Mizuno Pro Limited MZP Ichiro 51 vs GZP Ichiro 51

Baseball Dad

Does anyone know what the difference between the Mizuno Pro Limited GZP Ichiro 51 versus the Mizuno Pro Limited MZP Ichiro 51?

I have occasionally seen the GZP version on sale on eBay, but never the MZP. The gloves look identical.

Would appreciate some information on this. Thanks.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know for sure, but unlike Rawlings with HoH and PP and Wilson with A2000 and A2K, Mizuno seems to change the model numbers for their top of the line gloves with some regularity. First it was World Win, then MZP, then GZP, and them GMP, and now GMP2. They may have made some minor change to the padding or internals or whatever, but I doubt it's anything you'd notice. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if a Mizuno expert doesn't correct me.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Hah, They are basically the same glove.

The MZPichiro51 canme out first...may have only been made one year, therefore, they are limited in numbers,
and harder to find.

THe GZPichiro51 was made around 2003-4....Same Double Tanned leather inside and out.
This was the highest level of glove Mizuno made in the day besides MIJ or Pro Issues.

If you love ichiro, like the GMP7 model, grab one. That said, They are so high priced because of the rarity of the model.
You could get a Mizuno MIJ trapeze for the same quality and pay less.

MZPichiro51 & GZPichiro51
1t_zps4c9e988a.gif

Baseball Dad

Hah, They are basically the same glove.

The MZPichiro51 canme out first...may have only been made one year, therefore, they are limited in numbers,
and harder to find.

THe GZPichiro51 was made around 2003-4....Same Double Tanned leather inside and out.
This was the highest level of glove Mizuno made in the day besides MIJ or Pro Issues.

If you love ichiro, like the GMP7 model, grab one. That said, They are so high priced because of the rarity of the model.
You could get a Mizuno MIJ trapeze for the same quality and pay less.

MZPichiro51 & GZPichiro51
1t_zps4c9e988a.gif
This is good information, thank you.

I have a MZPIchiro 51 in mint condition. I would occasionally use it when coaching my son's baseball team.

How much is one of these glove worth nowadays? It's been used, but in pristine condition? Should I stop using it on the field so to keep it in its current mint condition as a collector's item?

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Show a pic and I can send you some prices. I know people on here and insta still like these.

Mint, I've seen go for $500-800 with BOX & letter.

Used
$300-500 in minty shape

F

johnnySoftball3

This is good information, thank you.

I have a MZPIchiro 51 in mint condition. I would occasionally use it when coaching my son's baseball team.

How much is one of these glove worth nowadays? It's been used, but in pristine condition? Should I stop using it on the field so to keep it in its current mint condition as a collector's item?

I would be interested in buying your Mizuno and I also have a used in good shape gmp7bk which is in black.
I sent a message on here.
lmk
John