MLB hot stove

Marshenko

8/184 is pretty pricey.
Can opt out two different times too, including after year 3.
That kid is gonna get paid.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Theres some other **** they was talking about on the radio. Just caught the tail end though......

3XC

Big Truss
Davis would be a great fit in St.Louis, but for their big markety focus. He's a credulous, hokey Christian and that plays really well there. Better than the northeast for sure. He's a worker and an athlete. His streakiness lends itself to media hyperbole in both directions; Chris Davis will have weeks where he strikes out 20 times and doesn't reach base and weeks where he is literally carrying the team offensively, slugging 1.500 and just being ridiculous and doing ridiculous things, like hitting oppo home runs off the endcap.

I'm a fan. I have seen him play as much as anyone. He truly wants to succeed. He beats himself up and is very sensitive and aware of criticism. He needs a fan base that won't boo or get cynical when he goes 1-30, and he WILL go 1-30 at times. He absolutely could not succeed in Boston, Philly, or NY. No way. Playing at home in Texas was too much for him. Even St. Louis might be too much, with the national fan base. This is a guy that needs protection in the lineup, and a manager that plays him every day even when he slumps, and he will slump.

Still. The week he goes 14-24 with 6 homers and 4 doubles, and 3 of the homers are in the 7th, 8th or 9th, thats gonna happen too.

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
Cardinals have enough talent to use Lackey and Heyward. If Adams comes around they also have Tham, Grichuk and Piscotty. Wainright will be the Ace of the Cardinals staff again. They have always have a great farm system. But with the lose of Heyward pretty much gave away Miller for nothing but a draft pick to show for when it is all said and done.

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
8/184 is pretty pricey.
Can opt out two different times too, including after year 3.
That kid is gonna get paid.

He'll opt out after 3 years. He'll only be in his age 29/30 season, there will be no reason not to try to up the ante then as well. I, personally, like the signing right now. But then again, I don't expect him to stick around for the duration.

Marshenko

good grab by astros getting giles from phils, love the walker trade to for mets. i probably like walkers bat more then zobrist.

Astros ended up sending Appel to the Phillies as part of that deal. Too early to call him a bust as a 1st overall pick?

turner033

Addicted to Softballfans
It could be worse. You could be a Twins fan like myself. One of the wealthiest ownership groups in all of baseball, and they never pay for free agents.

They pay, just not for the right guys. Every team needs 1 horse, we have 3 ponies.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Michael Cuddyer retires. Not the biggest star, but he was a solid player that I always respected. Godspeed and happy fishing or whatever you do.

stork

CWDOByuWEAArZrV.jpg

stork

I wasn't thinking anything in particular so lets just go with Morris-in-20.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Cubs got a very good player in Heyward, but I don't understand why they went after him with amount of good position players they have. If I were a Cubs fan I'd prefer my team to spend that kind of dough on a front line starter. They don't have a lot of pitching talent in the minors. Lester is gonna be an old 32 next season. Lackey is a short term fix. Arrieta was insane last year, but do you have faith that wasn't a career outlier season? Price, Zimmerman, or Grienke would have made them that much better.

Maybe they'll send a package deal to Miami. Who knows?

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
they are going to trade for pitching, wont be jose but carrasco or tyson ross will be ok with me.

even tehran if its for javy and not soler

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
they are going to trade for pitching, wont be jose but carrasco or tyson ross will be ok with me.

even tehran if its for javy and not soler

I agree with you there. Except I want them to keep Javy. Soler will probably spend much of his career on the DL. But, what do I know?

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Yeah it's a crap shot... I still like Javy just think Soler has more value.
I'm also high on Soler for some reason lol

3XC

Big Truss
Cubs got a very good player in Heyward, but I don't understand why they went after him with amount of good position players they have. If I were a Cubs fan I'd prefer my team to spend that kind of dough on a front line starter. They don't have a lot of pitching talent in the minors. Lester is gonna be an old 32 next season. Lackey is a short term fix. Arrieta was insane last year, but do you have faith that wasn't a career outlier season? Price, Zimmerman, or Grienke would have made them that much better.

Maybe they'll send a package deal to Miami. Who knows?

Career outlier season, perhaps. But WHY did he get better.

Average velocity in Baltimore: 91
Average velocity in Chicago: 94.3

He simply got mechanically better, and now has better stuff. Only way he loses his stuff is through age or injury. Yes, pitchers have to execute, location, yadda yadda. But he not only has more velocity but an effective cutter that he didn't have in Baltimore. The Orioles haven't developed (drafted as amateur) a top line pitcher since Mike Mussina, 24 years ago. Arrieta was drafted and coached in an organization that still thinks every starter should have an overhand curve, 4 seam fastball, and straight change. They coach their young pitchers like its 1980 and they're gonna have to throw 250 innings a year. Better not throw hard sliders, cutters, and splits, because we need you to start 44 games in our 4 man rotation. Its retarded. Baltimore ran Dick Bosman out of town and he went to Texas and then Tampa, under his watch the Rays developed top arms.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Career outlier season, perhaps. But WHY did he get better.

Average velocity in Baltimore: 91
Average velocity in Chicago: 94.3

He simply got mechanically better, and now has better stuff. Only way he loses his stuff is through age or injury. Yes, pitchers have to execute, location, yadda yadda. But he not only has more velocity but an effective cutter that he didn't have in Baltimore. The Orioles haven't developed (drafted as amateur) a top line pitcher since Mike Mussina, 24 years ago. Arrieta was drafted and coached in an organization that still thinks every starter should have an overhand curve, 4 seam fastball, and straight change. They coach their young pitchers like its 1980 and they're gonna have to throw 250 innings a year. Better not throw hard sliders, cutters, and splits, because we need you to start 44 games in our 4 man rotation. Its retarded. Baltimore ran Dick Bosman out of town and he went to Texas and then Tampa, under his watch the Rays developed top arms.
I agree. I don't think he's going back to what he was before, but he was at an insane level last year. I just thought they could have spent some of that money on another elite pitcher. I don't think they are done. Somebody is probably gonna get traded for pitching.

balcoballer

I REPORT POSTS
ehh... I didn't think they would drop the coin on a big pitcher... samardja would of been a good pick up but his stock went too high. they needed a solid OF like heyword. soler needs to go and is good trade baits. I think if they don't pick up any pitching they will in the first half before the trade deadline. having a solid 3 starters and if hammels stops being a ***** and returns to decent form- that isn't a bad lineup. definitely would of been nice though to pick up another pitcher though