Must be shaved...

gilroyc21

Addicted to Softballfans
Last week I bought a z2000 from Cochina, and brought it out Wednesday for league. Our 4 hole swings it in the game and hits a missle to the left field wall, I come up in the 10 hole and hit a ball to short right with it seeing that I don't have much power. Well the short stop starts running his mouth about how that bat is shaved and rolled. I don't swing hot and never will being a pitcher so I ask him if he has a problem with the bat and he precedes to tell me that bat is shaved because of the sound of the Z.

Literally just shook my head and offered to let the all star swing it and he blows it sky high for the 3rd basemen to catch it. Next at bat for our cleanup guy puts it in the trees in LF. I hollered after he touched the bag "must be shaved huh". Damn league idiots

teamriot38

UNKNOWNachilles
If its a Z2000 and it didn't break in the 5 swings you mentioned, something must be altered with it. He was right to question it.

gilroyc21

Addicted to Softballfans
It just blows my mind that because someone has a natural swing (the guy played some low A ball) that it is instantly the bat. If it was the bat I highly doubt id still be sitting on 1 career dinger lol

dcz3

Most league idiots have no idea what a shaved or rolled bat is, they just want to sound smart because they overheard the cooler league idiots talk about shaved and rolled bats.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hear that all the time with the Z's since they sound so weird, even though most teams down here have at least 3 of them.

Amess215

I TURN DBLES 2 SINGLES
I had a guy ask me once how much I had taken out of my duo 2. I just looked at him funny. I tried to sell it to him for 200 after the tourney. He almost bit. But i ended up blowing it up the week after.

sosa2314

Laser show
If its a Z2000 and it didn't break in the 5 swings you mentioned, something must be altered with it. He was right to question it.

I have a bad QC Z that is still going strong after a year and a half and simply rakes. I hear this all the time because the sound is weird. Same with the new DC. Let the haters hate.

Jordan9215

Star Player
everyone that hits harder than I do is obviously swinging shaved sticks. I don't know why you guys are pretending they aren't...

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Used to get called out all the time with my ASA Z's! This hit missiles and sounded like dammit!

NRVOUSS

Addicted to Softballfans
Sore losers and lesser teams will always try and accuse you of swinging dirty. It's the only way they can justify not being able to hit a ball as well as you. Week after week we get accused of swinging shaved bats. We have three well broken in J3's and one brand new one. Two weeks ago a pitcher was chirping about us all using the same bat (too stupid to realize we had 4 of the same bat) and I took our new J3 out of the wrapper. Four swings later, my best player put it out about 360'. Didn't hear much after that. Just ignore them and let your play do the talking.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Ever in the position of thinking the other team believes you have a shaved stick but isn't saying anything? Makes you feel bad and want to say something but it probably wouldn't help.

Playing a team last week and I get a good couple hits and so other guys on my team have to swing my bat and they got a couple good hits too. Then I notice every time a teammate takes that same model bat up to plate (have a couple on the team) the IF moves back to the grass and start looking at each other making sure they're ready. They were a cool group of dudes and I felt bad about it, our team isn't a bunch of sandbagging mashers, just happened to be having a good night.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
ya know what you do is hit a bomb with the clean stick then when they cry you grab the shaver and institute pain to the pitchers shinbone next ab. then tell em "oh, was that one shaved too?" haha morans

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
trying being 5' 8" and hitting the ball like i do.

guys on teams i have played have swung dirty and i am the one getting accused

TheKid33

Star Player
I've never been in the business of shaving bats because I'm not a cheater and I don't want to hurt ppl, but is it true you can't shave a 2 piece composite? My buddy was saying something like that and I just didn't know if that's true or false. Because if true I'll continue to buy 2 pieces because I've never been remotely accused of swinging shaved or anything, I don't hit bombs lol but team mates do, but I piss singles all over the field, I hit the ball as hard as anyone on my team. But maybe since I'm not dropping bombs and I don't shoot middle, they don't think it's shaved lol.