Not GTG Missing Package SilverSlugger7

Dugout5

Starting Player
Reposting this to keep in all in one thread

After they closed the OG thread I kinda chalked it up as a loss and a learning exp. I did save a search for any Mercy posted on “the bay” just for kicks. About a month later I get a notification of a posting for a NIW 2014 Mercy. Crazy thing was the sellers name was the exact same as on SBF “SilverSlugger7”. I couldn’t believe it. You could tell it was the same bat by the location and orientation the D sticker that’s was placed under the wrapper. Some board bros also noticed it on “the bay” and PM’d me about it. I obliviously wasn’t the only one on the look out for this bat to show up.

I contacted the PA state police and asked for help. They told me to purchase the bat back for evidence. I placed a bid and won the bat then he actually shipped it back to the same address I shipped it to him from . The police contacted “the bay” and SBF to confirm the both usernames belonged to the same person and address. It was a match.

So I packed up my whole family and took the bat to the State Police ( I wanted to teach my kids a lesson about stealing and consequences. To this day we still talk about SS7 by his proper name and the bat is displayed in my closet as a daily reminder). The State Police Detective documented everything and found his fingerprints and mine on the bat still. We filed offical criminal charges and a summons was issued for him to appear in court. I showed up and he didn’t. They issued a warrant for his arrest and we’ve been waiting to extradite him to PA to appear in court.

Fast forward 2 years.... 2 weeks ago the DA called meand said SS7 has been picked up on the warrant. He is now applying for the ARD program. To enter the program he need to pay restitution to the victim. I filled out documention of all my losses, shipping etc. for the total of $500. I haven’t heard anything back yet and I would imagine he’s trying to fight it somehow.

It’s been a long road and I’ll keep you guys posted on further details. Hopefully the good guys come out on top this time!

fan81

Reposting this to keep in all in one thread

After they closed the OG thread I kinda chalked it up as a loss and a learning exp. I did save a search for any Mercy posted on “the bay” just for kicks. About a month later I get a notification of a posting for a NIW 2014 Mercy. Crazy thing was the sellers name was the exact same as on SBF “SilverSlugger7”. I couldn’t believe it. You could tell it was the same bat by the location and orientation the D sticker that’s was placed under the wrapper. Some board bros also noticed it on “the bay” and PM’d me about it. I obliviously wasn’t the only one on the look out for this bat to show up.

I contacted the PA state police and asked for help. They told me to purchase the bat back for evidence. I placed a bid and won the bat then he actually shipped it back to the same address I shipped it to him from . The police contacted “the bay” and SBF to confirm the both usernames belonged to the same person and address. It was a match.

So I packed up my whole family and took the bat to the State Police ( I wanted to teach my kids a lesson about stealing and consequences. To this day we still talk about SS7 by his proper name and the bat is displayed in my closet as a daily reminder). The State Police Detective documented everything and found his fingerprints and mine on the bat still. We filed offical criminal charges and a summons was issued for him to appear in court. I showed up and he didn’t. They issued a warrant for his arrest and we’ve been waiting to extradite him to PA to appear in court.

Fast forward 2 years.... 2 weeks ago the DA called meand said SS7 has been picked up on the warrant. He is now applying for the ARD program. To enter the program he need to pay restitution to the victim. I filled out documention of all my losses, shipping etc. for the total of $500. I haven’t heard anything back yet and I would imagine he’s trying to fight it somehow.

It’s been a long road and I’ll keep you guys posted on further details. Hopefully the good guys come out on top this time!
Thanks for the update. Way to stay on top of it. Glad it all worked out for you in the long run.

jlee

Whats ironic is I FBed this Robert guys name and he is apart of the Softball NG2G page calling other people out lol...

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
What a read this was. This has all the great features of a book or movie. You might try tonsell this to hallmark Dugout!

Haha, glad you got your bat back and what a moron ss7 is. Catching a potential felony over a softball bat.