MLB 2018: The Yankees buy a championship off of Amazon

3XC

Big Truss
WS: NYY over WSH

NL MVP: Altuve
AL MVP: Stanton
NL CY: Kershaw
AL CY: Sale

Every big spending club in baseball makes the postseason. All of them. This is the year of no surprises.
NL 2nd wild card may be a surprise, but they won't do anything. Its a 3 team contest and that's being generous. Boston and NY. Cleveland. Houston and the Angels. Locks. Dodgers, Cubs, Nationals. Locks. The only surprise in 2018 is that the Nationals win 2 playoff series before crumbling, instead of crumbling first.

Joker

yea i don't see the playoff picture being anything unexpected. rockies win the NL wild card game this year though

chacha15

rec chip
David Eckstein fake bunt to HR is still one of my favorites

the odds of teams like the Padres making the WS are 500-1

3XC

Big Truss
Looking forward to Chris Davis striking out looking on 3 pitches a dozen or more times.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Many teams have spent a ton and still lost. We downgraded at 2nd base and downgraded at 3rd base so it's not like we're much better. Also I don't see Judge putting up 52 HRs again. We'll see.

hrdchrgin13

As the ole lady and I were headed out of Atl yesterday, I said we should've went to the Braves game and she said turn around if you want to go. Traffic was extremely ****ty so I went on home.

Would've been a good game to go to. Braves rally back to tie in the 8th and Markakis hits a walk off... fml

Stretch19

Grow up
im hoping to make it down for a game at the new park this year...pretty sure the O's play in ATL, i wont let you know

Joker

Scarecrow: I need a brain
Tin man: I need a heart
Lion: I need courage
Hedge: I need a colon

hrdchrgin13

would not be in restroom sittin always a ****tin
My day would always be rollin
I would poop less and be merry, I could possibly have a dingleberry,
If I only had a colon.

3XC

Big Truss
hedge is mad because the Twins got a dominant start from Odorizzi and then blew it because they have some off-brand Dollar Tree closer.

When the announcers said "Minnesota is bringing in their new closer, 41 year old Fernando Rodney" I smugly said to wifey "We got this ****."

Nobody better huh? Nobody else out there but the geriatric journeyman known for blowing saves? How you gonna be a wild card team and run out and sign that dude? Did you ask around about Jim Johnson but then decide he was too young and reliable?

Stretch19

Grow up
odorizzi looked good for sure, really had the O's looking bad for 6 innings

bundy got himself off to a stellar start

3XC

Big Truss
To be fair, Davis and Alvarez looking bad is par. I understand Trumbo is hurt. I know Alvarez is a lefty bad in a RH heavy lineup. But he ain't ****.

Stretch19

Grow up
yeah no doubt...i was kind of surprised they bothered bringing him back

davis looked like ass defensively too which was was more of a surprise than him going 0 for

dunkky

baseball is still pitcher's game especially in playoffs. Adding stanton helps, but he is not the deciding factor. This is not basketball.

3XC

Big Truss
yeah no doubt...i was kind of surprised they bothered bringing him back

davis looked like ass defensively too which was was more of a surprise than him going 0 for
Only surprise for me was Schoop going 0-5 with 2 Ks and a hideous GIDP with the bases loaded and one out (in extra innings to boot)

I know Schoop is good, but I don't know if he's 2017 Schoop good. Last year may have been a statistical high point for him. We'll see. The pessimist in me says he's a .265/23/70 guy, certainly decent but not what we saw last year.

hedge

life takes guts
hedge is mad because the Twins got a dominant start from Odorizzi and then blew it because they have some off-brand Dollar Tree closer.

When the announcers said "Minnesota is bringing in their new closer, 41 year old Fernando Rodney" I smugly said to wifey "We got this ****."

Nobody better huh? Nobody else out there but the geriatric journeyman known for blowing saves? How you gonna be a wild card team and run out and sign that dude? Did you ask around about Jim Johnson but then decide he was too young and reliable?

I don’t even know who is on the team besides a few key players. They have an awful owner and they aren’t even trying to put out a good product.