Motivation ......

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
So over the past 2 years, I've gotten just plain fat. I was about 215lbs pretty solid with a little chub.....but could still play basketball for all night and be gtg.

So I decided that I wanted to play more softball and stopped playing basketball a couple nights a week. I have gone from 215lbs to 240lbs. I have two kids and not a whole lot of time.....I HATE running and don't have a gym close. Anyone got any suggestions?
Should I stop a night of softball and go back to basketball?

eHall

Base burglar
You want to lose weight without going to the gym? basketball is much better than softball when it comes to cardio.

Other than that, diet diet diet. Drink less beer, fried foods and eat smaller more frequent meals.

Jigokumimi

Addicted to Softballfans
If you hate working out - and God knows, I do - just make yourself do something short & intense, once or twice a day. Hill sprints, burpees, SOMEthing. You can find 5-10 minutes; anybody can. Exercise so you're gasping for breath. None of that long, slow stuff. Get a workout timer if you have a fancy cell phone and tell yourself "It's just X minutes, I can do this for X minutes."
Also, lots of little things: take the stairs, park away from the store & walk across the lot, jog or bicycle to & from work. Build it into your day so you're not "working out," but you're moving around more. It helps, it really does.
Good luck!

jrockdog

Splittin Gaps
Jump rope ,push up, box squats. Anything like this for a couple of sets before you start your day. Should het the metabolism burning

PracticeSquad7

Addicted to Softballfans
So over the past 2 years, I've gotten just plain fat. I was about 215lbs pretty solid with a little chub.....but could still play basketball for all night and be gtg.

So I decided that I wanted to play more softball and stopped playing basketball a couple nights a week. I have gone from 215lbs to 240lbs. I have two kids and not a whole lot of time.....I HATE running and don't have a gym close. Anyone got any suggestions?

Sexercise... oh wait, you're married. :rolleyes: Sorry bro, I got nothin.

PracticeSquad7

Addicted to Softballfans
On a serious note... I have experienced the same thing. I went from a brick **** house at 240lbs while playing college football to a 280lbs turd after I got married. I have been working hard and lost 20lbs to date after my divorce. Then I took this product http://www.completenutrition.com/all_products/product_detail?object=6701#cr and have been cutting body fat and gaining muscle like you wouldn't believe. I've lost about 5lbs since I started taking it, but the muscle I have built far surpasses any amount of weight I desired to lose. I'm about 3 times stronger than I was when I started taking this in combination with Buzzerk, which is also a product sold by this company. If you're 30+ there's also a product called Charger that does wonders for your energy levels.

Last edited:

Nietzsche

Drowned God
One game of hoops = 3 games of softball.

There's a reason why dudes weeping of fat can play softball and would get their ass sewn to their face in basketball.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans

There's a Snap, Anytime, YMCA, LA Fitness, Lifetime and Texas Family/Express peppered across McKinney...and all within the Virginia-Custer-121-75 "block" (most within 10 min or less of each other). All of them, except the first two, offer some kind of child-care hours, too.

There's a Curves, also. :p

PracticeSquad7

Addicted to Softballfans
There's a Snap, Anytime, YMCA, LA Fitness, Lifetime and Texas Family/Express peppered across McKinney...and all within the Virginia-Custer-121-75 "block" (most within 10 min or less of each other). All of them, except the first two, offer some kind of child-care hours, too.

There's a Curves, also. :p

LMAO... that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are!

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
Get a deck of cards and take out the face cards so you are left wit 2-10 only.
Name 1 exercise for each suit, situp= clubs, pushups= spades, squats= hearts and jumping jacks=diamonds.
Shuffle the deck and turn over a card, if it is the 2 of diamonds then you do 2 jumping jacks.
Go thru the whole deck like that and time yourself, try to get faster each time.
If something gets too easy you can replace it with a new exercise like pull ups.
It is never the same so it doesnt get too boring.
Yes you will have days when you turn over the 10 of spades and then the 9 of spades but that is part of the challange.:D

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Name 1 exercise for each suit, situp= clubs, pushups= spades, squats= hearts and jumping jacks=diamonds.
Shuffle the deck and turn over a card, if it is the 2 of diamonds then you do 2 jumping jacks.
Go thru the whole deck like that and time yourself, try to get faster each time.
If something gets too easy you can replace it with a new exercise like pull ups.
Yes you will have days when you turn over the 10 of spades and then the 9 of spades but that is part of the challange.:D

That's creative, I like it.

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans

I'm gonna try this.

wcoastsoftball

I'm gonna try this.

That is an interesting concept, but I would change it a bit. Situps won't do much for fat loss, and I don't even use situps in my program designs. I would do a warm up full of different back squeezes (assuming no access to rowing or pullups) and core work such as planks, along with mobility work. Then, name the suits with lunges(the number would be for each leg, so pull a 9 and it is 9 lunges on each leg), squats, pushups and burpees or jumping jacks, then go to work.

I know, not much change to ob's suggeestion, but lunges for situps.

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
That is an interesting concept, but I would change it a bit. Situps won't do much for fat loss, and I don't even use situps in my program designs. I would do a warm up full of different back squeezes (assuming no access to rowing or pullups) and core work such as planks, along with mobility work. Then, name the suits with lunges(the number would be for each leg, so pull a 9 and it is 9 lunges on each leg), squats, pushups and burpees or jumping jacks, then go to work.

I know, not much change to ob's suggeestion, but lunges for situps.

That is the beauty of this, you can mix and match so it doesnt get dull and boreing.
The situps are more for cardio, all are, you do these as fast as you can while keeping form.
Getting up and down from situps to squats doesnt sound that difficult but it is a harder workout than it looks.
If you can finish in under 10 minutes then it is time to do 2 sets.:eek:

berglin11

Addicted to Softballfans
Then there is your problem man. You don't want to change. Get a membership and hire a trainer for a month to get you started.

If you can afford it, hiring a trainer would be great. I have been slacking myself lately and see some fat coming around the midsection again. Need a kick in the butt.

Also what you are eating is key!