Mizuno 12.5 or 12.75 open back H-web?

jaj23

Eye Baller
Is there a higher-end Mizuno 12.5 or 12.75 H-web with an open back? I love my MZP 80, but I need a good RHT IF glove for SS or 3B and I want it to be an open back. My Pro Preferred is great, but I like the leather on my MZP 80 better.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
gmp55 is a good option.. a lot of guys on mizuno/taylormade use that as their infielder glove.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
I'd say a bit bigger but it's kinda narrow I've gotten mine to open up a lot with two in the pinky and use it in the outfield and on the mound now..

jaj23

Eye Baller
...looks like a GMP55 is in my future. What are the differences between the 55, 56, 55R, 55BK? I've read that the 55, 56, and 55R are the exact same except the 55 is Deguchi inside and out and the 56 and 55R have a deer skin lining. How does the leather on the 55BK compare to Deguchi?

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GMP55 is Deguchi in and out and is only Navy.
I have a 55R and 55BK (and 70BK). They are all the same, Decughi Out, Deer Skin inner.
Can't comment on the 56 or the White (Cream) custom ;)

jaj23

Eye Baller
GMP55 is Deguchi in and out and is only Navy.
I have a 55R and 55BK (and 70BK). They are all the same, Decughi Out, Deer Skin inner.
Can't comment on the 56 or the White (Cream) custom ;)

Thanks for the info...my impression was that the 55 and 56 are exactly the same except the 56 has a deer skin liner. I didn't realize the 55BK was Deguchi on the outside...good to know.

Do they all play 12.5" or slightly larger?

littleman13

The Veteran
I just put a glovesmith replacement web on a gge70, looks real nice but the gge70 plays pretty small:

i love the gcp51, if you could find one and pick up a glovesmith web it would be a good option

gsus03

Banned User
I would say a gge7v with an h web swapped on it...I have had two and liked them both, just love the stock traps for OF better