha, makes sense I know we talked about having to play Utrip in other states basically when we play it at B and above.

alp312

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep, hopefully Suncoast stands by their product. We will see what comes of it. The Louisville was a prototype I guess.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't think it will affect much locally. Highly doubt many league umps will know what those bats are. Suncoast knew, wouldn't break my heart if USSSA pulled their stamp completely. It was a joke all through Worlds last year that the Ruckus' weren't legal. But all you can do is compression test them once the teams make the top 16, didn't see many of them the last few rounds. Juno will probably get away with it because it's only the one handle.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
What a mess that is. Sucks that it came out now, a couple months after a lot of people bought their bats from the other ban, and right before the season is about to start.

(The season will start eventually, I hope)

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
We’re not doing anything until mid-May. Maybe it’ll be dry-ish by then.

League is supposed to start on April 24th. Good luck with that.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I really wish there were more 1 days available. I think it would help get more teams out & more often. The Monticello 1 day was always on my schedule until they stopped running it.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Monticello had a good setup for one, and always a decent turnout. Now they don’t do anything at all for softball.

I think the only two I know about now (USA wise) are Mounds View and Elk River.

basilray

This is the least prepared I've ever been going into a tournament. 1. This going to hurt... 2. Hope we just win 1 game lol
That's how I feel about this season in general. 😂

My church league got called off yesterday, because "Ground temps are too low". I both wanted to get out and play, and didn't want to be out there at 8p and maybe 40F playing ball. with 40% of my roster being subs.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
We showed up to our 6:15 game yesterday…only apparently league got canned and they didn’t update the cancellation line.

It was nice to get to do some throwing though. Glad I didn’t have to run a single step, too.

rmothes

Star Player
You guys can certainly make picks for Siren next year instead of Mound since you'll know more than half of the teams who go there anyway. Also, our city doesn't close our fields so we are able to continue through the crappy weather.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Mound must have received a lot more rain than I did (or than Rochester did).
The weather in Rochester wasn't pleasant but it was mostly dry save for a few minutes of rain a couple times.
I heard tonight the lawn care company showed up during the week and made a big mess of the fields. Like aeration and seeding during all the storms and turned everything into soup.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Corky’s looks like one where you’d want to throw your shoes away afterwards. Glad most/all of the games are getting in though.

We have our first tourney next weekend in Mounds View. It’ll be interesting to see how that one goes.