MLB 2018: The Yankees buy a championship off of Amazon

ntz

tricknollegy
this is the most brutal thing i have ever read...

The year is 2029.

Long after having been forgotten by the mainstream media and casual fan, Clayton Kershaw barely makes a postseason roster as a mid reliever.

But then he shockingly catches fire. He can’t miss his spots. Unhitable.

He gets the save in all three game for round one with 8 strikeouts. No walks.

In round two, he comes out of the pen once again and earns two saves while allowing zero runs and striking out six. He is easily the mvp.

Then in the big dance. The memories of his postseason struggles re-emerge. That’s all the media has to talk about. Will he be used again?

In game two, barely holding a one run lead, Kershaw is summoned from the bullpen. The league MVP at the plate and runners on second and third.

But there is not a prayer.

One down.

Two down.

Three down.

All the world is abuzz but despite Kershaws efforts, the series goes to seven.

After a 17 inning marathon in game 6, there is only one answer. Only one available pitcher.

The former legend who has re-emerges with awe-inspiring grandeur. Clayton Kershaw.

He strikes out the side to begin the game.

He cruises along and somewhere around the 6th inning, there is buzz that he’s got a perfect game going.

One by one, the champions of the American League have no answer.

To the 9th.

But through the 9th.

The score is 0-0.

Kershaws fatigue shows but he is determined. To finally defeat the haunting demons of his earlier, hall of game career.

At the plate in the bottom of the 10th, with a perfect game intact, is the boy from Texas.

On an 0-2 count he gets a fastball.

He doesn’t miss.

And with the crack of the bat, a legacy of disappointment and failure evaporates.

The ball sails over the wall and the searies is over.

A walkoff home run to complete a perfect game 7.

In tears the 40 year old turns the corner at third. His teammates 90 feet away. He steps on the bag.

It’s over.

The stigma. The opinions. The haters. They have nowhere to go.

At the podium, Kershaw begins to break down.

“I wanted a ring, I couldn’t walk away with out it.”

He sobs through the presentation and turns toward the owner.

“When no one believed in me, you did. I’m so thankful for the opportunity!”

Then the team makes their way to the dugout and tunnel. Kershaw is the last.

He looks back to make sure it is all real.

He glances to the heavens and smiles.

He looks up at the board and grins.

It’s happened.

It’s real.

The scoreboard confirms it.

The San Francisco Giants have won the World Series.

ntz

tricknollegy
as a life long robinson cano stan i not only respect no hustle, i value it above all other traits.

ntz

tricknollegy
hop in a time machine and lets go back to the year of our lord 2012 when both robinson cano and dustin pedroia were putting in their respective work and viewed as polar opposites of how they went about playing 2b. like the beatles vs. elvis debate, you can only identify with the beatles or elvis. same thing here, you either identify with cano or pedroia, but not both. i'm cano all the way. i don't respect hustle, i don't respect grind.

ntz

tricknollegy
that chad acuna is going to have lots of time to crush puss now that he doesn't have to worry about the rest of the month

Last edited:

tonys1

that chad acuna is going to have lots of time to crush puss now that he doesn't have to worry about the rest of the month

He'll probably be too busy showboating to do anything. Girl will get tired and just leave.

tonys1

[GALLERY=media, 33417]F3B303FB-77A4-439E-9CDB-8F21AA1CC421 by tonys1 posted Oct 10, 2019 at 5:35 PM[/GALLERY]

3XC

Big Truss
First decade since the 1910s that the Yankees did not advance to a single World Series.

Shoulda bought some starters to go along with your entire lineup and entire bullpen.

ntz

tricknollegy
IsiYzIf.png

NYC

Swag on 100.
First decade since the 1910s that the Yankees did not advance to a single World Series.

Shoulda bought some starters to go along with your entire lineup and entire bullpen.
Red sox have the highest payroll, and didn't make playoffs. Yanks success was actually due to low paid replacements all year. As long as we don't go 54-108 like the pathetic Triple A Orioles lol.

ntz

tricknollegy
Their success was due to scoring more runs than the team they were playing more than 103 times this year