MLB hot stove

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Damn Votto, Now youre thinking....... And dreaming. Votto is a beast though.

Last edited:

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
i'm not sure who they plan on using. word is they had about 35mm to spend after arbitration raises. 5 went to aoki and 13-15 will go to iwakuma. gives them another 20-25 to go after someone now that they unloaded with trumbo. outfield is set, 1b and the bullpen is about the only areas of improvement, pending they re-sign iwakuma.

they oughta try and make a package for votto. reds are perpetually rebuilding and he's got a huge contract. I doubt it'd take too much in terms of prospects to get him, so long as they pay most if not all his remaining salary

I'd be good with Votto, but not if it costs Walker. Maybe Paxton and a lower tier minor leaguer or two.

dblemup

Addicted to Softballfans
nope, it was actually a nice field. just retarded dimensions. warning track was probably 20 feet long and was gravelized lava rock. awesome stuff to run and dive on. the cf wall was the grandstands of the football field. saw one guy clear it out of the 15 years I was there, twins ended up taking him like 6th overall one year.

oh the field surface was awesome. just the dimensions were awful...yeah i saw two (twin brothers taking BP before our game, other team...using wood for the scouts) guys hit it out at 430 and some were way out...both in pro ball now...actually all 3 brothers in pro ball...all 3 Snyder brothers

http://snyderbaseball.com/baseball-staff/

3XC

Big Truss
How is Davis awful in the field?

He's not awful at first, he's a subpar 3B and not a good right fielder, but the mere fact that were talking a two time MLB HR leader playing three separate positions, and probably four if you put him in left field, not to mention he has 1 and 2/3 scoreless innings as an emergency pitcher, I mean ****. How nitpicky can people be? He's also among the fastest first baseman in baseball, dude is a tremendous, NFL caliber elite athlete. I don't think the guy who said he's a bad fielder has any idea about Chris Davis aside from looking at stats.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Yeah AZ aint messing around. The bats are already there for them to have a good season.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
Cardinals need to do something now. From the rumors it's looking like they may be in on Alex Gordon?

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Soria back to KC..... Always liked him but he cant stay healthy. Maybe sign him and get Nathan and they can alternate on the dl.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
other guys out there, didnt have to run and trade for a top closer. but maybe they got a good deal.... he will fit right in with the other idiot puig.

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Dodgers let Grienke walk, sign an aging and injury prone Iwakuma, deal for Chapman when they already have Jansen and could cause some friction, and resign Utley coming off of his worst year on the downside age wise to let Kendrick walk who was arguably their best RHH bat. Sounds like LA gets bounced in the NLDS again.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
Dodgers let Grienke walk, sign an aging and injury prone Iwakuma, deal for Chapman when they already have Jansen and could cause some friction, and resign Utley coming off of his worst year on the downside age wise to let Kendrick walk who was arguably their best RHH bat. Sounds like LA gets bounced in the NLDS again.

Jansen will set up or split the closing role which is actually interesting. Give a guy a night off in between saves, try not to over use your closer.