Monsta?

jkwoody22

League ball huer
What is the difference between a fallout and a torch? Just weighting, and is the 3500 handle stiff or go with the 4500 to be stiff, I can’t stand the owner and haven’t kept up, but damn they have good results, saw a grunt style last night at league, but with that paint style there are multiple platforms to choose from

ShortYellowBus

Don’t buy those bats. They are having horrible quality management issues right now and management is blaming China and not making the decision to help the customers.

Bats are cracking left and right at 200 swings. And the warranty is useless because they’re blaming China and making you buy a new bat from them instead.

If you’re looking for a bat, buy one that’s 2015-2017. Avoid everything else.

lorichie56

I had never tried a Monsta before and after seeing all the videos decided to try a few. I bought a bounty hunter in January put around 80-100 swings on it with only evil bp 52+ and it cracked in multiple spots. I also bought a hype from Scheels and hit 40-50 balls all bp 52+ and it also cracked in multiple places. I was able to just return the hype to the store but the bounty hunter has been at monsta for like 6 weeks now and the person i've talked to just continues to say "we haven't had any problems with this model." Last i heard from her was they were going to cut it open but if they find no defect i need to pay $150 to get a replacement. My experience with them has been terrible and even though the exit velo/distance was good ill never buy another one. Customer service doesn't exist with them.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
I have never tried Monsta before either but have a DNA on pre-order. I gather it was suppose to ship around this time but is now into June. I needed an ASA bat so I decided to try one. It seems most of their bats are backordered but a lot of big name brands are also for some reason.

ShortYellowBus

I have never tried Monsta before either but have a DNA on pre-order. I gather it was suppose to ship around this time but is now into June. I needed an ASA bat so I decided to try one. It seems most of their bats are backordered but a lot of big name brands are also for some reason.
Cancel that order. They wait until enough people send payment before they start building them. That’s how they pay their manufacturer in China. There’s no delays; it’s because not enough people have bought them yet.

The long delays causes the prices to go up for bats in-hand. Raffles are generating almost 1k for ordinary crappy $209 bats.

All they have is excuse after excuse. It’s never their fault.

I hope people are listening. Buy something else. That company is a mess.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
This is why I always stayed away, thought maybe now they got their act together, bat I was looking at was in stock,
No waiting, would never play that game with them, but clearly Carl is still a
Douche and I’ll just buy the new krecher with warranty

sun5150

I talked to a friend about the preorders. They say its like a ponzi scheme. Get the pre order money to pay for the bill on the previous bat model they made.

UncleMosk

I talked to a friend about the preorders. They say its like a ponzi scheme. Get the pre order money to pay for the bill on the previous bat model they made.

Smells like it don't it. Newest problem is shipping logistics. Container prices have tripled in the last 6 months. So unless they are willing to pay top dollar don't expect your Torch orders until 2022.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
as one who owns a few torches because they are absolute fire spitters (purchased on secondary markets), i wouldn't buy a new monsta if my life depended on it. A) there are so many exclusive models its all confusing and these things for the past 2 years have been absolute turds for longevity.

ShortYellowBus

as one who owns a few torches because they are absolute fire spitters (purchased on secondary markets), i wouldn't buy a new monsta if my life depended on it. A) there are so many exclusive models its all confusing and these things for the past 2 years have been absolute turds for longevity.
All the new Monsta’s are M5 composite, which is Hype tech. PSA for all giving a smidge of consideration going to the monsta athletics website.

dunkky

Monsta bats from a few years ago are pretty good. but not much different than other top asa bats IMO. Just get Anarchy to be on the safe side. they hit good, don't pay stupid money for the hype though. that rebellion/demon is 700 to 1000 now? dumb. literally bats from the last couple of years are the same tech and same performance. I personally never swung them, but I have no reason to doubt.

I think people are sucked in by those monsta reviewers who got bought out by Carl. He is the one conducting all the bad business practice, yet, he always bash other companies for no reason. If you take look at less popular bat reviewers, they smash with odin, amped, humble, kp, kreacher, and more.

MAT25MAT

Addicted to Softballfans
M2 technology is good in my opinion! I have been swinging a border battle fallout for over 2 years! I haven’t swung the M5 tech, and I stay away from end loads and flexi handles. I have a 15 flipper (my favorite bat) and the green kretcher, miken primo and the fallout has more pop. The others are good bats and the other companies aren’t run by an idiot! but if you can get one for a decent price you won’t be upset! Bang for your buck the green kretcher I was able to find a few months ago for like $185!

basilray

Not that I am trying to suggest Monsta is killing it w/ service, but they have made some imrpovements, kinda?

Picked up a first batch Hype from another SBF member. Bat had a few hundred swings, and I could tell something wasn't right w/ it. Sent it in, and they replaced the FIB and shipped back to me in under a week at no charge. That's pretty good, IMO.

I am not in love w/ the Hype, but it's an OK bat.

tonys1

Not that I am trying to suggest Monsta is killing it w/ service, but they have made some imrpovements, kinda?

Picked up a first batch Hype from another SBF member. Bat had a few hundred swings, and I could tell something wasn't right w/ it. Sent it in, and they replaced the FIB and shipped back to me in under a week at no charge. That's pretty good, IMO.

I am not in love w/ the Hype, but it's an OK bat.

You’re impressed they fixed their defective bat with uneven walls and Carl didn’t lash out at you, drag you through his page and censor you?

We have to expect more.

basilray

You’re impressed they fixed their defective bat with uneven walls and Carl didn’t lash out at you, drag you through his page and censor you?

We have to expect more.

Allegedly, my shell was fine. I got the same bat back, new FIB. Under a week door to door.

I get the hate he's earned, and I've never ordered a bat from him or one of his reps because I like to have a reasonable expectation of delivery. That being said, it wasn't a horrible experience, making it somewhat of a rarity.