Minnesota Thread

wildthing81

Corky’s looks like one where you’d want to throw your shoes away afterwards. Glad most/all of the games are getting in though.

We have our first tourney next weekend in Mounds View. It’ll be interesting to see how that one goes.
The main complex friday night was a mess, saturday afternoon through the rest of the night was soupy, they got the games in i guess, but i looked like pig pen when i left the park at 11pm last night.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The main complex friday night was a mess, saturday afternoon through the rest of the night was soupy, they got the games in i guess, but i looked like pig pen when i left the park at 11pm last night.
It definitely looked like the kind of deal where you throw your shoes in the trash on the way out.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Does that shock you. Just like at nationals too.

Dewey's had a nice run today in the "c"

Did a mn break the top 10 in "d"

wildthing81

It definitely looked like the kind of deal where you throw your shoes in the trash on the way out.
Im in debate mode, my cleats have been sitting outside since i got home to dry, they were still wet as of last night. Congrats to all the teams who battled the weather to place.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Im in debate mode, my cleats have been sitting outside since i got home to dry, they were still wet as of last night. Congrats to all the teams who battled the weather to place.
I’ve crumpled up newspaper and put it in my shoes, and that’ll suck out some of the water.

wildthing81

All the C teams winning appeals
gottem!!!isnt that what happens at all levels? Teams that usually win in D are C teams, Teams that win at the C are usually B teams and Teams that win the B are usually A or above. Lets take my example that I have dealt with for years. I play open or ASA B, We support the ASA open program all year, go to OKC for the B and their are All Star teams with major players playing in the B, One team had 8 AA players, one year at the C we lost the chip to a conference team that had not one single C player on their roster, all B and A, how is that even fair let alone legit? I can see this happening at the super and AA Nationals. but it shouldnt be happening at the B and A. And when it does it just trickles down to the lower levels and happens reapeatedly.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
It's a losing battle unless the surrounding states would start bumping teams and players and that's not happening. I think it's gotten to the point that pfeff has been worn down and the terrorists are winning lol.

wildthing81

Dudley has a whopping 9 teams. I expected it to fall off some because of ASA instead of Utrip, however I expected the numbers to be like last year, 18-20 teams. I think this might be it for it with only 9 teams.

wildthing81

Agreed, its sad really. The Smokies was a ASA tourny until the mid 1980's I believe and the Dudley should draw as a ASA tourny, but it didnt for some reason and I'd guess the organizers are taking a bath on the cost of running it this year. Last year I thought was a well run event.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
In this day in age stay off holiday weekends. It's a losing cause. Also location... most of the asa supporters aren't going into the cities. Mankato has a bigger draw.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Seemed like there were quite a few decent games when I was up there watching this afternoon/tonight. Seemed like the kind of thing that’s a fun tourney, but it’s not the Dudley.

Maybe moving it to next weekend next year would be good? Last weekend of June is light on tourneys.

wildthing81

Seemed like there were quite a few decent games when I was up there watching this afternoon/tonight. Seemed like the kind of thing that’s a fun tourney, but it’s not the Dudley.

Maybe moving it to next weekend next year would be good? Last weekend of June is light on tourneys.

I'd like to see the tourny continue and if it needs to be moved a weekend so be it. They also need to get ASA umpires to ump the tourny, I had seen umps in the Dudley I've seen seen ump ASA before or never seen before in general. Some of these guys were just plain not good. You want the tourney to be built up, gotta have the best umps. Also curiously, they used only one field in the quad and then the 2 singular fields closest to northdale. Wondering what the logic is for that.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
What I had been told is that a Super Qualifier like the Dudley was supposed to be. Could only have one umpire on each field that does not have the "Elite" tag from USA. When Comatose ran a Super Qualifier in May they brought in four "Elite" from MN, one non-elite from MN and one local that is probably the second best USA umpire in Wisconsin. If they were using three fields, six of the nine guys had to have that "Elite" tag. Maybe now that Stro is out of the Conference the Dudley can get back on the Conference schedule, there is a push for doing that and moving it to Burnsville.