Mizuno Crush ASA?

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
I am eagerly anticipating mine. I have been asking for an ASA only Mizuno stick, and I think they may finally deliver.

Bump for our Northern Brothers, since they get all the cool gear these days. At least all the balanced sticks.

This ASA bat for USA, will be endloaded only. How endloaded is the question. .

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
Geezer000,

Thanks for posting the pics of the new Crush, ASA bat. It looks as if the only stamp I can see is an ASA stamp?

Is that truly the case? How endloaded is it? Endloaded like the 2019 Utrip Crush? Have you hit with the bat yet? .52 / 275's

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
Geezer000,

Thanks for posting the pics of the new Crush, ASA bat. It looks as if the only stamp I can see is an ASA stamp?

Is that truly the case? How endloaded is it? Endloaded like the 2019 Utrip Crush? Have you hit with the bat yet? .52 / 275's

Yes. it is ASA only. unfortunately I haven't swung it yet so im not sure of the weighting. Sorry

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
I am expecting mine in the next few weeks. I play ASA twice a week

I have been asking and hoping for an ASA only stick for years. The last Mizuno ASA bat I have is the green and black Nighthawk.

Thanks again for all the info, Brother!!!

Please keep us posted. I was wishing for a balanced bat, but I am happy to have an ASA only

Is that a 13" or 12.5" or 12" barrel?

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
Here are my initial thoughts on the Crush 21. After taking the wrapper off and hitting 15 - 20 balls in the first round, the bat feels to be about .50 oz enloaded. So not super heavy. The barrel is 12" so it took me a little bit getting used to the feel as I am mainly used to swinging a more balanced bat, and I wasn't swinging so well. I was hitting Dudley - Utrip Classic M+ balls. The bat feels as if it will open up and have no problem with the mush balls. By the end of the batting practice I was spinning balls 285 to the fence with out swinging exceptionally hard. My shoulder was a little sore on the follow through. The sound started out as almost a metallic plink sound. But hopefully will sound a little better as it breaks in.

I will post more as I get a chance to put more swings on it With the corona virus it may be a few weeks if they shut down some of the parks here in Florida before I get to supply an update.

Last edited:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Here are my initial thoughts on the Crush 21. After taking the wrapper off and hitting 15 - 20 balls in the first round, the bat feels to be about .50 oz enloaded. So not super heavy. The barrel is 12" so it took me a little bit getting used to the feel as I am mainly used to swinging a more balanced bat, and I wasn't swinging so well. I was hitting Dudley - Utrip Classic M+ balls. The bat feels as if it will open up and have no problem with the mush balls. By the end of the batting practice I was spinning balls 285 to the fence with out swinging exceptionally hard. My shoulder was a little sore on the follow through. The sound started out as almost a metallic plink sound. But hopefully will sound a little better as it breaks in.

I will post more as I get a chance to put more swings on it With the corona virus it may be a few weeks if they shut down some of the parks here in Florida before I get to supply an update.
where did you get it, more importantly where can we get them??

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like as of today the state of Florida has closed over 150 parks.

Glad I got some swings in yesterday.

Last edited:

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
I just took the wrapper off the barrel, these were the first swings. It will be fun. Once my left shoulder feels a little better.

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
When I get home I will do a quick test to see if the weighting feels the same.

My last Fury - I kept it. Even though Harvey put a nice crack in it for me. I should tell him he owes me a signature bat. Lol

Does this new ASA Crush 21 feel endloaded like a Techfire Fury?

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
When I get home I will do a quick test to see if the weighting feels the same.

My last Fury - I kept it. Even though Harvey put a nice crack in it for me. I should tell him he owes me a signature bat. Lol

Actually, the 26oz Fury and 26 oz Crush 21 feels close in weight comparison . The Fury was an 11" barrel. The Crush 21 is a 12" barrel..

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
Got a chance to take more swings this morning with the Crush 21. After a 5-6 week break. I have to say this bat is hitting the 52/275's extremely well. Both my buddy and I hit a few over the fence with this bat. There should be no concern on the performance and how this bat will handle the ASA/USA ball.

Hope everyone is well and can get our for games, leagues or tournies soon.

Last edited:

UncleMosk

Got a chance to take more swings this morning with the Crush 21. After a 5-6 week break. I have to say this bat is hitting the 52/275's extremely well. Both my buddy and I hit a few over the fence with this bat. There should be no concern on the performance and how this bat will handle the ASA/USA ball.

Hope everyone is well and can get our for games, leagues or tournies soon.

Will be getting one next week. Any updates since last swings?

UncleMosk

Well got mine in. Love the endload on this thing. Mizuno got ASA right finally after all these years. Barrel sound reminded of the flipper in some ways. Slight tinny sound. But for only 10 swings against others with more hits is impressive. Out of 10 hit the fence on short hops 4 times with one hitting the fence.

All performed quite the same except the Dually which needs more work but its getting there.

Best distance today was the Canadian TPZ Endloaded.

Attachments

• 20200609_203655.jpg
    20200609_203655.jpg
    659.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200609_210107.jpg
    20200609_210107.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200609_210008~2.jpg
    20200609_210008~2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 22